Imagine what the package would be for Josh?

On 1/31/2021 at 11:40 AM, wppete said:

5 first round pick minimum for Josh. 

and even then barring the wheels completely falling off, what would anyone do with 5 picks 25-32 lol i realize youre just playing the game here, and I am too... but to me, i just dont even see that moving the needle for me, AND THAT FEELS HELLA GOOD!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/31/2021 at 8:07 AM, CincyBillsFan said:

Let's face it folks threads like this one and the multi page threads on Watson & Stafford only confirm that Bills fans have a bad case of off season speculative syndrome.

For the last 25 years we have approached every off season like a gambleholic approaches a poker game.  We have months to scheme preseason moves that will finally land the Bills a franchise QB and a playoff birth.

But damn, this years Bills have spoiled that fun and now we have to exist in a world where we have a franchise QB and the Super Bowl is a legitimate goal.  Where's the fun in that?  I'm envious of Detroit fans who now can imagine all the pro-bowlers those 1st round picks will garner.  Or how Goff will return to his super bowl year.

And imagine how much fun the Rams fans are having as they speculate on how their almost elite new QB, who never won much in Detroit, will lead their elite defense (the one Allen and the Bills torched but I digress) to the Super Bowl.

And I can only guess at the ecstasy surging through Miami & Jets fans in anticipation of landing the Watson.  Who cares if they have to give up their first born child to get him.  Think of all the awesome scenarios for any team that lands a top 5 QB like Watson. The outcome is guaranteed just like when the Bills landed Bledsoe!

Post of the morning!! 👊Hands down... albeit post of past Sunday morning, I know... but cincy-fan explains perfectly the board / forum´s dynamics of this offseason compared to the previous 25, including the one after Josh´s meltdown versus HOU in WC game...

Edited by BuffaLoko
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/2/2021 at 7:13 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

Again, why would he do that? 

He is going to finish in the top 3 of MVP voting, has won two playoff games and a pro bowl appearance all in his third year. He is going to be very well paid 

because he may not get the deal in the year he wants due to the covid affected shrinking salary cap. So you take out insurance to protect some of his future earnings. His accountants/agents will be on this don't worry.

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

because he may not get the deal in the year he wants due to the covid affected shrinking salary cap. So you take out insurance to protect some of his future earnings. His accountants/agents will be on this don't worry.

Any deal is likely to be CAP neutral in 2021 & 2022 so covid should not be a factor here.

If the Bills don't sign him this off season you will begin to see a rot spread through the organization.  Allen will wonder if he really is the guy here.  Soon we'll start to resemble the Dallas Cowboys QB saga where franchise tagging Allen every year is our only option.  Now that's how you blow up the CAP.

But not to worry.  Bean will get it done and Allen will agree to a very CAP friendly deal.  Nothing we've seen or heard on this topic from any of the key players would lead anyone to believe differently.

• Like (+1) 1