Allen, Shnowman, and Mongo fined for scuffle with Chiefs.

whatdrought

2 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Fair point - the 'penalty' wasn't given, so it's as you say.

However, perhaps it should be, as it was an illegal contact (helmet to helmet) that caused the play to need to be reviewed.

I wish they would adopt the NCAA rule for targeting ..... eject and fine the player plus another one game suspension for first offence then 2 then 4 then maybe a year.

It would show they are serious about head and neck injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2021 at 5:21 AM, Buddo said:

All 3 deserved to be fined.

$15000 for tossing the football at an opposing player?

Do me a favor, that's ludicrous.

As ever, the lack of consistency from the NFL, is a major source of the problem.

The worst foul that has gone unpunished, both in the game, and after, is the helmet to helmet in the Divisional game. Not only that, but it rewarded the guy who did it, as it prevented a TD. Why that wasn't picked up by TV review, I'll never know.

The Jones punch was shown on the TV. If we can see TV pictures of it, then they have got them also for review. I have no idea if Mongo did punch Jones in the body first - nobody has shown any conclusive evidence of that - but even if he did, and the Zebras saw it, they both should have been ejected. Jones should have been gone from the TV pictures alone.

I am not aware that Jones has been even fined. That is sort of less surprising, as it would mean the NFL would have to acknowledge that a mistake was made on the field, and what should then happen, as Jones should have been ejected. They aren't going to want to suspend Jones from the SB, that's for sure. All they could do would be to hit him with a big fine. Better to sweep that one under the carpet.

Imho, the NFL doesn't do enough as regards suspending guys in season, for foul play. You get straight up ejected for something (not the accumulation of personal fouls), then you should be sitting (suspended) the next game. That wouldn't have to happen very often for players to get the message.

Feliciano clearly punched him first.

Edited by Billl

1 hour ago, Billl said:
Feliciano clearly punched him first.

I like this camera angle. It shows the ref staring directly at the incident, and ignoring the call which would've ejected Jones from the match (and possibly Feliciano).

I love Jones reaction. You can tell his immediate thought was "Oh god I can't believe I just punched that guy in the head, I'm going to get ejected from the AFC Championship Game" Then he slowly looks at the ref to see if he calls it or not. 

It pays to be a star player I guess. The ref ignored it when it happened, and the league continues to ignore it now. I couldn't believe how little coverage this got during the game and the halftime show. The Chiefs best defensive player should've been ejected in the 1st half, and the halftime show didn't even mention it.  

31 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I like this camera angle. It shows the ref staring directly at the incident, and ignoring the call which would've ejected Jones from the match (and possibly Feliciano).

I love Jones reaction. You can tell his immediate thought was "Oh god I can't believe I just punched that guy in the head, I'm going to get ejected from the AFC Championship Game" Then he slowly looks at the ref to see if he calls it or not. 

It pays to be a star player I guess. The ref ignored it when it happened, and the league continues to ignore it now. I couldn't believe how little coverage this got during the game and the halftime show. The Chiefs best defensive player should've been ejected in the 1st half, and the halftime show didn't even mention it.  

It's BS.  And Feliciano wouldn't have been tossed.

• Like (+1) 1