Allen, Shnowman, and Mongo fined for scuffle with Chiefs.

whatdrought

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

anyone watch the all-22 and see what Mongo did to Chris Jones before he got dropped?  The only view I’ve seen doesn’t show what he did.  Looks like he may have given him a kidney shot.....but there’s no way to see for sure.

all the chiefs fans are claiming that he Mongo hit him first.  The all-22 probably shows it

Yeah, that's what chiefs fans are saying, but there's been absolutely no video proof that i've seen. 

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I don't condone this stuff and yes it was petulant but I have not problem saying the slow mo replay of Josh tossing the ball at the guy's head did make me laugh out loud. It was the only thing that lightened the mood

He did it after an earlier sack as well.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Allen paid the fines for his OL. He was really disappointed in himself after the game for losing his composure. I could see him feeling responsible for their fines coming to his defense. 

Was just going to post this.  I have no doubt Allen paid it all

• Agree 1

All 3 deserved to be fined.

$15000 for tossing the football at an opposing player?

Do me a favor, that's ludicrous.

As ever, the lack of consistency from the NFL, is a major source of the problem.

The worst foul that has gone unpunished, both in the game, and after, is the helmet to helmet in the Divisional game. Not only that, but it rewarded the guy who did it, as it prevented a TD. Why that wasn't picked up by TV review, I'll never know.

The Jones punch was shown on the TV. If we can see TV pictures of it, then they have got them also for review. I have no idea if Mongo did punch Jones in the body first - nobody has shown any conclusive evidence of that - but even if he did, and the Zebras saw it, they both should have been ejected. Jones should have been gone from the TV pictures alone.

I am not aware that Jones has been even fined. That is sort of less surprising, as it would mean the NFL would have to acknowledge that a mistake was made on the field, and what should then happen, as Jones should have been ejected. They aren't going to want to suspend Jones from the SB, that's for sure. All they could do would be to hit him with a big fine. Better to sweep that one under the carpet.

Imho, the NFL doesn't do enough as regards suspending guys in season, for foul play. You get straight up ejected for something (not the accumulation of personal fouls), then you should be sitting (suspended) the next game. That wouldn't have to happen very often for players to get the message.

15 hours ago, Success said:

I went into that game w/ a very healthy respect for the Chiefs, and even liked them to an extent, especially Reid & Mahomes. I was pulling for them the past couple of years.

That's out.  They're right up there w/ the Patriots for me now.

I think a lot of fans feel the same.  I’m cheering for Tom Brady to win, yet again, another Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2

15 hours ago, Success said:

I went into that game w/ a very healthy respect for the Chiefs, and even liked them to an extent, especially Reid & Mahomes. I was pulling for them the past couple of years.

That's out.  They're right up there w/ the Patriots for me now.

Enh. These games get feisty on the line. Not a big deal. It was an intense game. 

• Eyeroll 2

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Allen paid the fines for his OL. He was really disappointed in himself after the game for losing his composure. I could see him feeling responsible for their fines coming to his defense. 

KC is dirty 

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Protest fines an option?

they should appeal the fines.  they appear arbitrary and capricious given that like (or more egregious) conduct was not also fines. 

I guess that coming from a hockey culture I was fine with all the extra actions. In fact, I wanted more ha ha. I salute Dawkins for NOT kicking the dude in the head. You could tell he thought about it and restrained himself.

That blatant spear by the KC player against the Browns, is it a foul or not? Serious question. I know it should be, but what is the current rule? The Browns player was obviously a runner and not a defenseless receiver.  It's the play that caused the fumble/touchback too, right?  A penalty there would have seriously impacted that game!

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I think a lot of fans feel the same.  I’m cheering for Tom Brady to win, yet again, another Super Bowl

That was my immediate take and I still feel that way a week later. I was roasted for saying that last week but the Chiefs need to be knocked down a rung. 

10 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I guess that coming from a hockey culture I was fine with all the extra actions. In fact, I wanted more ha ha. I salute Dawkins for NOT kicking the dude in the head. You could tell he thought about it and restrained himself.

That blatant spear by the KC player against the Browns, is it a foul or not? Serious question. I know it should be, but what is the current rule? The Browns player was obviously a runner and not a defenseless receiver.  It's the play that caused the fumble/touchback too, right?  A penalty there would have seriously impacted that game!

My dislike of Sorenson and Matheu and their dirty tactics are fueling my dislike of the Chiefs in part!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Lenigmusx said:

That was my immediate take and I still feel that way a week later. I was roasted for saying that last week but the Chiefs need to be knocked down a rung. 

My dislike of Sorenson and Matheu and their dirty tactics are fueling my dislike of the Chiefs in part!

I would love to see Chiefs knocked down a peg 

19 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

uh what about the KC guy punching the Bills lineman in early in the game. Romo called it out on TV. 

It did not fit the Chiefs are supposed to win script....imagine if he got ejected at that point...their pass rush is dead.

What about all the grabbing in the secondary of the Chiefs then a crappy PI on Tre puts them in scoring position.

Its over we lost its time to let it go.

7 hours ago, Buddo said:

All 3 deserved to be fined.

$15000 for tossing the football at an opposing player?

Do me a favor, that's ludicrous.

As ever, the lack of consistency from the NFL, is a major source of the problem.

The worst foul that has gone unpunished, both in the game, and after, is the helmet to helmet in the Divisional game. Not only that, but it rewarded the guy who did it, as it prevented a TD. Why that wasn't picked up by TV review, I'll never know.

The Jones punch was shown on the TV. If we can see TV pictures of it, then they have got them also for review. I have no idea if Mongo did punch Jones in the body first - nobody has shown any conclusive evidence of that - but even if he did, and the Zebras saw it, they both should have been ejected. Jones should have been gone from the TV pictures alone.

I am not aware that Jones has been even fined. That is sort of less surprising, as it would mean the NFL would have to acknowledge that a mistake was made on the field, and what should then happen, as Jones should have been ejected. They aren't going to want to suspend Jones from the SB, that's for sure. All they could do would be to hit him with a big fine. Better to sweep that one under the carpet.

Imho, the NFL doesn't do enough as regards suspending guys in season, for foul play. You get straight up ejected for something (not the accumulation of personal fouls), then you should be sitting (suspended) the next game. That wouldn't have to happen very often for players to get the message.

The penalty is not reviewable........ only the ball being fumbled.

Sorensen should have been fined and suspended....but then it does not fit the script.

They do not beat the Bills with him suspended and Jones kicked out of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Again. why have a rule book if the rules will not be enforced, or will be unevenly enforced?

Punch in the head: no call, boys will be boys.

Holding/illegal contact throughout both conference championship games: generally uncalled (blatant hold goes uncalled on a Rodgers INT), but called on a crucial 3rd down in favor of TB.  Perhaps the Bills should go straight man-to-man and hold the sh&t out of opposing receivers?

27 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The penalty is not reviewable........ only the ball being fumbled.

Sorensen should have been fined and suspended....but then it does not fit the script.

They do not beat the Bills with him suspended and Jones kicked out of the game.

Fair point - the 'penalty' wasn't given, so it's as you say.

However, perhaps it should be, as it was an illegal contact (helmet to helmet) that caused the play to need to be reviewed.

• Like (+1) 1