Cut Singletary

balln

You had me at “cut Singletary”. I have seen enough. I really feel that the game was over once he dropped that pass. The way to beat the chiefs is to keep scoring and put pressure on them. Once the chiefs got the ball, they took the lead and it was all but over. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Marv's Neighbor said:

This is something that could very well come back to bite us in the as*.  If he gets cut, there's no way he dosn't get offers from other teams.  He's a good runner, and receiver, just needs to have a line that can create some running lanes for him.

Wow. I don’t know what to say to this...

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You had me at “cut Singletary”. I have seen enough. I really feel that the game was over once he dropped that pass. The way to beat the chiefs is to keep scoring and put pressure on them. Once the chiefs got the ball, they took the lead and it was all but over. 

How exactly were we going to score when we went 0 - 2 on back to back goal to go possessions? Chiefs did what they normally do in the playoffs. Spot a team 10 points and beat their butts by double digits. We were never one play away from winning this game.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Not a great post-season for him. But I also have to say that the Bills didn’t help him out either. They barely give him any touches and when they did, the missed blocks doomed the running plays. And if they had him running more off of read options, he probably looks way more effective.

He needs to play better. The team though needs to play better around him.

The knee-jerk reactions based solely on the last two games are really amazing. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

How exactly were we going to score when we went 0 - 2 on back to back goal to go possessions? Chiefs did what they normally do in the playoffs. Spot a team 10 points and beat their butts by double digits. We were never one play away from winning this game.

Really?  Those goal to go situations came after butterfingers muffed that catch. Not only that, he had green ahead of him and may have scored. 

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Not a great post-season for him. But I also have to say that the Bills didn’t help him out either. They barely give him any touches and when they did, the missed blocks doomed the running plays. And if they had him running more off of read options, he probably looks way more effective.

im evaluating him the whole season. hes just completely upgradable. this guy felton seems to be able to replace a lot of players. time after time our running plays dont work cuz the RBs cant get through the hole and past first line defenders fast enough. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Uhhh...it’s not just the last two games for Singletary. He has been pretty bad all year. 

• Agree 1

You don’t cut players like singletary until preseason at least. Just a silly thread. They’ll probably add some guys to the group and would be nice to get a speedy returner receiver at running back. But cutting him now or before preseason is DUMB. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Oline schemes and play calling are questionable.  
Why not add Moss to this thread too. 
He didn’t do crap either. 

$1 mil?  The Vet minimum is $800k. 

Like seriously dude. Make it worthy of a thread. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 7

3 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

It only saves 1/2 a million with dead cap.  Agree we need an upgrade, but no point to cut him anytime soon.  If they upgrade, keep him as the 3rd back or try to flip him for a late rounder.

yea. but i dont need him on my team anymore. need to pinch pennies.

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Really?  Those goal to go situations came after butterfingers muffed that catch. Not only that, he had green ahead of him and may have scored. 

What!? He wasn't scoring. He would have gotten the first down though. It killed our drive. No doubt. But Mathieu was closing in on him. And even had he gotten by him he had like 30-40 yards to run still to get to the end zone. 

Very optimistic to think we score a TD on that drive given how the next two goal to goal possessions worked out for us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You don’t cut players like singletary until preseason at least. Just a silly thread. They’ll probably add some guys to the group and would be nice to get a speedy returner receiver at running back. But cutting him now or before preseason is DUMB. 

im not saying cut him now. just thats hes totally cut-able. obviously need replacements/upgrades. and if it allows us money to keep or sign other players. im all for it

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yes you're absolutely right. That one play hardly determined the outcome. But what did determine this loss to KC was Andy's ability to  completely IGNORE whatever joke of a running game we had. It allowed him to flood the secondary. Devin is part of that equation. And yes our OL sucks at run blocking.  We all know it. It's just that he's not a fast, quick or strong runner. His pass catching skills are bad and we saw this both years.  I guess the irony of this thread is Felton will definitely go in the 3rd round. I'd prefer Najee but Demetric would be a substantial improvement over.

• Like (+1) 1

This idea is silly and reactionary.

Singletary was not the problem this year.

You don’t need to promise him a starting spot, by any means, but he has value on this team.

Cutting him outright would be foolish.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1