Superbowl bet.

Lafromboise

My brother is a day trader and asked me about my opinion about the sb. He asked me who I thought would win cause he's not a sports guy. He wanted to throw 200 down so I told him I'll get some opinions. I don't know much about betting so I can't give him an answer. Any advice? I figure I'd ask fellow fans. Lmk.

5 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

My brother is a day trader and asked me about my opinion about the sb. He asked me who I thought would win cause he's not a sports guy. He wanted to throw 200 down so I told him I'll get some opinions. I don't know much about betting so I can't give him an answer. Any advice? I figure I'd ask fellow fans. Lmk.

Only $200? Tell him its a waste of time.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

Live odds are here: https://bet.rotoworld.com/nfl/game_page/nfl-chiefs-vs-buccaneers-2021-2-7

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Does he have a hand in the Game Stop fiasco? If the Chiefs don't win by 10 the fix is in.

What is the norm. The over under stuff?

6 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Very tough to bet against KC but against the Bills they played at a very high level.  Can they do this 2 weeks in a row and if they can’t, is TB good enough to capitalize.  Who knows - This is why I hate betting!

How do you personally go by betting? If you don't mind me asking

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Does he have a hand in the Game Stop fiasco? If the Chiefs don't win by 10 the fix is in.

Lmao he was just talking about that actually omg. He does

2 hours ago, Lafromboise said:

I guess every situation is different, but for $200 I’m not sure you even need to mention it to the wife. (Long-standing joke if you’re unaware.) 

Does he day trade in penny stocks? Not that there is anything wrong with that.........

4 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

So that's the under I assume? What does -2.5 mean?

It means if you have to ask, you should NOT be betting. And that comes from a guy who doesn’t bet. 

Is this for real? I’m guessing not. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I guess every situation is different, but for $200 I’m not sure you even need to mention it to the wife. (Long-standing joke if you’re unaware.) 

Does he day trade in penny stocks? Not that there is anything wrong with that.........

Naa he's got thousands tied up. Profits retirement etc. I'd like to give him an honest answer on the game and asked my opinion on who would win( I'd assume I'd know my football) so if he wants to throw a couple hundred for fun I get it. I'm trying the figure out how to really bet and what to bet for that's all.

6 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

Naa he's got thousands tied up. Profits retirement etc. I'd like to give him an honest answer on the game and asked my opinion on who would win( I'd assume I'd know my football) so if he wants to throw a couple hundred for fun I get it. I'm trying the figure out how to really bet and what to bet for that's all.

Thousands, you say?

On the bright side, that’s better than hundreds or tens, I suppose.  🤷‍♂️

My honest suggestion is never gamble with money you might need, but that’s just me. 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, T&C said:

time

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

It means if you have to ask, you should NOT be betting. And that comes from a guy who doesn’t bet. 

Is this for real? I’m guessing not. 

No it is. He knows I love football and just asked me. 

How should he go about it?

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Unless it’s a 10x leveraged margin play I have to agree

What's the best way to go about betting. A certain site? Anything credible?

The over/under is at 56.5 right now.

I think I would feel comfortable betting the over more so than picking the Chiefs to win at -3.

I think the score will be high.  

Then again, I don't gamble.

2 hours ago, Lafromboise said:

No it is. He knows I love football and just asked me. 

How should he go about it?

What's the best way to go about betting. A certain site? Anything credible?

FYI, I need to make a correct selection to win a pool. 1st. Prize is $1700. I am definitely taking the Chiefs -3. There is another component, but getting the correct winner ATS assures me of victory.

So, have your brother bet $100 on the Chiefs. He will get back $183, because the line is today KC -120.

Now, with the other $100, let him have some fun. Bet about 5 x $20 Prop bets. Look those up on the Westgate site in Las Vegas. Obviously, you can’t bet them there, but there are many safe, fine Internet sites to do so. e.g. If you want to bet an MVP- DON’t take Mahomes! He has is < even $. Rather, choose Hill or Kelce, both @ 10-1.

Take the one Mahomes to throw > 2.5 TD Passes.

Etc. That way, lots of fun, while watching.

• Like (+1) 1