Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

Are there any seats available for the @BADOLBILZ "Let Me Tell You Why I Know Everything and You Know Nothing," seminar?

These are my favorite.

I can't wait till the part where he tells everyone that everyone who's ever met him loves him.

Oh, oh, oh!!!   (in my best Horseshack voice) ... and I really want to hear about how no one is a real Bills fan unless they have season tickets and go to every home game.

Man ... I hope I can get in.  I LOVE to be educated by the all-knowing!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Are there any seats available for the @BADOLBILZ "Let Me Tell You Why I Know Everything and You Know Nothing," seminar?

These are my favorite.

I can't wait till the part where he tells everyone that everyone who's ever met him loves him.

Oh, oh, oh!!!   (in my best Horseshack voice) ... and I really want to hear about how no one is a real Bills fan unless they have season tickets and go to every home game.

It can be very tiresome......

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Every time I see this thread getting hot I assume it’s actually related to the topic... how foolish of me.

Nah, just yet another thread in which @BADOLBILZ makes s-h-I-t up, insults and demeans those who dispute his “creative writing”, and gets his fingers stuck on the emoji keyboard. Nothing to see here. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

These are my favorite.

Much like Groundhogs Day every Feb, TBD celebrates an annual tradition to kick off the offseason by letting @BADOLBILZ out of his hole and counting the emojis.

More than 10 means we're drafting another CB in the 1st round again.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said.......you dudes need to get some focus factor......you got C.R.A.F.T..........this story was discussed ad nauseam on TSW and you practically live here.:doh:

From Sports Illustrated:

"Team president Russ Brandon also texted Ryan the next day: “The owner likes red wine. ... “I'm not a red wineguy,” Ryan says, “but that day I drank red wine."

You’re combining 2 separate quotes. The quote about bringing red wine was for the 2nd interview. The quote about Rex drinking red wine was from the day they traded for Shady.

I think you know what everyone wanted proof of was Brandon and Rex getting the Pegula’s drunk before Rex was hired. Bringing a bottle of red wine as a gift for people who collect wine does not automatically equate to Rex getting the Pegulas plastered to expedite the hiring process.

We all knew Rex brought wine. You made it sound like you knew for a fact they got drunk on that wine before Rex was hired. I am not saying that it didn’t happen, but I have never seen that detail reported.

• Like (+1) 2

For the people harping on the precedent Watson would set by forcing his way out, Russell Wilson appears to be doing the very same right now in Seattle. And I suspect he'll succeed. With regard to a small number of superstar QBs, this is the direction the NFL is headed, like it or not.  I know most in this thread hate the thought of this, but in this case, a tired cliche applies: it is what it is.  

• Like (+1) 1

The moral of the thread is that it's VERY easy to draw conclusions.(and to draw a sewing circle of TSW bitties into a thread)

Jesus Freaks? 

Cult-like atmosphere?

Broken promises?

Credible sources? 

The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

4-12 season + no first round pick + no cap space + regime change = Deshaun wants to play somewhere else

Ignoring the fact that "credible sources" aren't saying he will waive his no trade clause so the cult can trade him to the commune with the most produce to offer.....among other things........ is irrelevant when you choose the much less likely,  nonsensical  explanations.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

For the people harping on the precedent Watson would set by forcing his way out, Russell Wilson appears to be doing the very same right now in Seattle. And I suspect he'll succeed. With regard to a small number of superstar QBs, this is the direction the NFL is headed, like it or not.  I know most in this thread hate the thought of this, but in this case, a tired cliche applies: it is what it is.  

Watson for Wilson? 

I wonder if NFL QB's are starting to take control of the league. They own the league the same way NBA stars do but they never really use their power. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watson for Wilson? 

Apparently, Vegas odds give the Raiders the best chance of landing him!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watson for Wilson? 

I wonder if NFL QB's are starting to take control of the league. They own the league the same way NBA stars do but they never really use their power. 

It would be an ultimate irony, right? The league made the decision to make the NFL all about the QB (they have succeeded), and this is what they get!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Funny, I haven’t heard any crying about Carson Wentz trying to force the Eagles to trade him...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Big difference between QB's well into their 30's like Wilson and Stafford wanting to change teams and one who is still in the window of his rookie contract.

If all parties played until age 40 you are talking about 15 years worth of value versus 7.

I know you follow baseball so basically this is the equivalent of trading your superstar young player with 6 years of team control versus trading the 30 year old with a lot of mileage on him.

You are right........it's not coming though........it's here.   Watching Tom Brady hand pick his destination to the most talented roster he could find will only embolden older vet QB's whose contracts are now limiting their own teams ability to build around them....... like Wilson.

The NFL will have to figure it out........a continued string of good QB classes would be the easiest solution..........rules changes would be another........... but it is beyond bad precedent for Houston to let a young QB force his way out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Funny, I haven’t heard any crying about Carson Wentz trying to force the Eagles to trade him...

Because he has no leverage. He is in a bottom tier of QB’s right now and is a reclamation project. Wilson and Watson are in the top tier and have legitimate gripes with their current teams. Wilson’s sack numbers are outrageous. Record-setting even. I have watched 11 years of drafts with a good friend who is a Hawks fan. Every year we are astounded when they trade out of their pick when a strong offensive lineman is available. I’m sure that doesn’t go unnoticed by the QB who needs to be protected.

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Because he's a reclamation project with a superstar contract..........he's a burden for the Eagles.........moving him makes sense for the organization if they can swing it.

Watson and Wilson are superstar QB's who actually elevate their teams greatly.