Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

These are the posts I expect when he ends up in Miami.

"They're not that good." 

Uh huh.  

They're absolutely favorites to win the AFC East and will be a one of the 3 most predicted teams to go to the SB out of the AFC.  

Let this all sink in for a minute....

Miami will use the pieces they got from a team to get a franchise QB for a decade......from that same freaking team.    

Houston needs to reject this just on principle.

But they won't.  They're awful and have zero leverage.  

No, they are not “absolutely” the favorites to win the AFCE.  

They would be good though.  

I do expect to see some chicken little posts like the one you posited however. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

"They're not that good." 

Uh huh.  

They're absolutely favorites to win the AFC East and will be a one of the 3 most predicted teams to go to the SB out of the AFC.  

Miami will use the pieces they got from a team to get a franchise QB for a decade......from that same freaking team.    

First off I don't care who is labeled the favorite in the East or the AFC in the preseason.  It has no real impact on how things actually turn out.

Second, I believe that the idea that Watson going to Miami turns then into a Super Bowl contender is premature.  Sure he would be an immediate upgrade at QB but there would be other ripple effects in the Dolphin organization.   I happen to believe that Miami overachieved in winning 10 games this season.  Watson could arrive, significantly improve their QBing and they still only win 10 games next year.

I agree with you that the NFL needs to squash this.  Unless folks think the NFL would be better served mimicking the NBA Watson signed a contract, a good one, and he should be held to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

No, they are not “absolutely” the favorites to win the AFCE.  

They would be good though.  

I do expect to see some chicken little posts like the one you posited however. 

This isn't chicken little it's freaking facts.  They won 10 games with hot garbage at QB and changed it up in games.  

It's a better roster top to bottom.  Going into year 2 with each other. 

This is no longer 2020.  It's a brand new season.  

After 20 years of dealing with Brady, we get one whole year of the other 3 teams with trash at QB (we won all 6 games).  Now it might realistically have Watson Stafford and who knows what the Jets could end up with at 2.  Nice.  

I'm also assuming they will be trading for Michael Thomas (you'll see...that team is ready to implode and he is going to want out when Hill is clearly the guy).  

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This isn't chicken little it's freaking facts.  They won 10 games with hot garbage at QB and changed it up in games.  

After 20 years of dealing with Brady, we get one whole year of the other 3 teams with trash at QB (we won all 6 games).  Now it might realistically have Watson Stafford and who knows what the Jets could end up with at 2.  Nice.  

I'm also assuming they will be trading for Michael Thomas (you'll see...that team is ready to implode and he is going to want out when Hill is clearly the guy).  

It’s literally not facts.  It’s your opinion. 

Is it a better roster?  I didn’t realize we had already finished Free Agency and the Draft. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

And obviously Beane might work some magic to help solidify us as the better team top to bottom.  

Buy if they get Watson, as of this moment assuming Milano may leave, it's them.  Because one franchise is a dumpster fire.  And it's infuriating.  

The areas we are clearly better is WR and Safety.   QB will essentially be a wash.  

And that's all I got.  

Edited by Big Blitz

I was under the impression that Watson initially wanted out of Houston after the McNair's did not interview a black GM for the position.  Now they have a black head  coach who by all accounts is a good man and deserving of the opportunity then Watson officially states he wants to be traded?  Am I misinformed? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

I was under the impression that Watson initially wanted out of Houston after the McNair's did not interview a black GM for the position.  Now they have a black head  coach who by all accounts is a good man and deserving of the opportunity then Watson officially states he wants to be traded?  Am I misinformed? 

Yes

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mr. Wonderful said:

I don't know what to make of the minority issue with Watson.  That alone is infuriating especially since they did hire a minority HC.

I think this started with the Hopkins trade.  To appease him they told this 25 year old QB/Front Office Executive/Punk that he will have a say in the next GM after BOB canned. 

He didn't.  And he was done.  Felt "betrayed."   

6 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Watson and Texans Ownership both come off really poorly in this..

Its frowned upon to criticize Watson though.. sports media has declared it so. 

He wants out because he feels they misled him when they told him they’d ask for his input in certain decisions. ..or so he says. (And they apparently did mislead him)

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Yes, wildly misinformed. It has nothing to do with race.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I wouldn’t call Miami’s QB situation in 2020 “hot garbage”.   Fitzmagic was very good, and Tua was a decent if uninspiring game manager.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes, wildly misinformed. It has nothing to do with race.

Found it on Twitter:

Per Chris Mortensen:

"Reports about Deshaun Watson's unhappiness with @HoustonTexans are accurate and sources close to the QB say he is still angry about team's insensitivity to social justice, including hiring practices, after the franchise failed to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy this past week."

29 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Found it on Twitter:

Per Chris Mortensen:

"Reports about Deshaun Watson's unhappiness with @HoustonTexans are accurate and sources close to the QB say he is still angry about team's insensitivity to social justice, including hiring practices, after the franchise failed to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy this past week."

I think he got so much blowback from that Watson walked a few things back.  

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

"They're not that good." 

Uh huh.  

“I want my picks back, and I want David ***** Putney, just because I feel like it.”

-Texans, probably

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree with you that the NFL needs to squash this.  Unless folks think the NFL would be better served mimicking the NBA Watson signed a contract, a good one, and he should be held to it. 

The NFL needs to stay completely out of it. No reason why the player and team can't sort this out. 

There are three options here. All perfectly acceptable. 

Texans don't trade him and Watson plays out his contract.

Texans don't trade him and Wastons sits out.

Texans trade Watson.

My money would be on Watson playing out his contract if the Texans don't cave. He could sit out but he'd be the first to do so at that position that I can recall. Palmer did it with the Bengals but that situation was a little different.

1 hour ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Yes, misinformed. Watson was a booster of Saleh.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The NFL needs to stay completely out of it. No reason why the player and team can't sort this out. 

There are three options here. All perfectly acceptable. 

Texans don't trade him and Watson plays out his contract.

Texans don't trade him and Wastons sits out.

Texans trade Watson.

My money would be on Watson playing out his contract if the Texans don't cave. He could sit out but he'd be the first to do so at that position that I can recall. Palmer did it with the Bengals but that situation was a little different.

Actually, the Palmer situation is very similar, and it worked out great for Palmer, who had a late career renaissance after escaping from the tire fire that is the Bengals. My money is on Watson never playing a down for Houston again. People don’t realize how much value guys like watson place on winning.

• Like (+1) 1