Week 1 2021 NFL Season Schedule Prediction

Like A Mofo

WEEK 1 - NYJ @ BUF. The NFL likes these two to play week 1 for some reason. The Bills will wear all white at home like they having been doing for the past few seasons pissing off the Bills should always blue over white at home crowd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's funny - we'll definitely be a frequent prime time team next year, as we were at the end of this past season. During the drought, I always looked at the schedule and lamented that we didn't get any of those - all 1:00 except for the Thursday Night slot, most seasons.

Now, I already miss the 1:00 Sunday games when we don't have them.  I guess it's fun playing at night, but I feel like it motivates worse teams more, and messes up the week (as well as my Sunday routine).

11 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

I see the bills definitely playing the chiefs week one in prime time. I hope we finally get the hard knocks nod to see us in a bigger spotlight as well! 

Playoff teams don't have to let Hard Knocks in for a couple years, and I don't see McDermott inviting in a bunch of cameras to see what we're doing.

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

beats opening against the Jets as we have been recently,  our prime time games came late in the schedule past season,   

some early prime time respect...prime times comin y'all

Yeah, I sure hope the NFL schedule makers can get a little more creative with season openers. The last 5 seasons we have had

At Baltimore

Home vs Jets

At Baltimore 

At Jets

Home Vs Jets

Also the last 4 consecutive seasons we have played the Patriots at New England in week 16

At Tampa or At Kansas City in the Thursday Season opener would be nice

Going back over the Week 1 games, these are the scenarios these past 10 or so years...

2020 - KC vs Houston, KC defeated Houston in the 2019 Divisional round on their way to a SB win
2019 - GB vs Chicago, believe this was because of the NFL 100th anniversary
2018 - Philly vs Atlanta, Philly beat Atlanta in the 2017 Divisional round on their way to a SB win
2017 - KC vs NE, KC lost to the Steelers in the 2016 Divisional Round, who then lost to NE in the Conference Championship
2016 - Carolina vs Denver, Denver beat Carolina in the previous season SB
2015 - Pittsburgh vs NE, Pitts lost to Baltimore in the WC round, who then lost to NE in the Divisional Round, on their way to a SB win
2014 - GB vs Seattle, GB lost to San Fran in the WC Round, who then lost to Seattle in the Conference Championship, on their way to a SB win
2013 - Baltimore vs Denver, Baltimore beat Denver in the Divisional Round, on their way to a SB win
2012 - Dallas vs NY Giants, Dallas did not make the 2011 playoffs, NY was the SB champion, having beat NE
2011 - GB vs NO, NO lost to Seattle in the WC Round, who lost to Chicago in the Divisional Round, who lost to GB in the Conference Championship, who then beat Pittsburgh to be SB Champs
2010 - NO vs Minnesota, NO beat Minnesota in the Conference Championship on their way to a SB win
2009 - Pittsburgh vs Tenn, Tenn lost to Baltimore in the Divisional Round, who then lost to Pittsburgh in the Conference Championship, on their way to a SB win
2008 - NY Giants vs Washington, Washington lost to Seattle in the WC Round, who then lost to GB in the Divisional Round, who then lost to the Giants in the Conference Championship, on their way to a SB win

So except for 2012, and 2019, every year has some sort of playoffs tie in. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

should be fun.  Looking to come up for a game this year.   time to bring back the 70's , 80's memories again... man I grew up in that place.. . Joe Ferguson, Bob Chandler, Bert Jones (?!) remember those guys?.. 

Loved Joe Ferguson. Still remember when he beat the Jets at Shea Stadium with that long pass to Joe Cribbs with only a few seconds left. I was there and it was so sweet driving home after the game with all the upset Jets Fans!!!

GO BIllS......

• Like (+1) 1