Backup QB... The most under-the-radar, enticing offseason storyline.

whatdrought

I continue to say this. 

Fans underestimate the dichotomy and relationship aspect of starter and backup. 

Saw a tweet the other day that Barkley does everything in his power to make sure Josh is prepared. 

Barkley isn't going anywhere 

Edited by DJB

On 2/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Might want to tell the saints that who have gone like 7-0 in games Drew Brees missed the past 2 years.

obviously, it’s a huge downgrade if your backup plays. But Barkley is one of the worst qbs in the nfl (super nice guy).  You can do so much better.

Backup QB is important.  Anyone here remember Super Bowl 25??  Or the Greatest Comeback game.  ?  

I’m not sure if Barkley is it or not, but the backup needs to be able to step-in with some competency in the offense.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/1/2021 at 12:43 PM, Mark80 said:

No, the back-up QB is not the most under-the-radar or enticing off-season story line.  I could not care less who are backup QB is.  If Josh goes down we are screwed, end of story.  Do not waste valuable salary cap money on an expensive backup QB, especially when the Cap is projected to go down.

Agree if Allen goes down for the season then we are screwed, but what if its for 4, 5 or 6 games?  They need someone who could keep them afloat until he returned.  Dont break the bank, but a backup is important if something like that ever happened.  An upgrade is needed