Cut Singletary

balln

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So we lose money if we cut him. So what I would do is promote Moss as my #1 RB. Give him 60% of the touches and hope he doesn't regress like Devin. I'd love to see Yeldon get more opportunities. I just don't understand why a productive player like TJ gets buried on the roster? Kick the tires on Williams and bury Devin as RB4 insurance, like they did Yeldon.

It was because his game day slot was eaten up by needing Taiwan Jones as a ST'er.  Replace Jones with another player that can also

be depth for another position.  Bills need 3 dressed RBs of different styles to match against the particular D scheme for each game.

IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

IMO, you can flat out count on Singletary and Brown being gone next year, and replaced with improvements at cheaper Ks.

It's almost impossible to cut Singletary and get more production out of a cheaper player. People above have already noted that you don't get real cap savings from cutting Singletary due to how the cap works. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So we lose money if we cut him. So what I would do is promote Moss as my #1 RB. Give him 60% of the touches and hope he doesn't regress like Devin. I'd love to see Yeldon get more opportunities. I just don't understand why a productive player like TJ gets buried on the roster? Kick the tires on Williams and bury Devin as RB4 insurance, like they did Yeldon.

I don’t see how we would be losing money if motor is our 4th string rb.  We can sign a UDFA to be our 4th.  He’d be cheaper than motor.

Yeldon is a FA.  I doubt he would want to return. 

if we don’t add a RB that runs a sub 4.5 40, I’ll be confused.  We need some explosiveness

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, balln said:

Saves us 1.1 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/devin-singletary-29110/

Draft this guy. Felton. Converted slot WR > now a RB. Let McKenzie and Roberts walk. This guy is a RB/slot WR/ kick returner all in one.

Gotta be ruthless

I lime this topic.  And thanks for the draft info and highlight video.  

I’m all for Bold moves, but McKenzie will replace Roberts.  Singletary is a decent RB 3, (after draft pick and Moss), but he may face competition from Williams.  I wouldn’t cut him, however.  

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

This is something that could very well come back to bite us in the as*.  If he gets cut, there's no way he dosn't get offers from other teams.  He's a good runner, and receiver, just needs to have a line that can create some running lanes for him.

🤣🤣🤣 he’d be lucky to be a backup on another team imo...dude is practice squad fodder with no above average qualities...

Just now, RyanC883 said:

I lime this topic.  And thanks for the draft info and highlight video.  

I’m all for Bold moves, but McKenzie will replace Roberts.  Singletary is a decent RB 3, (after draft pick and Moss), but he may face competition from Williams.  I wouldn’t cut him, however.  

yea just thinking out loud. didnt know about the 51 / 52 roster thing. just get better players and get rid of ones you wont use going forward if save money lol

Just now, JaCrispy said:

🤣🤣🤣 he’d be lucky to be a backup on another team imo...dude is practice squad fodder with no above average qualities...

thats what i think. He used to be really elusive. but now in the open field he pretty much goes down immediately with the first defender. honestly his best quaility is hes a tough runner up the middle. but not better than average RBs

1 hour ago, balln said:

felton is projected to be a 4th rounder.... also every year you are paying rookies- its a fixed cost each year

It's not about the player you propose...it's claiming Singletary is the problem and therefore the only option is to use another mid round pick on a RB.

What was clear all season long is the interior OL wasn't opening much for these backs to get through.  That will be addressed, and while it's early, I think management will keep Singletary and Moss.  Continuing to use mid-round picks on RBs is not exponentially going to improve the offense.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsVet said:

It's not about the player you propose...it's claiming Singletary is the problem and therefore the only option is to use another mid round pick on a RB.

What was clear all season long is the interior OL wasn't opening much for these backs to get through.  That will be addressed, and while it's early, I think management will keep Singletary and Moss.  Continuing to use mid-round picks on RBs is not exponentially going to improve the offense.  

not clear. just as easy to say RBs dont hit hole fast enough get past first line fast enough so our O L can get to 2nd level.  prob is not using picks on players. prob is using 3rd rounders on players that dont make a difference. i dont necessarily think DS is THE problem ... hes just upgradable and if a way to save money by getting rid of him then do it

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

The fact that Yeldon could not get on the field even with the below average to poor play of Singletary is likely to scare off other free agent RBs from signing with Buffalo. 

he couldnt get on the field bc he wasnt a 3rd rd draft pick by beane and is at his ceiling. although his ceiling is much better than any perceived potential of DS by the FO

Last cut in training camp this coming year.  Ends up on Bills Practice Squad.  A rookie will replace him.  (Harris or other with burst)  singletary is a bust...

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

The fact that Yeldon could not get on the field even with the below average to poor play of Singletary is likely to scare off other free agent RBs from signing with Buffalo. 

We saw against KC that Yeldon is better.  Bean and McD to loyal to their draft picks.

3 hours ago, balln said:

Saves us 1.1 million

Draft this guy. Felton. Converted slot WR > now a RB. Let McKenzie and Roberts walk. This guy is a RB/slot WR/ kick returner all in one.

Gotta be ruthless

Felton w/ a nice td in sr bowl just now

9 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I agree. TJ was clearly a better all around RB then Singletary...... Felton just scores on a nice slant. I watched this kid all year at UCLA. He's a stud RB, KR and WR all in one. And after this Senior Bowl his stock will rise to 2nd round. Trade back into the 2nd and grab him. 

Yeldon is most likely gone so they need to replace him for starters...

i think they try to find someone with one of those Day 3 picks and bring him in to compete with Moss, Devin and Williams..

Think it’s likely that Devin is at least No 3 on that list so he will likely take on the Yeldon healthy game day scratch role if he doesn’t get better in the off-season..

3 hours ago, balln said:

Saves us 1.1 million

Gotta be ruthless

1.1 million is nothing.. not looking to resign him to a big dollar contract but there is no point in cutting him. Even 3rd stringers get paid and he is better than most end of the roster running backs. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t see how we would be losing money if motor is our 4th string rb.  We can sign a UDFA to be our 4th.  He’d be cheaper than motor.

Yeldon is a FA.  I doubt he would want to return. 

if we don’t add a RB that runs a sub 4.5 40, I’ll be confused.  We need some explosiveness

I said we lose cap space if we cut him based on the math.. They're not cutting him. What will likely happen is he will be demoted to RB2 or lower depending on William's development and the draft. Yeldon unfortunately will walk and I can't blame him.

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

You had me at “cut Singletary”. I have seen enough. I really feel that the game was over once he dropped that pass. The way to beat the chiefs is to keep scoring and put pressure on them. Once the chiefs got the ball, they took the lead and it was all but over. 

Shades of Ronnie Harmon?