Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Allen was clearly better than Watson in 2020. Clearly. Not even debatable.

Total QBR:

Allen = 82

Watson = 71

Total TDs:

Allen = 46

Watson = 36

Record:

Allen = 15-4

Watson = 4-12

Don't even try and argue with this. Accept it as fact, because it is, and move on.

Exactly. Watson is a fatally flawed QB. Zero pocket presence and Sack machine. His complete lack of pocket presence and feel for the rush, essentially forced Bill OBrien to trade for the game's #1 pure pass-protecting Left Tackle (Tunsil). Obrien knew that Watson needs an elite LT to function.

LOL.

I love the use of highly selected facts and then the need to declare yourself victorious.  

"Don't even try and argue with this.  Accept it as fact, because it is so, and move on.

What a bombastic arrogant statement.

Did you even read or comprehend what I wrote?  There is a difference between the two teams.  You never answered my question, what would Watson numbers look like is he had Diggs and Beasley and Allen had Kekee Coutee and Brandin Cooks.

Oh and speaking of FACTS, somehow you forgot these stats

Watson  : pass yard 4,823  Quarterback Rating  112.4   Int 7  Rushing : 444 yard  Fumbles 8

Allen:  pass yards 4,544   Quarterback Rating 107.2   Int 10  Rushing 421  Fumbles 9

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I think Zach Wilson could be a very good QB in the NFL.

Although, I think he should have stayed at Brigham Young for his senior year..

I think our friend Belichek could hit a gold mine with Mac Jones at 15.  A solid, ridiculously  accurate (77.4%) in the pocket passer, proven winner, improved every year, 41 tds vs 4 ints......... not very mobile but Belichek is used to that.

5 hours ago, Process said:

Dolphins and jets are in such great positions to make a move with the draft picks they have. Good chance he ends up in the AFCE. 

Dolphins, Jets, AND Patriots are all potential destinations for him.

Our division was a relative cakewalk this year.  I expect it to get much, MUCH tougher next year.

Any team that seems close but without an answer at QB should break out the credit card and mortgage the future to get Watson.

You're not really "giving up picks" but turning a maybe into a certainty. Watson is a proven top 5-7 QB who is young. 1st round picks don't always work out, or often are "meh" once a couple of years go by. 

You could have a top QB for the next decade (easily) or a WR,CB and T that may or may not be any good in a handful of years for the guy who takes over for you when you're fired.  

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Dolphins, Jets, AND Patriots are all potential destinations for him.

Our division was a relative cakewalk this year.  I expect it to get much, MUCH tougher next year.

Can't see the Pats having enough ammunition to make that deal, but Texans GM has connections with the Evil One, so who knows...

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We know they don't have to trade him, right?

I think they do. 

QB is unlike any other position in football, it's the face of the franchise as we know. I don't think the Texans' front office would like to be known as the FO that oddly disrupted the cohesion of the team and refused to let cut ties with a player who has done his part in the Houston community and on the field, and has a fanbase that respects him and probably understands his position of wanting to start over somewhere else. 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We know they don't have to trade him, right?

I would tell him too F’ing bad, you’re’ not going anywhere. I certainly wouldn’t make a deal that wasn’t 200% in their favor.

Edited by Meatloaf63

5 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I think they do. 

QB is unlike any other position in football, it's the face of the franchise as we know. I don't think the Texans' front office would like to be known as the FO that oddly disrupted the cohesion of the team and refused to let cut ties with a player who has done his part in the Houston community and on the field, and has a fanbase that respects him and probably understands his position of wanting to start over somewhere else. 

LOL!  You're kdding, right?

4 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I think they do. 

It has already gone way, way beyond that stage,,,the absolute majority of Texans fans are downright disgusted with the team.  This bizarre McNair-Easterby relationship has everyone and the Team upset.  If you ever think the Bill fans were upset at Ralph and/or the Bills front office, magnify by 10X and you have the current state of affairs in Houston.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

LOL!  You're kdding, right?

And for the rest of the post...

I don't follow that team, but I do know that Watson is a good guy---unless I'm missing something--- and has given his all for that org. That's usually the type of player fans get behind. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I think they do. 

Actually the player the fanbase respected and most WANTED the Texans to trade was JJ Watt last year, they wanted him to end his career with a winner.  Watson on the other hand is the future, he goes the entire teams could be lucky to win a game next year.  

12 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I think they do. 

Watson is the Franchise, the future.

If the team actually gets it together and starts to rise, the fans will forgive if not forget.  Winning changes everything.

If the team trades Watson, their chance to get it together and rise drop enormously.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Actually the player the fanbase respected and most WANTED the Texans to trade was JJ Watt last year, they wanted him to end his career with a winner.  Watson on the other hand is the future, he goes the entire teams could be lucky to win a game next year.  

Is that to say that the hatred they have for the FO now extends to Watson because he no longer wants to deal with it?

Are those the sentiments being expressed by Texans' fans?

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think our friend Belichek could hit a gold mine with Mac Jones at 15.  A solid, ridiculously  accurate (77.4%) in the pocket passer, proven winner, improved every year, 41 tds vs 4 ints......... not very mobile but Belichek is used to that.

I would like to see what Mac Jones looks like without being at Alabama.

That being said, he would be a safe pick for New England.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watson is the Franchise, the future.

If the team actually gets it together and starts to rise, the fans will forgive if not forget.  Winning changes everything.

If the team trades Watson, their chance to get it together and rise drop enormously.

The problem is, due to BOB's universe brain moves, they dont have the draft picks to re-build and improve and win UNLESS they trade Watson.

8 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

And for the rest of the post...

I don't follow that team, but I do know that Watson is a good guy---unless I'm missing something--- and has given his all for that org. That's usually the type of player fans get behind. 

Fans are usually fans of the team, not player.  Once a player is gone, especially if he demands to leave, they turn on him instantly.

• Like (+1) 3