Stafford is officially my new favorite non-Bill (refused trade to Pats)

Virgil

Gotta love it! 😂

Matt Stafford doesn't want any part of the Patriots because of Matt Patricia! 

Deshaun Watson tends to agree with this because of blundering Bill O'Brian in trading away his favorite target DeAndre Hopkins. 

NE brings back Cam Newton...

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Gotta love it! 😂

Matt Stafford doesn't want any part of the Patriots because of Matt Patricia! 

Deshaun Watson tends to agree with this because of blundering Bill O'Brian in trading away his favorite target DeAndre Hopkins. 

NE brings back Cam Newton...

Yea you might wanna do some more research on the Watson situation. Had nothing to do with the Hopkins trade or O'Brien. He has had it with ownership.

22 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

BB is eyeing what's going on in S.F.

Also

The draft is coming..among other Free agent QBs.

This team won 7 with a QB who could barely throw pass the line of scrimmage. What do you think they could be capable of with a different actual QB. 🤔

A lot of teams are eyeing what's going on in SF and there will likely be a bidding war like there was for Stafford.  And the same problem for them exists: no skill positions.  Not to mention no one is the rushing threat Cam was.

6 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

How true. I just find it hilarious how fans and the media worship Belichick and the Pats franchise, but players are actually choosing not to go there. 

Yeah, the titles may have a little something to do with that worship. As the article says, during the Brady era a lot of players were willing to take less to go there. 

Have to admit I like the current situation better.

50 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea you might wanna do some more research on the Watson situation. Had nothing to do with the Hopkins trade or O'Brien. He has had it with ownership.

And getting rid of Hopkins could well have been one of the straws that broke the camel's back on that.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

The Hopkins trade had something to do with it, and BOB, Easterby and then Caserio all being from the Cheaters was the main reason.

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/turns-out-matthew-stafford-coming-foxboro-was-never-going-happen

If this gets merged with the trade thread, so be it. 

However, this is the greatest news out of the NFL I’ve heard since our game.  

Stafford will be drafted in my FFL going forward.  

To the king 🍺 

So glad that he didn’t join the patriots.

It’s such a fine line, isn’t it? If he would’ve joined the patriots maybe you would’ve started to not like them. That said, now you love him for dissing the patriots. 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Doc said:

A lot of teams are eyeing what's going on in SF and there will likely be a bidding war like there was for Stafford.  And the same problem for them exists: no skill positions.  Not to mention no one is the rushing threat Cam was.

Of course if Jimmy G shakes lose in SF there will be teams "kicking the tires" but none of that doesn't mean Patriots still wouldn't be able to get him. Plus Jimmy G would be open to coming back to New England because he feels he owes BB for getting him his big contract (heard that on sports radio). And you're acting like the patriots aren't gonna be able to utilize their cap space and also draft to retool?? Like all other teams are going to be able to, but not the pats?? Plus the threat of Cam Newton running is not what the pats are looking for. That's what their RBs are for. Damien Harris was pretty good for them before he was injured. They are looking for a QB to be able to throw. 

48 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, the titles may have a little something to do with that worship. As the article says, during the Brady era a lot of players were willing to take less to go there. 

Have to admit I like the current situation better.

And getting rid of Hopkins could well have been one of the straws that broke the camel's back on that.

As reported...he was at a "2" after Hopkins got traded, remember he 1. still played and also signed his contract AFTER Hopkins was traded. 

what set him over the edge and what pushed him to a "10" was ownership hiring a GM without counseling him which they promised they were going to  involve him after he signed his extension. So sorry for the ones who want to act like he doesn't want anything to do with anything coming out of NE. He really feels betrayed by ownership because they didn't let him in on their next moves.

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Of course if Jimmy G shakes lose in SF there will be teams "kicking the tires" but none of that doesn't mean Patriots still wouldn't be able to get him. Plus Jimmy G would be open to coming back to New England because he feels he owes BB for getting him his big contract (heard that on sports radio). And you're acting like the patriots aren't gonna be able to utilize their cap space and also draft to retool?? Like all other teams are going to be able to, but not the pats?? Plus the threat of Cam Newton running is not what the pats are looking for. That's what their RBs are for. Damien Harris was pretty good for them before he was injured. They are looking for a QB to be able to throw. 

There aren't many good QBs and skill position players who will be available in FA and those that are will be looking to maximize their contracts despite what they might say.  Trying to get one will be tough enough.  Getting both...

1 minute ago, Doc said:

There aren't many good QBs and skill position players who will be available in FA and those that are will be looking to maximize their contracts despite what they might say.  Trying to get one will be tough enough.  Getting both...

And I told you one of the pats options is going to be.....Jimmy G. they are playing close attention to the situation in SF. Jimmy G would be interested in returning if he shakes loose. What "both" ? 

pats have cap space over 50 mill, you keep talking like the pats are "dead in the water" not a lot of options and moves. But you can not be further from the truth. You do not have to believe me, but come check back with me at the beginning of the season. 

4 hours ago, stuvian said:

prediction: we will not see another Patriot coordinator get a head coaching gig in our lifetime

The sheer arrogance of Josh McDaniels taking himself out of head coaching job considerations as if he thought these opportunities would always be there waiting for him.

Not such a hot commodity now, huh?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, QCity said:

The sheer arrogance of Josh McDaniels taking himself out of head coaching job considerations as if he thought these opportunities would always be there waiting for him.

Not such a hot commodity now, huh?

Ps.  I dont think his agent was approached for anything but Philly.  When your not in consideration its better nationally to take your name out if...