Superbowl bet.

Lafromboise

I bet on the Buccaneers soon as I heard they were signing AB. Now that we got so close and missed...I'd rather the team who beat us prove to be better than everyone else as well. So now I'll either be happy Brady lost or happy I won some money. So I'd tell em bet on the team he DOESNT want to win 🤷🏾‍♂️

Screenshot-20210128-110053-Chrome.jpg

Only other team I bet to win it all was the Bills...several bets at different points...obviously didn't work out but as soon as next year's lines become available, I'm betting bills...I'm sure we will be top 5 favorites tho so the return won't be astronomical but still fun nonetheless.

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

I got $2000 on a single SB square.

Straight forward old school, 4 winners, 1st, half, 3rd and final.

Wife hates it, except the year I hit.

I hit a final on a $20 square for $450 earlier this season. Then hit a $20 quarter for $125 a few weeks later.

My luckiest season to date 😂 

12 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Very tough to bet against KC but against the Bills they played at a very high level.  Can they do this 2 weeks in a row and if they can’t, is TB good enough to capitalize.  Who knows - This is why I hate betting!

Lol .Not surprising since you lost 5K  betting against the Bills  a few seasons back?

Tell him to put half the money on Tom Brady ... Betting against the leagues golden boy isn't a safe bet.

The other half of the money, he should put on the under ... Most of the money will be on the over, under would make Vegas happy.

This will be the first of three straight Bucs / Chefs Super Bowls.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I hit a final on a $20 square for $450 earlier this season. Then hit a $20 quarter for $125 a few weeks later.

My luckiest season to date 😂 

The one I am in pays 15k, 50k, 15k, 120k.

Been in since 2009, hit the 1st qtr. first year. Wife said bail.

Should of. There's a waiting list to get in.

Chiefs will win by 10

Their defense is fast and gets pressure with the DL. Brady has been air mailing the ball downfield hoping for a big play or a flag. As soon as Green Bay started to come back he just started lobbing up gifts, throwing a pick on 3 consecutive drives. Green Bay was getting some pressure, but their DL is nothing like KC's pass rushers. 

Bucs have not really had to consistently drive the ball these playoffs. Yes, they make some plays, but they are not a consistent offense. They live and die on the big turnover that sets them right up for a score. Both the Saints and especially the Packers gift-wrapped them free TDs by either totally blowing a coverage (GB before half) or fumbling right in their own end (GB right after half) that gave the Bucs 14 free points. 

So, all that said, if KC plays the way they can on offense and scores 30+ there is going to be a ton of pressure on the Tampa passing game to keep up, and Brady will toss picks that will sink their chances. 

The only wild card is Tampa's defense hits hard and plays a little dirty, so Mahomes better protect himself. Brady simply will not take a hit. He'll just drop and live to play another down if there is pressure. 

22 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The one I am in pays 15k, 50k, 15k, 120k.

Been in since 2009, hit the 1st qtr. first year. Wife said bail.

Should of. There's a waiting list to get in.

Yeah gotta bail while you’re ahead. I’m not really much of a gambler, but squares are like scratch-offs, keeps you entertained for a minute.

I’m in one for this SB, it’s a “by the minute” payoff. And there’s all sorts of cousins and corners and reverse scores. I don’t even understand the details, just tell me if/when to collect ha.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Lafromboise said:

My brother is a day trader and asked me about my opinion about the sb. He asked me who I thought would win cause he's not a sports guy. He wanted to throw 200 down so I told him I'll get some opinions. I don't know much about betting so I can't give him an answer. Any advice? I figure I'd ask fellow fans. Lmk.

If he’s a day trader he needs put down at least a 1,000$. It like going to the horse track, you get your tri box and hope the bomber comes in. In this case the bomber is the Bucs.

I would bet the Bucs and the over, no way does KC’s CB’s get away with that kind of mugging vs a Brady offense. He will start crying to the officials and the flags will fly. The Bucs getting Vita Vea back is so freaking huge. The monster cannot be contained or held or anything. He is going to blow up the pocket forcing Mahomes to deal with Blitzing LB’s around the outside. The Bucs LB’s are some of the best in the NFL. They can flat out fly all over the field. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Yeah gotta bail while you’re ahead. I’m not really much of a gambler, but squares are like scratch-offs, keeps you entertained for a minute.

I’m in one for this SB, it’s a “by the minute” payoff. And there’s all sorts of cousins and corners and reverse scores. I don’t even understand the details, just tell me if/when to collect ha.

Some years I get someone to split it, even up to 4 ways. They don't last. They like the ones you describe. Flying solo this year.

Gee this board was pretty harsh on ya bro.   Yikes.  

Betting the under total points in any game is kinda stressful because you're almost always nervous until the end of the game, unlike the over total points which you can hit earlier in some cases, and it's more fun because you just root for scoring etc instead of rooting for teams to punt.  So avoid the under bet.

As a rule, it's usually a bad idea to bet against Tom Brady in anything, trust me on that one.   With that in mind, the last time he was in a superbowl he sucked in the first 3/4ths of the game, and KC isn't known for being a fast start club either, they do most of their best work in the 2nd half and frequently come from behind.  Both defenses are better than I thought they were before watching them last weekend.

Here's what I would do with $200

$50 on under 27.5 in the FIRST HALF (risk 50 to win 45 there)

$50 to win $187 on first scoring play Bucs field goal

$100 teaser Chiefs GET 3 pts and game must go over 50 (Risk $100 to win 83)

That way you have an early bet (1st score), halftime bet (under 27.5) and full game teaser sayin KC keeps it within 3 and it goes over 50.

Also keep in mind I lost all SIX bets last weekend in perhaps the worst showing of all time.