Isaiah McKenzie Thanks Bills Mafia, Leaves Directions on how to Find him

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So Andre Roberts's contract is up, and I hope we don't re-sign him.

I think McKenzie could very easily be re-signed for cheaper and take his place as both kick and punt returner.  Obviously it was a small sample size, but we all saw what he did against Miami.

I don't know, every kick return with him is an adventure. Even the TD against Miami if you watch the replay he almost dropped the punt. With the ball in his hands no question he's more dynamic than Roberts but Roberts is more dependable. For kick returns I probably value that consistency more than speed. I could be convinced either way though.

Edited by HappyDays

41 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Bring him back, don't force him into a life of having to sell his meat.

...Roxanne, you don’t have to put on the red light......

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bring McKenzie back and let Andre Roberts walk.

Have McKenzie and a UDFA rookie who was good at punt returns battle during camp for punt returns.

College punt returns are usually WR/CBs so maybe there is even one worth drafting in the 6th or 7th rounds.

Having a right footed UDFA punter in camp with left footed Bojo should help both in camp too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know, every kick return with him is an adventure. Even the TD against Miami if you watch the replay he almost dropped the punt. With the ball in his hands no question he's more dynamic than Roberts but Roberts is more dependable. For kick returns I probably value that consistency more than speed. I could be convinced either way though.

Understood that it's a balance between dynamic returner and a Chris Watson. Roberts has yet to take one to the house or even get close. He's Mr. consistently 'pretty good'. And he he takes it out of the endzone on KO's too much.  

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

All things equal, Roberts is the better option as kick returner.  But like I said, that's all he does.  He's of absolutely no use on the offense, unlike McKenzie.

Plus he's more expensive.  

Even if it's a slight step down from Roberts as a returner, McKenzie might be the better option.  And maybe he'll just take more touchbacks than Roberts, who ran the ball out of the End Zone a lot more often than I would have liked.

Good dude, decent player, apparently a favorite in the locker room. He also feels a sense of loyalty to the Bills for scooping him up out of Denver and giving him a real opportunity. That said... I don't think he'll be back. Money is tight for them. I think they'll offer him but he might have a couple other teams willing to pay him a bit more. 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

All things equal, Roberts is the better option as kick returner.  But like I said, that's all he does.  He's of absolutely no use on the offense, unlike McKenzie.

Plus he's more expensive.  

Even if it's a slight step down from Roberts as a returner, McKenzie might be the better option.  And maybe he'll just take more touchbacks than Roberts, who ran the ball out of the End Zone a lot more often than I would have liked.

If we let Roberts go I'd prefer we sign Alex Erickson who's a quality PR/KR and a nifty WR if given a shot.

1 hour ago, JimBob2232 said:

Of all our FA's - he is the guy we need most from a gap assessment look.  Speed is what this team is lacking, and he provided that in spades.  Lets keep him around!

wr speed was very good last year. RB speed was what was non existent. Maybe Christian Wade can bring speed to RB spot and/or the draft or course.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McKenzie and Yeldon. So ridiculously underutilized. Sometimes I think Daboll's brain is still set to Peterman mode.

I've said it 20 times since Sunday and I'll keep saying it, why didn't the bills run more screens? Running screens with mckenzie would've probably made a big impact