Biden Is The Green Energy President

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, The Governor said:

It’s the most impactful choice that 1 individual can make if they care about the environment. Not buying a Prius, or recycling, or anything else.

it’s not the 1700’s anymore. The “Swedes” will be fine. 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/21/lifestyle-change-eat-less-meat-climate-change

The Swedes are not the same as the Swiss.  Quite a number of nations prefer agricultural products to come from inside their borders to insure a degree of national security.  Don't expect that to change.  Even liberals eat meat so don't expect that to change.  Many politicians believe in the mantra of do as I say and not as I do.  Don't expect a government to eliminate meat production to placate a portion of the population that they consider minimally important.  Don't eat meat as I don't care.  Just for your information my diet is decidedly weighted in favor of grains including rice and vegetables but I do eat meat as well.  You still ought to educate yourself as to the realities of food production as opposed to the philosophies of a political group.  A potato has a much higher value on average per acre than beef.  If potatoes were viable on a given acre of land that would the choice of production so economics does reward vegetable production over beef where possible.  It just is not possible over a huge area of the Earth's landmass.

18 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The Swedes are not the same as the Swiss.  Quite a number of nations prefer agricultural products to come from inside their borders to insure a degree of national security.  Don't expect that to change.  Even liberals eat meat so don't expect that to change.  Many politicians believe in the mantra of do as I say and not as I do.  Don't expect a government to eliminate meat production to placate a portion of the population that they consider minimally important.  Don't eat meat as I don't care.  Just for your information my diet is decidedly weighted in favor of grains including rice and vegetables but I do eat meat as well.  You still ought to educate yourself as to the realities of food production as opposed to the philosophies of a political group.  A potato has a much higher value on average per acre than beef.  If potatoes were viable on a given acre of land that would the choice of production so economics does reward vegetable production over beef where possible.  It just is not possible over a huge area of the Earth's landmass.

No one said you can’t ever have beef again. We’re going to “reduce” meat consumption, and how you do that is by taxing the hell out of it to change “bad behavior.” That’s what we did with cigarettes, and many other things that lead to death if not used in moderation.

I won’t even get into the strain on the HC system from the meat and dairy industries.

Edited by The Governor

6 minutes ago, The Governor said:

No one said you can’t ever have beef again. We’re going to “reduce” meat consumption, and how you do that is by taxing the hell out of it to change “bad behavior.” 

I won’t even get into the strain on the HC system from the meat and dairy industries.

Who are you referring to when you say "We're?"  Eating meat is a very primal function of humans and one that most people will not allow to be denied.   Yes, I mean denied as the lower economic classes will be the primary victims of such a tax and it will amount to shifting to nothing relative to the expression "all or nothing."  These same people tend to be supporters of the Democrats and/or liberals.  No Draconian tax is coming anytime soon.  To even get a 50 percent reduction would require going through three generations so the change would be very gradual.  

51 minutes ago, The Governor said:

No one said you can’t ever have beef again. We’re going to “reduce” meat consumption, and how you do that is by taxing the hell out of it to change “bad behavior.” That’s what we did with cigarettes, and many other things that lead to death if not used in moderation.

first the guns now our meat? Gtfo

56 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Who are you referring to when you say "We're?"  Eating meat is a very primal function of humans and one that most people will not allow to be denied.   Yes, I mean denied as the lower economic classes will be the primary victims of such a tax and it will amount to shifting to nothing relative to the expression "all or nothing."  These same people tend to be supporters of the Democrats and/or liberals.  No Draconian tax is coming anytime soon.  To even get a 50 percent reduction would require going through three generations so the change would be very gradual.  

It’s already in the works. I’d bet everything that I have that there’s already legislation written and sitting on Nancy’s desk right now waiting to be introduced in the future.

Ha!!!

Not everyone agrees. The North American Meat Institute took issue with the study,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-it-time-to-put-a-tax-on-meat/#app

Edited by The Governor

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

It’s the most impactful choice that 1 individual can make if they care about the environment. Not buying a Prius, or recycling, or anything else.

it’s not the 1700’s anymore. The “Swedes” will be fine. 

What’s different today is that other countries like Brazil and China are now eating beef in large amounts. That wasn’t the case 20 years ago. They’re knocking down rainforests now to raise cattle on.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/21/lifestyle-change-eat-less-meat-climate-change

That’s interesting 

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

We're carnivores.  Our DNA is bad behavior?  So because Fatty Freddie can't put the fork down you're going to tax the hell out of my steak?  And why is reduce in quotes?  

3 hours ago, The Governor said:

Stop being a fattie!

What does meat consumption have to do with being a fattie?  

3 hours ago, The Governor said:

Water is definitely the biggest issue. It takes something like 100 gallons just to get 1 hamburger on your plate.

Thats factoring in the water used to grow whatever the cow eats and drinks until it’s slaughtered, etc.

Im not a huge fan of Bernie but he’s actually right when he talks about environmental refugees. Yemen has been out of water for years. They will have to be relocated. It will also lead to more terrorism since they’re literally starving to death.

I don’t hate you because you’re fat.

It's not that we eat too much.  It's not that cows fart too much.  It's not because pigs drink too much.  It's because we keep making too many of us.   

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We're carnivores.  Our DNA is bad behavior?  So because Fatty Freddie can't put the fork down you're going to tax the hell out of my steak?  And why is reduce in quotes?  

It's not that we eat too much.  It's not that cows fart too much.  It's not because pigs drink too much.  It's because we keep making too many of us.   

Do you get on all fours and chase your prey down the street and eat it like a mountain lion? 

48 minutes ago, The Governor said:

It’s already in the works. I’d bet everything that I have that there’s already legislation written and sitting on Nancy’s desk right now waiting to be introduced in the future.

Ha!!!

Not everyone agrees. The North American Meat Institute took issue with the study,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-it-time-to-put-a-tax-on-meat/#app

One of the extremely few ways for the liberal Democrats to screw things up for themselves politically is to introduce such a tax.  The poor who are the bulwark of the Democrats will shoulder such a tax which they will ultimately rebel against.  The only way to do it so rebellion is avoided is to introduce it in extremely small portions to the point where it will be almost invisible to the consumer which will have the effect of not reducing meat consumption.  I would ask you what you have against logic, economics, and science when it comes to food production?  

• Agree 1

On 1/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, Tiberius said:

He had enough energy to beat Trump 

Yah he did but he ain't got the balls to hold China's feet to the fire weather it be for the amount of green house gases they emit or for creating a virus that devastated the worlds economy .

They have given the Chinese a pass for what like 30 yrs or something & then they can decide IF they want to become part of the solution which we know just like we knew (because they said they would) Iran would stop increasing their nuclear production the Chinese are doing the same thing basically thumbing their noses at the US and the world & doing what ever they want to with no recourse .

The US has been at the fore front of knocking down the production of green house gases and continues to bear the brunt of it but China is the biggest producer of them and every one including the US gives them a pass because no one has the balls to stand up to them and they continue to deal with them instead of being independent of them .

All the jobs that have went over there use to be here and China use to be recognized as a communist bunch of liars that couldn't be trusted but now we along with a bunch of other countries because of the all mighty $$ & the NWO have become bed buddy's with them and made their economy the biggest in the world .

One would think after how hard it was to get PPE when the Wuhan virus hit that the Americans would see it for what it is & realize those jobs would be better off here where they need to be to keep us independently strong in the face of adversity but we will continue as if nothing has changed because it now hasn't .

On 4/24/2021 at 10:06 AM, T master said:

Yah he did but he ain't got the balls to hold China's feet to the fire weather it be for the amount of green house gases they emit or for creating a virus that devastated the worlds economy .

They have given the Chinese a pass for what like 30 yrs or something & then they can decide IF they want to become part of the solution which we know just like we knew (because they said they would) Iran would stop increasing their nuclear production the Chinese are doing the same thing basically thumbing their noses at the US and the world & doing what ever they want to with no recourse .

The US has been at the fore front of knocking down the production of green house gases and continues to bear the brunt of it but China is the biggest producer of them and every one including the US gives them a pass because no one has the balls to stand up to them and they continue to deal with them instead of being independent of them .

All the jobs that have went over there use to be here and China use to be recognized as a communist bunch of liars that couldn't be trusted but now we along with a bunch of other countries because of the all mighty $$ & the NWO have become bed buddy's with them and made their economy the biggest in the world .

One would think after how hard it was to get PPE when the Wuhan virus hit that the Americans would see it for what it is & realize those jobs would be better off here where they need to be to keep us independently strong in the face of adversity but we will continue as if nothing has changed because it now hasn't .

What's he suppose to do to China? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

This is a great question. What would you propose? 

On 4/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, Chef Jim said:

Just doing that shaming thing hypocritical libs do when it suits them. 

my carnitas omelette was fantastic this morning btw... 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It's called tariffs & if needed economic sanctions but first you need to have a set to do anything at all plus you can't be afraid of a bully and they need to make a plan BEFORE he says anything not to make it worse if you know what I'm talking about ... 🤔

If need be go to all of your allies and all together set sanctions against them and move the companies that are making them the largest economy in the world out to some where else so they can't control every thing as far as exports to other countries .

They have a strangle hold on the entire planet basically & America has allow it because all of the enterprise that is there now use to be here and that basically leaves us at their mercy .  

A good/strong "Leader" try's to change that and doesn't just go back to what was .

2 hours ago, The Governor said:

I told you guys we were coming for your hamburgers.

Go check your crazy right-wing news today.

Wonderful news. I love it when the government gets involved in my diet.

Remember when their ‘war on fat’ led to increased food processing,  trans fats, excessive sugar and salt into almost everything we ate and we saw dramatic increases in heart disease, obesity and cancer?

THANKS GOVERNMENT 👍  

Bullying the populates into a slew of unintended consequences since for as long as they’ve been around.  

• Haha (+1) 1