Biden Is The Green Energy President

Tiberius

Who the heck is against fighting pollution? Well, the party of Trump is 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2021/01/27/biden-climate-change/

Joe Biden had long promised to become the climate president, and on Wednesday he detailed far-ranging plans to shift the U.S. away from fossil fuels, create millions of jobs in renewable energy, and conserve vast swaths of public lands and water.

“This is not a time for small measures,” Biden said at the White House, adding that the nation had already wasted precious years as it delayed in dealing with the climate crisis.

But as he detailed his plans, the gas, oil and coal industries were already mobilizing on all fronts. From an oil patch in Alaska to state capitals to the halls of Congress, the industries and their allies are aiming to slow Biden’s unprecedented push for climate action and keep profits from fossil fuels flowing. Republican attorneys general from six states wrote to the new president, warning him not to overstep his authority. GOP lawmakers attacked his executive orders as “job killers.” And the petroleum industry revived television ads promoting drilling on federal lands.

AD

Industry executives expressed dismay at the scope, speed and direction in which Biden is heading, saying he is going much further than President Barack Obama ever did, while environmentalists said the danger that Earth faces is far more dire now than it appeared during Obama’s tenure and requires an extraordinary response. Last year essentially tied with 2016 as the hottest year ever recorded, and scientists say the planet is speeding toward irreversible damage.

In barely a week in office, Biden has moved to rejoin the Paris climate accord, halt the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, impose new limits on oil and gas production, and mandate climate change as a priority across every federal agency.

Default Mono Sans Mono Serif Sans Serif Comic Fancy Small Caps

Default X-Small Small Medium Large X-Large XX-Large

Default Outline Dark Outline Light Outline Dark Bold Outline Light Bold Shadow Dark Shadow Light Shadow Dark Bold Shadow Light Bold

Default Black Silver Gray White Maroon Red Purple Fuchsia Green Lime Olive Yellow Navy Blue Teal Aqua OrangeDefault 100% 75% 50% 25% 0%

Default Black Silver Gray White Maroon Red Purple Fuchsia Green Lime Olive Yellow Navy Blue Teal Aqua OrangeDefault 100% 75% 50% 25% 0%

Biden calls climate change an ‘existential threat’

President Biden on Jan. 27 signed three executive actions to combat climate change and said the U.S. had waited too long to deal with the “climate crisis.” (The Washington Post)

On Wednesday, he promised to use the government’s purchasing power to fund a federal clean-car fleet — and the jobs that would come with it. He pledged to help low-income and minority communities that have historically suffered the worst pollution. And he insisted the nation must set about preparing for the inevitable impacts of climate change, even as it tries to stave off the worst future outcomes. He also said the United States will lead the world in the global effort to cut greenhouse gases that are driving climate change.

AD

Biden’s aggressive proposals won broad praise from environmental activists and many fellow Democrats while setting off an intense battle with the U.S. fossil fuel industry, which has underpinned the nation’s economy for more than a century.

“This is a radical departure from almost any other administration, and I would even say, President Obama,” said Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), echoing the sentiments of several others in his party and in the fossil fuel industry.

Limiting domestic #energy produced on federal lands and waters would undermine environmental progress, cost American #jobs, jeopardize education and conservation funding, and shift the U.S. to greater reliance on foreign energy. Read my statement on today’s executive orders: pic.twitter.com/Xlc90WXUvG

— Mike Sommers (@mj_sommers) January 27, 2021

“Our states have led the charge in successfully challenging unauthorized and unlawful executive actions, as you know from your years as vice president,” West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey and five other Republican attorneys general wrote in a letter to Biden. Morrisey sued to block the Obama administration’s rule curbing greenhouse gas emissions from power plants. “You can be assured that we will do so again, if necessary.”

AD

American Clean Power Association CEO Heather Zichal, who served as one of Obama’s top climate advisers, said no one should be surprised by Biden’s approach, given the mounting scientific evidence of the Earth’s continued warming and advances in recent years that have helped make renewable energy cheaper.

“If we’re going to remove 51 billion tons of greenhouse gas emissions annually and get to zero [emissions] in 30 years, this is going to require drastic action,” she said, adding that her members are prepared to invest $1 trillion in the coming years on clean energy projects. “We see nothing but opportunity.”

Biden’s special envoy on climate, John F. Kerry, told reporters at the White House on Wednesday that the scientific reality gives the president little choice.

“It is now cheaper to deal with the crisis of climate than it is to ignore it,” Kerry said, noting the massive sums taxpayers have spent recovering from increasingly devastating hurricanes in recent years. “We’re spending more money, folks. We’re just not doing it smart. We’re not doing it in a way that would actually sustain us for the long term.”

15 minutes ago, snafu said:

"Biden" and "Energy President" don't seem to go together.

Snaf, whatcha figure the carbon footprint of an enterprise like a WaPo might be? 

I did a quick check, looks like the Social Justice Warriors pimp out Mother Earf for about 3.2 million newspapers weekly, and in DC for example, they'll have a newsie deliver it right to your door. I'm guessing carbon hovers for newspaper production and delivery, sorta like how COIVD spreads like a bastage except when it doesn't. 

Don't get me wrong--it's not like the WaPo could ever offer online subscription only.  That's crazy talk. 

2 hours ago, snafu said:

"Biden" and "Energy President" don't seem to go together.

He had enough energy to beat Trump 

49 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Tibs may be an eco-terrorist* for supporting the destruction of our planet!  I bet he owns thousands of shares of Amazon too! 

*allegedly!**
**obviously 

No I don't actually. Never got on the Amazon wagon, though it looks like a good idea. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

A hypocrite? Oh well, as long as the planet get saved 

You believe the paris accord will save the planet? China and India are not even going to peak their usage for another decade but I know for you that "intent" outweighs results 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 7:56 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

You believe the paris accord will save the planet? China and India are not even going to peak their usage for another decade but I know for you that "intent" outweighs results 

Agree !! It just delays or redirects the pollution to another country that was being put out in America while we still pay for a huge chunk of it . Which could be intentional because if you are worried about what they are doing over here your not paying attention to what's going on over there 🤔 .

Those other countries that have strengthened economies because of American based companies bringing their manufacturing to them can work with much less regulations and or consequences because the gov't in those countries are pretty much in complete control and truly don't care about the people as long as the gov't/country is making money .

The Paris accord is just those countries involved acknowledging there is a problem with pollution that they are trying to make us think they really give a s**t about it !! 

It's almost like those that make us think they really care about curing cancer if they truly did they would stop making the things that cause it in the first place  tephlon, plastics with BPA, round up , scotch guard & many many others but how will you ever get rid of it with out getting rid of the source ?? 

Every person on earth now has C8 in their blood stream from birth which is a cause of cancer . Thank You Dupont / 3 M !! 

But then there would be no American cancer society, St. Judes, no professors to teach oncology no colleges to teach these things and no facilities or technologies to treat it and so on and so on it's all about the MONEY !! 

None of them give a S**T about anything but the bottom line and especially don't care about us or the future because they won't be here and the shell game will continue ...

On 1/29/2021 at 1:25 AM, reddogblitz said:

Lets just hope Uncle Joe is better at picking green energy winners as President than the ones they picked when he was Vice President.

I have been thinking I need to figure out which donors companies are going to get propped up with pack back money so I can try to get a good stock play. Is so well hidden though. I guess most big banks and Wall Street firms... 

but I’d love to get in early on the next solyndra early and sell it off before bankruptcy.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I have been thinking I need to figure out which donors companies are going to get propped up with pack back money so I can try to get a good stock play. Is so well hidden though. I guess most big banks and Wall Street firms... 

but I’d love to get in early on the next solyndra early and sell it off before bankruptcy.  

Just like the Dot Com Bust. E-commerce, that will never work! But seriously, internet speed and software development was about 10 years behind the desire to shift sales online. 

Another way to look at it, it took an entire floor to house a main frame computer with 10KB storage capacity 60 years ago. Now our phone can hold TB's.

Solar and battery power will advance rapidly with investment. It's not the only energy of the future, but I wouldn't bet against it.