Is anybody talking about the 2021 schedule?

eball

eball - thanks for posting.  What a difference a year makes.  Not only a stronger looking Bills team but an easier looking schedule.  Should be favorites in all but 3 or 4 of the matchups (KC, Tampa, Tenn, maybe NO).

Hope to contend for the bye.  A major problem with that is KC has a somewhat soft schedule too.  KC plays the NFC East, although they do get the Ravens and Browns.  And unfortunately the Bills play KC away.  Would really like to get that bye and home field advantage in a non-covid year.

And P.S. - to all those who say it's too early to talk, please just refrain from posting.  Everyone knows it's early, we all know things can change, and yet several of us would like to discuss it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

eball - thanks for posting.  What a difference a year makes.  Not only a stronger looking Bills team but an easier looking schedule.  Should be favorites in all but 3 or 4 of the matchups (KC, Tampa, Tenn, maybe NO).

Hope to contend for the bye.  A major problem with that is KC has a somewhat soft schedule too.  KC plays the NFC East, although they do get the Ravens and Browns.  And unfortunately the Bills play KC away.  Would really like to get that bye and home field advantage in a non-covid year.

And P.S. - to all those who say it's too early to talk, please just refrain from posting.  Everyone knows it's early, we all know things can change, and yet several of us would like to discuss it.

The smart people on the board are just trying to save you from wasting your time. 

Just lookin out....

We all love each other.

Like... LOVE love.

You can't look at a list of teams, think about them in terms of what kind of season they just had, and conclude how we will do against them next year.

It doesn't work that way.

Everyone will be different and we won't know who is good, bad, and mediocre until the season unfolds

Just like every year.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:15 PM, eball said:

I just looked at it today and I’m psyched.

Home: AFC East, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indy

Road: AFC East, New Orleans, Tampa, KC, Jacksonville, Tennessee

The home schedule looks like 7-1 at worst. The road schedule is tougher for sure but there are several good travel games. 

Too early to guess

need to see pkayer moves

does Brady retire in they win?

Brees retire?

UFA snd draft moves?

Atlanta and Carolina lost a bunch of close games. Either team coukd have made the playoffs. Atlanta had5 loses in the last few minutes where they led, a coup,e others they could have won having the ball in 4 th down by a score.

jacksonville gets a new QBs..go we get them early or late, do we p,at the rookie in his first or second game

who will ab houston? Indy? Miami? New England? Jets?

19 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

KC does not

division rivals improve

den and la QBs get better with more experience

tgey play nfc north where PIT, CLE, and BAL ( at baltimore)  will not be gummies. Going into cincinati with Burtiw...that’s a game Cindy will have circled. Not eady.

nfc east will be better

dallas shoukd have QBs back 

giants shoukd be better with Rob back and QBs with moreexperience

washington will be difgicult if they improve off

phikadelphia is a wildcard.

KC won something like 9+ games by one score with more than half of those teams had the ball down by a score late in the 4th. KC could end up just 10-6 next year, make playoffs, but as a 3-4 seed

5 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Anyone else gonna try to go to the Jax FL. game?  Going to try to take my wife and son.  Would like to sit w/ some other bills fans.

depends on whrn it is? Everyone  Vaccinated?

they play in Nashville next year. Would go there ( brother lives there..went two years ago) depending on when it is.

5 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

depends on whrn it is? Everyone  Vaccinated?

they play in Nashville next year. Would go there ( brother lives there..went two years ago) depending on when it is.

I mean, it is Florida, so there will be a large group that are not vaccinated but we will be. ha

Science tends to be a evil word here.

Edited by Lagoon Blues
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

KC does not

division rivals improve

den and la QBs get better with more experience

tgey play nfc north where PIT, CLE, and BAL ( at baltimore)  will not be gummies. Going into cincinati with Burtiw...that’s a game Cindy will have circled. Not eady.

nfc east will be better

dallas shoukd have QBs back 

giants shoukd be better with Rob back and QBs with moreexperience

washington will be difgicult if they improve off

phikadelphia is a wildcard.

KC won something like 9+ games by one score with more than half of those teams had the ball down by a score late in the 4th. KC could end up just 10-6 next year, make playoffs, but as a 3-4 seed

Have to disagree with you.  KC's schedule is soft.  The NFC East is by far the worst division in football.  KC should easily sweep them.  Looks to me that KC will be favorites in every game on their schedule next year.

While we tried to have ourselves believe that whole close game thing, we now know better, KC is a quality team.  Pretty much the best in the NFL right now.

Of course things can always happen, another hard hit on Mahomes and the concussion thing can change the whole dynamic.  But outside of that, IMO, yes Pitt is pretty much a gimme for them, and Cincy can circle the game all they want, they will still get destroyed.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

Have to disagree with you.  KC's schedule is soft.  The NFC East is by far the worst division in football.  KC should easily sweep them.  Looks to me that KC will be favorites in every game on their schedule next year.

While we tried to have ourselves believe that whole close game thing, we now know better, KC is a quality team.  Pretty much the best in the NFL right now.

Of course things can always happen, another hard hit on Mahomes and the concussion thing can change the whole dynamic.  But outside of that, IMO, yes Pitt is pretty much a gimme for them, and Cincy can circle the game all they want, they will still get destroyed.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

you need to rework your theory of relativity....

KC plays 5 of the 6 AFC playoff teams this year.

they play the Chargers and Raiders who are likely going to be teams in the playoff discussion next year.

shall we go back over the years of playoff turnover recently and say there are probably going to be a few teams that make jumps...a couple from the nfc east will be on that list.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, Augie said:

I’m THRILLED we get Nashville again! Great time in a great city (and easy travel). 

I hope to make the home opener with the family and Nashville, Covid permitting. I may make up for games missed last year and hit an extra game or two to compensate. New Orleans looks fun (they will have new QB issues, I assume), and I’ve always wanted to experience a game in KC. I want to see their tailgate as it reminds me a bit of Bills fans. That’s a good thing. 

As for wins and losses, there is not a team on that list that I don’t think we can beat. PERIOD. That is not to say we will go undefeated, but every team there is going to look at our week as a tough game.  Lightyears from the days when other teams and their fans felt we were an easy win! 

Not only does the schedule look a bit easier (which can admittedly be deceiving), but our home field advantage will be improved if our fans are there in force. Few teams can rival our home field advantage due to our AWESOME fans!!!

EDIT: Games in Tampa or Jacksonville would be VERY appealing late in the season, but I’ll never go to a game in Florida again in September. It’s odd, because I would play tennis or walk around town in the same weather, but I sat there and just baked in the sun and heat in both cities and swore I’d never do it again! It can be BRUTAL if you’re not lucky. Not trying to0 talk our fans out of representing, I just learned my lesson. 

Try living in the gulf coast region year round...the heat is brutal. Though we don't see any cold that comes close to you guys.

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Try living in the gulf coast region year round...the heat is brutal. Though we don't see any cold that comes close to you guys.

That was kinda my point. I guess I should have mentioned I lived in Sarasota,FL for 18 years on the Gulf Coast. THAT is where I could play tennis in the middle of the afternoon and think nothing of it.  But I could NOT go 50 miles up the road and sit in the stands baking at a Buc’s game. There’s something about being crammed in there BAKING that makes it FAR worse than just going about life.

I was in Sarasota all of last week and my biggest goal in life is to move back there. The wife hates heat so we’d probably need to take a break in the mountains late in the summer. Like winters up north, the worst part of summer in the south isn’t as much severity as that it seems like it will just never end! 

• Like (+1) 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/full-list-2021-buffalo-bills-174013453.html

HOME

Falcon's 2020 record: 4-12

Rankings (yards per game):

Offense: 368.4 (18th)

Defense: 398.4 (29th)

Colts 2020 record: 4-12  some idiot had a typo  11-5

Offense: 378.1 (10th)

Defense: 332.1 (8th)

Stillers 2020 record: 12-4

Offense: 334.6 (25th)

Defense: 305.8 (3rd)

Texans 2020 record: 4-12

Offense: 375.3 (13th)

Defense: 416.8 (30th)

Panthers 2020 record: 5-11

Offense: 349.5 (21st)

Defense: 360.1 (18th)

You can click the link for the away game 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

21 hours ago, djp14150 said:

you need to rework your theory of relativity....

KC plays 5 of the 6 AFC playoff teams this year.

they play the Chargers and Raiders who are likely going to be teams in the playoff discussion next year.

shall we go back over the years of playoff turnover recently and say there are probably going to be a few teams that make jumps...a couple from the nfc east will be on that list.

I think you need to revisit your schedule rankings. 

KC's schedule is pretty soft.  They play the NFC East - the softest division in the league.  They should be around 7 point favorites in each of those games.  Please note that of the 5 AFC playoff teams you mention, 3 of them got there by romping through the NFC East last year.  We've been talking about the Bills soft schedule, KC's schedule is of similar strength.

And yes, of course there is playoff turnover.  A good case could be made for the Raiders or Chargers to be in the playoff mix next year - in large part because they have the soft NFC East games on their schedule - not because they are going to challenge KC.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:44 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I said about a month ago 2021 is the best shot for the Bills to go deep as they have a pretty easy schedule facing the AFC south and NFC south.  Excluding AFC East games as play them every year, the only really tough games I see is Indy at home and maybe Pitt, and At Tampa, KC, and Tenn.  But one of these years Brady will finally look his age.

Forgot to add in Washington at a location to be determined.

I keep reading the thread and I see with some surprise, almost no-one sees any issue with usfacing not one but TWO Super bowl 2020 teams, and IN THE ROAD, nonetheless....just sayin´🙃

Edited by BuffaLoko
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

I keep reading the thread and I see with some surprise, almost no-one sees any issue with usfacing not one but TWO Super bowl 2020 teams, and IN THE ROAD, nonetheless....just sayin´🙃

Yes it's an issue, but other than those two games, what other games really scare you?  Could see them losing one of the Miami games.  Will they likely go 15-1, no but could see them again going 13-3 or so.  As mentioned KC plays NFC East so that's a break, but also play AFC North which isn't so easy.

BTW we faced two SB teams this past year and also the two that were in the SB the year prior.  Since we finished in 2nd the year prior, we lucked out a little by not playing Baltimore regular season, instead played Pitt, but the 2nd place finish also game us the toughest matchup this past year in AFC South against Tenn.  Other than playing the NFC East and AFC south, couldn't imagine how they could have an easier schedule.

Every year teams that are expected to do very well falter and their are surprises that play better too.  This year in most eyes, Buffalo was one of the surprises as few saw them going 13-3. Next year the Bills could be the surprise team that falters too.  But if that were to happen, I'm not going to say I'm not surprised due to the schedule we were playing.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:15 PM, eball said:

I just looked at it today and I’m psyched.

Home: AFC East, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indy

Road: AFC East, New Orleans, Tampa, KC, Jacksonville, Tennessee

The home schedule looks like 7-1 at worst. The road schedule is tougher for sure but there are several good travel games. 

in every game but one or two I’m like “our QB is way better”.  It’s a good feeling. 

• Like (+1) 2