Cut Singletary

balln

8 hours ago, balln said:

Saves us 1.1 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/devin-singletary-29110/

Draft this guy. Felton. Converted slot WR > now a RB. Let McKenzie and Roberts walk. This guy is a RB/slot WR/ kick returner all in one.

Gotta be ruthless

Cut no one, gotta be smart

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

First thing is bring in a better back- do not cut a cheap player until we have the improvement on roster 

We get zero cap relief by cutting him. I agree keep him around long enough to replace. He was so promising after his rookie year. Now he feels like RB3.

There is no reason to cut him until they need the cap space; first get replacement on roster and then check out replacement's camp, etc before cutting.

It is also possible he has trade value by another team who feels that his performance can be approved by coaching.

Reactionary, tar and feather campaign, does nothing useful.

• Like (+1) 3

Singletary provides zero juice on an offense  that doesn’t run the ball much and needs the backs to be legitimate receivers out of the backfield.  

It’s not just the drop against KC.  It’s it his bungling a similar throw in a similar situation against KC earlier in the season.  It’s his utter lack of explosiveness.   It’s the fact I’ve watched him barely get the first down off the edge when no one was near him.  

Trade him for a late round pick.   Somebody will be intrigued by his in-a-phone-booth shiftiness and rookie production.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Singletary provides zero juice on an offense  that doesn’t run the ball much and needs the backs to be legitimate receivers out of the backfield.  

It’s not just the drop against KC.  It’s it his bungling a similar throw in a similar situation against KC earlier in the season.  It’s his utter lack of explosiveness.   It’s the fact I’ve watched him barely get the first down off the edge when no one was near him.  

Trade him for a late round pick.   Somebody will be intrigued by his in-a-phone-booth shiftiness and rookie production.  

I'll take first downs, barely or not.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

First thing is bring in a better back- do not cut a cheap player until we have the improvement on roster 

Also, do NOT cut a player you can trade for a draft pick. He does NOT SUCK. He has value, here or elsewhere. I’m pretty sure he’ll be back, and almost positive he will NOT be cut. 

12 hours ago, balln said:

Saves us 1.1 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/devin-singletary-29110/

Draft this guy. Felton. Converted slot WR > now a RB. Let McKenzie and Roberts walk. This guy is a RB/slot WR/ kick returner all in one.

Gotta be ruthless

Not over McKenzie!  McKenzie should take over Roberts spot for returns and is a good weapon when used.

I like Moss as much as the next Bills fan and have high hopes for him but he's not a sure thing right now, unfortunately. From what I'm reading, a lot of the cut Singletary opinion seems to assume that Moss will work out. We really don't really know that yet. He showed some flashes, had a terrible fumble, and never really took a game over. I'm not even sure if he conclusively looked better than Singletary, they stayed kind of neck and neck all year.

I hope they add at least one more back this offseason and if Devin ends up the odd man out, so be it, but he very well could be the best back on this roster right now.

Edited by Nelius

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oline schemes and play calling are questionable.  
Why not add Moss to this thread too. 
He didn’t do crap either. 

$1 mil?  The Vet minimum is $800k. 

Like seriously dude. Make it worthy of a thread. 

Shady, have you noticed the threads from posters under 1000.  They are inane.

LOL ...."saves 1.1 million".

The cap for 53 players will be like 175 million this year. Which means the AVERAGE cap hit per player in the NFL is over $3 million TJ Yeldon made over 2 million last year for god's sake.

Not only would outright cutting him be mind-numbingly stupid....you'd have to pay MORE to replace him.

What a dumb thread.

14 hours ago, whorlnut said:

You had me at “cut Singletary”. I have seen enough. I really feel that the game was over once he dropped that pass. The way to beat the chiefs is to keep scoring and put pressure on them. Once the chiefs got the ball, they took the lead and it was all but over. 

Nothing personal, I didn’t like the drop either and in fact this was the second game he dropped a wide open screen pass. He had a sure td in Tenn he dropped as well.  However, how bout we wait to see if Moss recovers, what happens to Yeldon, the draft, free agency and perhaps other injuries. People are calling for cuts all over and we don’t know how the draft plays out etc.  may very well happen but until we have valid replacements, and a plan , all this CUT talk seems fruitless at best.  

Not picking on you , many threads like this after one bad AFC Championship loss.  With covid tho change msy happen slowly or we may lose people we don’t want to. Just saying let’s sit back, maybe let the season finish and go thru an off seaso perhaps with a retraining camp. I doubt anyone believed we would be in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game at beginning of tgeseason, so I doubt many oif us are qualified to already fill next years roster. . If you want to read a lot if funny projections, go to epenesa s  fan Val’s after he was picked. So many were saying what a great pick it was, he was going to be such a stud rushing and causing TFL S!   Even knowing we needed to score more, Beane still chose DL over dobbins! So, my point is who knows, all this cut talk make look as foolish as last years epenesa praise!  When something happens like rams/ lions, then all the talk will be at least fact based! 😊😉