Stafford is officially my new favorite non-Bill (refused trade to Pats)

Virgil

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Do we think this is because he doesn’t like the Pats roster, and doesn’t trust them to bring in talent ? or doesn’t he want to deal with Belichick  ? 

I think it can be all of the above.....

......AND the one below!

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

giphy.gif

I hope poor Stafford gets a chance to thrive. To be stuck on a team where HOF type players retire rather than continue must be soul crushing. I feel for Lions fans more than any other franchise. The Browns look like Happyville compared to Detroit. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think Stafford in that McVey offense is going to have a rebirth of sorts. He has some excellent weapons at his disposal, possibly his best ever from top to bottom. 

About him spurning the Pats? Couldn't happen to a better organization. :lol:

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Well, we can be happy now--I guess--but when/if Deshaun Watson ends up there we may all regret that.

I'd think Watson is smart enough to avoid that. The skill positions suck and for a guy that has openly disliked his coaching, understandably so, would make sure to go to a place he can he happy. Even when they were winning I dont think anyone was happy, just something you put up with for the rings.

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/turns-out-matthew-stafford-coming-foxboro-was-never-going-happen

If this gets merged with the trade thread, so be it. 

However, this is the greatest news out of the NFL I’ve heard since our game.  

Stafford will be drafted in my FFL going forward.  

To the king 🍺 

i agree. But this article is pure trash. They are trying to spin it mostly about the weapons in New England, etc. 

The likely reality— he just experienced  several years of the insufferable Bellichick Jr.  He isn’t going to New England for the real thing. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Well, we can be happy now--I guess--but when/if Deshaun Watson ends up there we may all regret that.

I'll bet anyone any amount of money Watson doesn't play for the Cheaters.

• Like (+1) 2

This was the ONE team, apparently.

People can say it's Patricia, and that might be right - but this isn't a good look for those lovable Patriots.

The "no fun" thing was okay when they were winning, and you could count on at least a chance for a ring every other year when you went there.  That's out.  And you've got guys like Brady & Gronk putting out subtle messaging about how liberated they feel & how they're having more fun.

Why would any good QB want to go to a no-fun place, that has one of the worst WR corps in the league, and in a division with 2 teams that are likely to be much more competitive for years into the future?

Gotta love it. If we weren't sure the dynasty was over - now we are.

• Like (+1) 1

People are reading too much into this.

I think Stafford simply feels like the Patriots have too much rebuilding to do and he only has so many good years left in the league, so the Patriots didn't make the most sense for him.

No one was looking to avoid NE when Brady was still there.

Do you think that the NE was going to give up 2 first round picks and a 3 rd for 33 year old QB with a large salary! Plus only the media said that NE was interested 

They are not that dumb. Also the RAMs better make sure Stafford does not gets hurt. Plus now the RAMs are only 34 million over the cap. To me it is good trade for both teams, if the RAMs get to a couple of SB, if not the Lions won big!

Edited by dogbyte
Spelling

By the way, I'd HIGHLY recommend going to any of the Pats boards, and looking at their threads regarding the QB position.

It's pretty joyful. They sound like we did all through the drought - though w/ a much more irrational optimism.  There are sentiments like, "All we have to do is draft a great QB this year, and we're right back in the mix."

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Oh no..what would the Patriots do without Matt Stafford! Not without so many other possibilities out there! (sarcasm)

What possibilities?

Realistic ones, that is.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

What possibilities?

BB is eyeing what's going on in S.F.

Also

The draft is coming..among other Free agent QBs.

This team won 7 with a QB who could barely throw pass the line of scrimmage. What do you think they could be capable of with a different actual QB. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1