Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It doesn't matter.  49ers can offer 8 firsts.  

This is officially Watson's choice.  

He holds final say.   

He's going to Miami.  

Welcome to the NBANFL

They can't actually. 3 years ahead is the furthest in advance you can trade picks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They can't actually. 3 years ahead is the furthest in advance you can trade picks. 

I know this I'm just trying to make a point.  

He's going where he wants to go unless Houston tells him he can sit and pout.  

15 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Houston should not take Tua as part of the trade.  They should only accept draft choices & draft a QB of their own choosing at 3.  

Agreed. I’d certainly want another piece unless the Texans are dumb enough to believe getting Tua back will appease their fanbase. 

To me, the only way you do this deal is to draft a new QB early. 

13 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

If Miami gets Watson you all better get ready for most of the media to proclaim Miami as the favorite in the AFC East over the offseason.

YUP.

Thankfully our QB absolutely owns that team.  

2 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

But if Miami get Watson that can change very very quickly

Deshaun Watson doesn't play defense, but yes, of course those games become tougher.  

All the more reason why this offseason is massive.  We've climbed the AFCE mountain and now need to stay there. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Atlanta is too cap restricted to make it work I think. And I am not sure he would go to Detroit but sure they could be interested. 

I agree.

Atlanta & Detroit are just as much of a mess as Houston is. There is no real upside for Watson to go to them, at least not immediately.

The NFC team that makes the most sense is San Francisco, they would be dominant with him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Houston's dysfunctional ownership continues to screw up the league, and it disproportionately affects Buffalo.  To recap:

1)  Trades 2 #1st to Miami for Tunsil, giving the Dolphins a top-five pick; Tunsil wasn't extended in advance, giving players in a similar position additional negotiating leverage.

2) Trades Hopkins for peanuts; Hopkins single-handedly beats Buffalo in 2020

3) Hires David Culley instead of Leslie Frazier, giving extra draft capital to the best GM in football

4) Likely trades a top-five QB in his prime to the AFC East

He’s not top 5 maybe top 10 but point taken 

Miami is only the favorite because their coach just happens to be near the media this week.   When I hear something like "Flores really wants Watson" I think well no s Sherlock, what coach in the NFL that doesnt have a top tier QB on their roster wouldnt?    We will see how this plays out, but if I am Houston I want draft picks and someone I can start at QB next season.   Miami has draft picks, and a QB who they didnt think enough of to let finish games he started.

In my mind the Jets or 49ers are the favorites.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

There is only 1 favorite.

The team Watson wants to go to.  

That's it.  

And Houston is going to be forced to trade him in conference.....imagine if we had to do that with Allen?

This is ridiculous.  We aren't the NBA.  

Who is "we"? 🤣