Beane says no "blockbuster" moves. Do you believe him?

Draconator

Beane says expect no "blockbuster" moves this off season. Do you believe him?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Will Beane stay the course or make a big move?

• He will pull off a player/early round trade.
    • He will make a draft day move to move up significantly in draft position.
    • He'll stay the course, only making mid to late round draft moves and sign mid level Free Agents to plug holes.

He said not to expect any blockbuster moves. Undoubtedly, however, if the right deal falls into his lap, he'll jump on it.

Beane will never tell the press what he's really planning. I'll bet he's a damn good poker player.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 12

It all depends on the options presented.  Considering how close the team has come to the Super Bowl this season, I wouldn’t entirely rule out a big move.

I also know that the Bills probably won’t have the flexibility cape wise to make big these big moves.  

I would guess that like last year, we’ll see a few mid-tier FA signings - just less in frequency.  I’m not anticipating a trade up but can see the Bills moving back a few picks in round 1 for an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick 

But I also would’ve be shocked to see the Bills use pick 30 for a home run hitting offensive weapon like a Travis Etienne is he’s available...who knows?

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 2

I don’t think there will be any blockbusters or headline moves. 
I’d like to try and get Khalil Mack or something for our first rounder but not sure how many teams are going to fire sale their rosters. 
We have to stop stressing the cap so much there’s a million ways to manipulate the money if we need to free any up for a big player. 
It will be an extremely important draft for us though simply because we will need at least 3 players who can contribute from this class. 
You can never take anything a GM or coach says at 100% truth. 

I think he might try to make a Diggs-like move to improve the DL with an impact player that can step in now.  Most all teams will have cap issues so trades might be possible.  

I think he wants near term help at OG and CB from this draft.  

He has to sign Allen and figure out Milano and Williams.  If he thinks he can pull some immediate help from the draft he just might trade down.  

• Like (+1) 2

Me thinks he will stay the course for the most part, except he will go for one above average player at some position or another, of course I am T O M A on this because it’s just a wag... 

Go Bills!!!

Both Etienne & Harris will be gone by 30. There are no compelling pass rushers there so I think Brandon trades back into the 2nd for additional picks. Our running game desperately needs an overhaul. Consider Demetric Felton as 3 players in 1. You could easily get him mid to late 2nd. 

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both Etienne & Harris will be gone by 30. There are no compelling pass rushers there so I think Brandon trades back into the 2nd for additional picks. Our running game desperately needs an overhaul. Consider Demetric Felton as 3 players in 1. You could easily get him mid to late 2nd. 

I’m not so sure that both of Harris or Ettienne will be gone at 30. But I do agree that I don’t want the leftover edge rushers. The studs will be gone by then and it’s running back territory. Or it’s prime territory for a qb needy team to trade back into three first to get their qb and have the fifth year option. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I’m not so sure that both of Harris or Ettienne will be gone at 30. But I do agree that I don’t want the leftover edge rushers. The studs will be gone by then and it’s running back territory. Or it’s prime territory for a qb needy team to trade back into three first to get their qb and have the fifth year option. 

I’d be surprised if one of them was there at 30.

buffalo isn’t making a Diggs trade ( hello cap). Ther coukd be traded post draft in May/ June where a player fir player trade occurs Or it waits till august.

pick trades either up or down could occur. They could trade players for picks.

forthise wanting to hang Singletary, if buffalo was to pick a back they could just trade him for a 5th.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think he said something similar last year. He will Be actively pursuing some guys, if I had to guess.  Something to bolster the front

7 on defense. 

in terms of draft-day type moves, I could see them trading Dawson Knox for like a 4th round pick. 

DE, NT, CB, LB - area of need in that order.