Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

Just now, Process said:

Dolphins and jets are in such great positions to make a move with the draft picks they have. Good chance he ends up in the AFCE. Bring him on. 

So Tua gives you the extra 2 years of control... but Darnold has typically done some more impressive stuff on the football team.  Either one is coming with pick #2 or #3.  And considering the 20M you have to eat in cap space, i'd ask for more.  I'd start the bidding with 3 1sts and a QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

So Tua gives you the extra 2 years of control... but Darnold has typically done some more impressive stuff on the football team.  Either one is coming with pick #2 or #3.  And considering the 20M you have to eat in cap space, i'd ask for more.  I'd start the bidding with 3 1sts and a QB.  

Why take a QB? If you are getting #2 or #3 you don't need to. Pick your own rather than taking a reclamation project that is gonna be almost impossible to sell to your already furious fanbase. 

For me 3 #1 picks plus either two #3s or a #2 and a #4 is about where I'd pitch the price. 

Should say if I am trading with the 9ers or Panthers I do want their QB as part of the deal because I am probably out of position to draft one.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/wild-hypothetical-deshaun-watson-49ers-trade-proposed-bill-barnwell

I thought this was interesting.  Jets keep #2 and get Jimmy G to run the shanahan style offense.  Can still draft a QB at 2, and not deal with darnold drama.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Why take a QB? If you are getting #2 or #3 you don't need to. Pick your own rather than taking a reclamation project that is gonna be almost impossible to sell to your already furious fanbase. 

For me 3 #1 picks plus either two #3s or a #2 and a #4 is about where I'd pitch the price. 

Maybe throw a 3rd team in like denver?  Maximize the value you get for the tua/darnold piece.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Houston's dysfunctional ownership continues to screw up the league, and it disproportionately affects Buffalo.  To recap:

1)  Trades 2 #1st to Miami for Tunsil, giving the Dolphins a top-five pick; Tunsil wasn't extended in advance, giving players in a similar position additional negotiating leverage.

2) Trades Hopkins for peanuts; Hopkins single-handedly beats Buffalo in 2020

3) Hires David Culley instead of Leslie Frazier, giving extra draft capital to the best GM in football

4) Likely trades a top-five QB in his prime to the AFC East

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Houston's dysfunctional ownership continues to screw up the league, and it disproportionately affects Buffalo.  To recap:

1)  Trades 2 #1st to Miami for Tunsil, giving the Dolphins a top-five pick; Tunsil wasn't extended in advance, giving players in a similar position additional negotiating leverage.

2) Trades Hopkins for peanuts; Hopkins single-handedly beats Buffalo in 2020

3) Hires David Culley instead of Leslie Frazier, giving extra draft capital to the best GM in football

4) Likely trades a top-five QB in his prime to the AFC East

I can not disagree with this assessment.

You have to hand it to John Harbaugh for doing a hell of a sales pitch to get a job for a guy (his pass game coordinator) that a quality assessment of their passing game might have suggested they should move on from anyway.

I thought Miami played Houston for suckers in the Tunsil trade as did Arizona.

If Houston keeps this up by tamely acceding to Watson's trade requests IMO it will be proof their ownership hasn't learned anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Should say if I am trading with the 9ers or Panthers I do want their QB as part of the deal because I am probably out of position to draft one.

Well, there is the point that roughly 2/3 of even first round draft picks don't work out, and some need a bit of time to adjust.

And some break their leg or tear their ACL or something

So a backup plan who has showed some ability to play on an NFL football field is not the worst notion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1