Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And then the athletic releases this just now 

https://theathletic.com/news/texans-committed-to-deshaun-watson-there-is-no-contingency-plan/gVzKxBVFouno

Culley:  There is no contingency plan.  Watson is a Houston Texan and that’s how we’re moving forward with it.  We’re committed to him, as I said before”.

My take on that: Culley said something dumb to the reporter, meaning he was way too forthcoming about the fact that Watson is a goner. Now he's walking it back because he doesn't want to depress the value of his trade asset. It's bad press management, but we all know that can happen given Doug Whaley's performance in the last year he was in Buffalo. I mean, Culley said he had no idea that Watson wanted out, which is Baghdad Bob-level laughable.

I just don't see how Watson will come back to Houston. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Cowherd just reported that the only teams Watson is interested in are Denver & SF.  I would love to see him go to Denver so that the AFC West winner will have 6 losses every year!

Ill be happy if he stays out of the AFC East.  I will be happiest if he goes to the NFC.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Cowherd just reported that the only teams Watson is interested in are Denver & SF.  I would love to see him go to Denver so that the AFC West winner will have 6 losses every year!

"I request to be traded, but only to these two teams"

Not exactly the strongest position to take.

Sf please!!! Get him out of the Afc.  The nfc QBs are so lame nowadays.  Brady, rodgers, Wilson + a bunch of meh.   Murray is ascending, but still not worth mentioning with the above imo. Stafford is better than meh....but also not worth mentioning til he accomplishes something after 10+ years

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Sf please!!! Get him out of the Afc.  The nfc QBs are so lame nowadays.  Brady, rodgers, Wilson + a bunch of meh.   Murray is ascending, but still not worth mentioning with the above imo. Stafford is better than meh....but also not worth mentioning til he accomplishes something after 10+ years

Stafford’s largest accomplishment to date is getting the hell out of Detroit

• Awesome! (+1) 1