Stafford to Rams!!

BillsMafi$

WOW. 

We should all be very happy he's not going to the colts. They have a **** ton of cap space and a lot of talent already. Stafford + Golladay or Robinson in FA and they probably leap us as the second best team in the AFC. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ruin them how? It would only cripple them if Watson isn't top 5 good. 

The Dolphins have more holes to fill then their 10 - 6 record indicates.  Unless the Fish expect to get gifted a slew of turnovers in key games next season they need to upgrade the talent level significantly just to get back to 10 - 6.

Signing Watson upsets the Dolphins salary cap limiting the number of high impact free agents they can sign.  And giving up those premium picks robs them of trade bait on draft day and the chance to accumulate even more picks and stocking their team with young, low cost talent.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

WOW. 

We should all be very happy he's not going to the colts. They have a **** ton of cap space and a lot of talent already. Stafford + Golladay or Robinson in FA and they probably leap us as the second best team in the AFC. 

The D would still be the biggest factor in what separates us from other AFC rivals because imo Allen/Diggs > Stafford/Golladay seven days a week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think it's an interesting microscope on the question of how much a QB's surroundings matter... Stafford has (with the exception of a couple good receivers) by and large been in a terrible situation his entire career and has still managed to be a borderline top 10 QB... Goff has been in a great situation and has played poorly for the majority of it - especially since the SB. 

I think we'll see what really matters, but I agree... The price is ridiculous. It's hard to imagine that being the market rate, which really makes me think McVey was just completely done with Goff and willing to pay to be rid of him - this is a tidy way to handle it.

Glad stafford isn't coming to the AFC. 

It's a lot of risk for the Rams because with Seattle and SF, you could still be a 3rd place type operation in the NFC West. It looks like either a misguided attempt at going for it in a short window or a splash trade more than something well thought out or a significant increase in talent. Statistically over the past 5 years I'm not even sure that Stafford and Goff are even that far apart aside from volume, but Stafford has never played in a big enough game to be put under that microscope like Goff.

The situation around Goff in LA has been declining quite a bit since 2018 and that team and coach have been living on the perception of the 2018 team for the past couple seasons. Goff hasn't really gotten better or worse than he was, but the rushing offense from 2018 is way down and the Rams don't have receivers that scare anyone vertically. You can trace the decline in their offense to losing Gurley, their line aging a little and the lack of resources they've put into their skill position players.

The short version of what's happening here is that it's like Chip Kelly: the Rams put their offensive eggs in the basket that McVay could make a lot out of less talent at WR and RB, and it hasn't proven as true as everyone thinks. They're scapegoating Goff here because they've put so many resources into the defensive side of the ball that there's nothing left for the offense.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

WOW. 

Tell me about it. I really thought he would slide right in behind Rivers. Now everyone waits to see where Watson goes.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

If anything this should push the 49ers to really push for Watson.  

They have the worst QB situation in that division.  

I agree. I think they make a ton of sense and seeing a division with

Wilson

Watson

Stafford

Murray

would be amazing... 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

Not when you’re dumping Goffs salary.  That alone should be worth 2 1sts.  

I don’t know. I don’t think he’s a terrible as some make him out to be. If he was on the trade block someone would probably bite even at that salary 

Detroit arbitraged their own suckitude - they convinced the Rams that they were holding Stafford back from being elite.  Hilarious.

But the price was cheaper than I thought - basically one 1st for Stafford, 1 more for taking Goff’s contract.  This might actually push DOWN the price on Watson.

• Agree 2