Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets have the draft ammo, a tradeable young QB who still has promise, and the cap space.  They make too much sense.

If Darnold goes to Houston, his career is basically over, Houston’s owners are, dare I say, worse than the jets, that boy is screwed, he must have done something really bad in his last life...

30 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

If Miami gets Watson you all better get ready for most of the media to proclaim Miami as the favorite in the AFC East over the offseason.

Well...they probably would be.  Their defense was 10 slots better than ours, they led the league in TO, and with better QB'ing they could arguably win 2-3 more games.  I get it we're the defending AFC East winners and went to the AFC championship, but the world would be waiting to see if we can be consistent with excellence.

Now that said, a lot depends upon who they wind up with as OC.  And OCs probably want to know...am I coaching Tua?  Or Watson?

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well...they probably would be.  Their defense was 10 slots better than ours, they led the league in TO, and with better QB'ing they could arguably win 2-3 more games.  I get it we're the defending AFC East winners and went to the AFC championship, but the world would be waiting to see if we can be consistent with excellence.

Now that said, a lot depends upon who they wind up with as OC.  And OCs probably want to know...am I coaching Tua?  Or Watson?

Ken Dorsey, maybe?

33 minutes ago, mannc said:

Watson is absolutely top 5 right now.

Disclaimer: I started this reply to prove you wrong, but as I list them, I'm changing my tune to possibly agree with you.

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Allen

4. Wilson?

And not too many others I'd put up there. So yeah, I'll give Watson as a Top 5.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ken Dorsey, maybe?

That's been speculated, but Buffalo has been out of contention and Dorsey available for 4 days now, nothing known about them asking him to interview, and they haven't been secretive about ID'ing their candidates of interest so far.

The Phins just hired a QB coach, Charlie Frye.  They have identified running backs coach Eric Studesville and tight ends coach George Godsey internal candidates.  The other candidate was said to be Chargers QB coach Pep Hamilton.

I think it's possible that OC candidates want to know "who is my QB?"

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Disclaimer: I started this reply to prove you wrong, but as I list them, I'm changing my tune to possibly agree with you.

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Allen

4. Wilson?

And not too many others I'd put up there. So yeah, I'll give Watson as a Top 5.

If we're talking right now, maybe Brady?  I think I'd actually put Watson ahead of Wilson, but that's just based on how poorly Wilson played the last half of this season.  In terms of which QB you'd take over the next 10 years if you were starting from scratch, it's got to be Mahomes, Allen, then Watson, right?  Too soon to tell with Herbert or Burrow... 

Edited by mannc

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Allen, Wilson....cant put Brady in there

I don't necessarily disagree, but if you look at Brady's numbers this year, and what he's done with a team that missed the playoffs last year, you can certainly make a case for him.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

Max Kellerman: "Besides Patrick Mahomes, nobody has more trade value.....Deshaun Watson is better than Josh Allen"

4:40

Bills Mafia...we ain't about to let this slide, are we?

Let them hear about it in the comment section.

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I hope u didn't just rank Watson over Allen. For your sake.

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

If we're talking right now, maybe Brady?  I think I'd actually put Watson ahead of Wilson, but that's just based on how poorly Wilson played the last half of this season.  In terms of which QB you'd take over the next 10 years if you were starting from scratch, it's got to be Mahomes, Allen, then Watson, right?  Too soon to tell with Herbert or Burrow... 

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but if you look at Brady's numbers this year, and what he's done with a team that missed the playoffs last year, you can certainly make a case for him.

Right. The old guys make it a tougher list, but I'm not including them. Even Rodgers is getting up there. I did think about Burrow and Herbert, but left them as well.

4 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Niners are interesting. They would be clear SB favourites on the NFC side for years to come.

How so?

Watson to the Niners is an awful fit.

Kyle Shanahan is looking for an elite game manager type to operate his run-first scheme. Make quick reads, quick decisions, get rid of the ball quickly.

That is the opposite of Watson's game.

Watson is a freelancer who likes to hold onto the football and play out of structure, and look for the deep ball.

Niners with Watson < Niners with Jimmy G. Jimmy G is a much much better fit for that scheme than Watson.

Guess he wasn’t a fan of David Culley 😂 

20 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Max Kellerman: "Besides Patrick Mahomes, nobody has more trade value.....Deshaun Watson is better than Josh Allen"

4:40

Bills Mafia...we ain't about to let this slide, are we?

Let them hear about it in the comment section.

I hope u didn't just rank Watson over Allen. For your sake.

I instantly discount anything Stephen A Smith says. He has the worst hot takes I’ve ever seen. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1