Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

23 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There will be a bidding war but the cost will be maybe 70% of what it would have cost without Watson letting the world he wants out.

And that’s to Watson’s advantage; means his new team won’t have to cripple itself to acquire him...

• Like (+1) 1

Watson is a punk. Going gets tough and the baby wants a trade. Theyve been good since hes been there besides this year. Now we will pay for it cause it feels inevitable miami is going to get him. 

Hopefully someone has a brain in that organization and trades him out of conference

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Nicely done here.  The Rasputin comparison is fantastic.   Hopefully they get it together.  Kind of praying they the Patriot ties will lead them to try and land Jimmy G in trading Watson to the 49ers.  I wont be able to suffer Watson in the AFC East.

It doesn't matter.  49ers can offer 8 firsts.  

This is officially Watson's choice.  

He holds final say.   

He's going to Miami.  

Welcome to the NBANFL

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, HOUSE said:

I would never trade for a player that can't address problems privately. We will hear more from this guy down the line, never fails

Watson was a true team player this year. One of the best QBs on a terrible team never complained.

Watson really should have started to complain the day after Hopkins was traded away, everything after that was like a snowball rolling down a hill gaining speed till it starts an avalanche.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Watson was a true team player this year. One of the best QBs on a terrible team never complained.

Watson really should have started to complain the day after Hopkins was traded away, everything after that was like a snowball rolling down a hill gaining speed till it starts an avalanche.

I see your points but he ran to the media and embarrassed the Texans. Right or wrong you can't have a team leader doing this.

• Like (+1) 3

I say Jets or Niners makes most sense.  Jets have four first round picks in the next two drafts, including second overall.  They can make the trade for Watson and still have plenty of picks to help rebuild their roster.  SF would have to trade two firsts plus a young star player or two...

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

I see your points but he ran to the media and embarrassed the Texans. Right or wrong you can't have a team leader doing this.

You have absolutely no idea what went on there.  He may have been entirely justified.  What we do know is that since the day he was drafted, Watson has been a great player and a model citizen.  We also know that the Texans are run by morons. So draw your own conclusions.

• Like (+1) 2

Could be back to the '90's w/ the Bills and Phins competing annually for the division title. Hope the outcome is the same there.

The silver lining is that the Patriots will have a hard time getting past 3rd place for quite a few years, especially if BB ends up retiring.

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Houston should not take Tua as part of the trade.  They should only accept draft choices & draft a QB of their own choosing at 3.  

Good point.  It all depends on what they think of Tua.  I’m not sure why the Texans would be excited to get him, but who knows?

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Houston should not take Tua as part of the trade.  They should only accept draft choices & draft a QB of their own choosing at 3.  

Maybe they see him as being good enough and want to fill their myriad of other holes at 3?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1