Stafford is officially my new favorite non-Bill (refused trade to Pats)

Virgil

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Reid went to a Super Bowl with McNabb, went to the playoffs almost every year with different QBs on 2 different teams in 2 conferences, and has a very successful coaching tree including McDermott. To me that means his system and techniques are successful and adaptable. 

Belichick has made the playoffs once as a HC without Tom Brady as his QB, back when he was with the Browns. As a head coach, he was and now is totally mediocre to bad in terms of W/L without Tom Brady. 

Belichick also has no coaching tree to speak of, other than Saban who owns college football. He won 2 Super Bowls as an assistant on Parcells staff. Reid won a Super Bowl as an assistant on Holmgren's staff.

Obviously Belichick is a great coach, but when all is said and done this is going to be a debate. Reid will very likely come close to or even pass him in career wins. If Reid racks up a few rings along the way things are going to be very interesting. Don't forget Reid is 6 years younger, and the Chiefs are red hot and rolling, whereas NE is a mess. 

Reid likely won't get 6 rings, but he has a good chance of passing Belichick on the career wins list and he will have won more than half of those games with McNabb and Alex Smith as his QBs. The vast majority of Belichick's wins will be with Brady at QB. 

It's going to get interesting. People has this idea that there was some secret magic to Belichick, that he was smarter than every other coach. Turns out Tom Brady had quite a bit to do with it. 

Went to a SB and lost with McNabb. Check Andy Reid's playoff record before Mahomes. Again right back to the Schottenheimer comparison... great winning percentage but not all that great in big games. BB coaching tree doesn't lessen his achievements or his status so what does that have to do with anything? If his assistants were stupid enough to try to act like him and think it would work, that is on them not him.  Bill Parcelll didnt go or win another SB after BB left, so.? But BB coaching tree does have Bill  O'Brien, who as a head coach with the Texans had a decent record and do we keep forgetting Brian Flores with the Dolphins now?

I am not taken a shot a Andy Reid but it makes no sense to start taking golf swings at BB and his coaching after one season into his rebulding...and why does he need to be penalized for have Brady for 20 years? Fans don't penalize Don Schula or Bill Walsh for having Dan Marino and Joe Montana, Tony Dungy for having Peyton Manning. BB has a SB game plan inducted into the HOF. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

People are reading too much into this.

I think Stafford simply feels like the Patriots have too much rebuilding to do and he only has so many good years left in the league, so the Patriots didn't make the most sense for him.

No one was looking to avoid NE when Brady was still there.

Belichick now has a personality of an insufferable azs, in this day and age no one with talent and a brain wants to be in that environment with no chance to win the division much less the championship. 

17 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea you might wanna do some more research on the Watson situation. Had nothing to do with the Hopkins trade or O'Brien. He has had it with ownership.

Whatever ya gotta tell yourself... do keep those blinders on though...

29 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Because of his injury he can want whatever he likes, but again. He was inquired. he is not going to be that expensive to obtain and the Pats have the cap space. What are you not getting. They have the money, plus he is damage good according to you so why would the pats or any team want him? also I never said no other teams wouldn't look into him, but again doesn't mean the Pats can not get him...it was already mentioned and i heard this on the radio-if he does shake loose, BB knows if he truly wants Jimmy G he can obtain him and Jimmy G would come back here because he feels he owes BB for getting him his big contract. That doesn't mean that will absolutely be the turn out, but there is a good chance he could go back to NE if both sides are that interested. 

and your mistake is you are thinking like fan; BB is not going after any "Allen Robinson" or "D. Watson" type of players. He clearly knows their asking price and draft capital is too high. Anything they could get on the free agency market and in the draft is better than what they have.

Even if they were to get Jimmy G, and he's no great shakes even when he manages to stay healthy, they'll need far more than the non-Allen Robinson types to surround him with.  But again, he's not a draw for top players.  That's my point.

7 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I do not have to tell myself anything. I just listen to what is being said around league and put two and two together. You should try it. 

😂

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Even if they were to get Jimmy G, and he's no great shakes even when he manages to stay healthy, they'll need far more than the non-Allen Robinson types to surround him with.  [b]But again, he's not a draw for top players.  That's my point.[/b]

You realize they do not have to go out and get the best of the best at the skill position right. That is actual one way you can tell if a coach is actually good. Because he gets the best out of his players. If you wanna take the hate off for a second and just look at it...Isn't that what he does quite a bit..get the best out of his players? See this past season...with that roster they had no business winning that many games. If they were to upgraded they couldn't do better...i mean it's only a naturally look at things. And of course it can go left as well I am not saying it's all gonna work out, but i expect it to be better than it was this past season.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Heard a breakdown on tv of how McVay& GM orchestrated this trade from a resort in Cabo San Lucas last weekend.  

Apparently, McVay and Bills WR coach Chad Hall are great friends from their high school football days when they were both QB's on rival teams in the same town.  Matt Stafford's wife is the former Kelly Hall,  Chad's sister.  So McVay has some round about relationship with the Stafford's and the trade worked out.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

You realize they do not have to go out and get the best of the best at the skill position right. That is actual one way you can tell if a coach is actually good. Because he gets the best out of his players. If you wanna take the hate off for a second and just look at it...Isn't that what he does quite a bit..get the best out of his players? See this past season...with that roster they had no business winning that many games. If they were to upgraded they couldn't do better...i mean it's only a naturally look at things. And of course it can go left as well I am not saying it's all gonna work out, but i expect it to be better than it was this past season.  

LOL!  What makes you believe that? 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2021 at 4:12 PM, John from Riverside said:

How is it dumb on his part

He went to a team lots of weapons......with a great HC......in a extremely friendly QB scheme...in warm weather

but yeah def was good for us

Just saying that the Pats are known for winning, a lot, so it would have been good for him. The patriot way must be really tough on todays prima dona players.