Is anybody talking about the 2021 schedule?

eball

BTW, if any of you guys come to Tampa next year, I’ll meet up with any TBDers for an adult beverage (on you of course 🤪). TBH though I may be relocating back to Buffalo for another position in my field in the coming months.  Still tbd, but I must be the only guy living in Tampa that would be excited living back in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’ve got a real sneaky feeling we will be playing KC week 1 and to open the season if they win the Super Bowl.

Chiefs home schedule for 2021 (non-division opponents) is the Bills, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants. They could go with the Browns. A playoff rematch from a competitive game. It doesn't matter if the Steelers, Cowboys, Giants are good or bad. Those teams always get on primetime. Big market and/or teams with national appeal that bring in strong ratings. The Bills are certainly in the mix. They will definitely get their share of primetime games.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I would not be against getting that out of the way week 1. I would certainly rather play them early than late.

If we are going to get where we want to go, I’d like to play them early AND late. 

Two observations: First, that’s way less travel than in 2020. The farthest west they go is KC. Second, so that’s what a playoff team’s opponents look like? Yikes...those are some pretty tough road opponents! Looks to me like the Bills are gonna be on national TV quite a lot in 2021. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Much easier than 2020 is my conclusion. 

Genuine chance of 8-0 at home. Trickier on the road but KC, Tenn and Tampa are the only three with a claim to be in that top tier of teams where the Bills belong (given the Saints don't have a QB and are in cap hell). 

Bills should comfortably win double digit games again and to be honest 12 or 13 wins looks very achievable.

Very good point. I would not be against getting that out of the way week 1. I would certainly rather play them early than late.

I think if the Bills play at KC week 1, that is a huge driver for them in the offseason to be able to immediately go back to the field where they felt devastated and “avenge” the loss if you will. No, a week 1 win isn’t the same as winning the AFC. But it would mean a lot to to them to start the season with getting that off their back. If they were to lose the game, however, it might be worse than if they played them some random point in the season. 

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

We’re 0-2 against Mahomes......we have to win 1 before we call it a rivalry. We haven’t had much success against Reid’s Chiefs lately ......1 win in 6 games.....McDermott 1-2.

True - though I always saw the Pats as our biggest rival prior to this year, and they owned the Bills for 2 decades.  I guess I'm thinking more from a one-sided perspective, and who our biggest obstacle is.

I almost forgot the recent Chiefs games during the drought - the Tuel pick 6, and then the fumble at the endzone a year later, both of which likely turned wins into losses.

Gotta beat that team. I'll be very interested in the game next season. They're definitely a measuring stick for us at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

True - though I always saw the Pats as our biggest rival prior to this year, and they owned the Bills for 2 decades.  I guess I'm thinking more from a one-sided perspective, and who our biggest obstacle is.

I almost forgot the recent Chiefs games during the drought - the Tuel pick 6, and then the fumble at the endzone a year later, both of which likely turned wins into losses.

Gotta beat that team. I'll be very interested in the game next season. They're definitely a measuring stick for us at this point.

During that time (Pats dynasty) I bet nobody from the division made it to their top 5 rivals list for them. The Ravens, Colts, Steelers, Broncos, and even the Giants were their biggest rivals.  The Bills, Jets, Dolphins were three little speed bumps the Pats drove over six times a year on their way to winning the division. Thankfully times have changed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, eball said:

I just looked at it today and I’m psyched.

Home: AFC East, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indy

Road: AFC East, New Orleans, Tampa, KC, Jacksonville, Tennessee

The home schedule looks like 7-1 at worst. The road schedule is tougher for sure but there are several good travel games. 

Nobody knows how any of these teams will be next year yet, so the toughness/easiness of the schedule at this point is moot.

My wife and I have never been to Nashville. We have heard nothing but very good things about Nashville. Plus, we have good friends who have a house there. But when we checked the opponents, and saw an away game against New Orleans, we looked at each other and said, "we're going". We love NOLA.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Nobody knows how any of these teams will be next year yet, so the toughness/easiness of the schedule at this point is moot.

The thread is on its 3rd page so I'd beg to differ on your last point.  There are lots of things we already know about teams on the schedule:

1. Jets have a new HC and QB uncertainty
  2. Pats*** have QB uncertainty
  3. Fish will have a new OC and QB is still a ?
  4. Atlanta will have a new HC
  5. Carolina has QB uncertainty and is still rebuilding
  6. Jacksonville will have a new HC and rookie QB
  7. Houston is a tire fire
  8. Pittsburgh has QB uncertainty
  9. Indy has QB uncertainty
  10. New Orleans has QB uncertainty and is in cap hell

There are only three games on the schedule against teams who look to be in "good shape" -- KC, Tampa, Tennessee

But thanks for responding!

Edited by eball

This offseason there's way too much change coming to know how good any team will really be.

Where does Watson land?

How good will Trevor Lawrence be as a rookie?

The Colts were good with Rivers as their QB.... what if they get Stafford?

And then we get into our division.  I don't expect the Patriots to be as bad as they were next year.  What if the hoodie does something like get Jimmy G back with him?  

We were 13-3 this year.  I expect us to make the playoffs next year and have a record of 11-5 or greater, but we need to see what offseason moves occur for us and the rest of the NFL making before we start circling wins and losses.

Holy crap.

New England, Miami, New York Jets, Carolina, Houston, Indy, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh. Depending on where Watson and Stafford land 12 out of our 16 games could be against some very suspect QB's either 1st or 2nd year guys still developing or some bad vets. 

Defense might regain their 2019 form.