Is anybody talking about the 2021 schedule?

eball

6 hours ago, eball said:

I just looked at it today and I’m psyched.

Home: AFC East, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indy

Road: AFC East, New Orleans, Tampa, KC, Jacksonville, Tennessee

The home schedule looks like 7-1 at worst. The road schedule is tougher for sure but there are several good travel games. 

Much easier than 2020 is my conclusion. 

Genuine chance of 8-0 at home. Trickier on the road but KC, Tenn and Tampa are the only three with a claim to be in that top tier of teams where the Bills belong (given the Saints don't have a QB and are in cap hell). 

Bills should comfortably win double digit games again and to be honest 12 or 13 wins looks very achievable.

6 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’ve got a real sneaky feeling we will be playing KC week 1 and to open the season if they win the Super Bowl.

Very good point. I would not be against getting that out of the way week 1. I would certainly rather play them early than late.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Every season is different. Our team will be different and all those other teams will be too.

But I don't think it will get anywhere near as tough a schedule as this past season was.

And I expect the Bills will be playing with a chip on their shoulder all season.

MJS, I mentioned something the other day in getting ready for championship weekend.  The SOS prior to the season starting among various organization was either 5th or 6th depending upon the source.  Post season our schedule for 2020 was posted after the games were played was 15th or 16th depending upon the outlet.

It just reminded me you can only trust those SOS articles so much.  I’m not saying you or anyone else is carrying any weight with you guys.  Just reminds me to take just as a referencing point.  On paper it looks like Tampa, KC, Steelers maybe, Indy, and TN could be a challenge.  I didn’t add NO as how do you predict how well they will play without Brees (assuming he retires).  Could the Steelers nosedive with Ben falling even farther off in performance and does the Steelers want to retain him at his cost as its astronomical in 2021.  Could Brady retire if he wins the SB.  Probably not, but you never know.  Without Rivers, are the Colts going to be as strong?

No one knows, and eball thanks for the thread.  I’ve put off starting this thread until after the season so appreciate it.  The last part is how good will the Bills play in 2021.  I guess we’ll know a lot more after free agency and the draft.  We should have a better handle once we know who is in and off the team.  One thing that is the brutal truth 😂 is I believe completely McBeane will figure it out.  They are shrewd and history dictates they will continue to make good decisions.

In McBeane we trust.

I also think the Bills have gone Prime Time and see at least 4 night games.   Maybe 5?

Much of the road "out of division" schedule looks, at this time, like marquee matchups.  

Edited by CNYfan
grammar

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

14-3.  Losses @KC and @TN.  One unexpected home loss.  Maybe the Pats.

Blasphemy Doc, the Pats?  😄  I agree with you there will always be unexpected losses.  Remember this year, everyone was commenting before the Titans that we would win because we beat them in 19, even though it barely against Marriotta.  I guess this is why I don’t bet on football.  Too many variable makes it too risky.  A case in point the 4-11 Dolphins beat the Pats in week 17 of 2019.  Anyone predict that one.

It should be a fun year.  Sad this one’s over, but only 1 fan base is happy every year.

Go Bills!

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Blasphemy Doc, the Pats?  😄  I agree with you there will always be unexpected losses.  Remember this year, everyone was commenting before the Titans that we would win because we beat them in 19, even though it barely against Marriotta.  I guess this is why I don’t bet on football.  Too many variable makes it too risky.  A case in point the 4-11 Dolphins beat the Pats in week 17 of 2019.  Anyone predict that one.

It should be a fun year.  Sad this one’s over, but only 1 fan base is happy every year.

Go Bills!

My thinking behind that is the NFL likes to schedule divisional games the last game of the season so we'd have nothing to play for entrenched in that #2 seed behind KC.   Maybe they foolishly schedule us at home week 18 against the Pats thinking it could decide the fate of the AFC East.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, eball said:

I just looked at it today and I’m psyched.

Home: AFC East, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indy

Road: AFC East, New Orleans, Tampa, KC, Jacksonville, Tennessee

The home schedule looks like 7-1 at worst. The road schedule is tougher for sure but there are several good travel games. 

8-0 at home

14-2 or 15-3 if they toss in the extra game

By the way, regarding the projections are missing something.  Does anyone know?  Guess.  Yep, that’s right, it’s a 17 game season.  Better redo all you’re projections.  

Me, it’s 20-0 baby!  

Mark the tape!

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I know, I know.  Go get the bag of feathers...

You have the tar?

H2O, this is on the AFC rotation.  In 2018, the last time we played the AFCS, the game was home, not in TN.  Now in 2019 we had the same ranking for the South vs. East, and we were at home for the Broncos that year.  Why the schedulers chose the Broncos at home and TN away is probably not high on their priorities.

If it helps bud, they’ll have to come to Buffalo in 2024.  Just to try and drive you nuts (just kidding), those sick son of a guns if we finish winning the East and they win the South, guess where are playing in 2022?  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

My thinking behind that is the NFL likes to schedule divisional games the last game of the season so we'd have nothing to play for entrenched in that #2 seed behind KC.   Maybe they foolishly schedule us at home week 18 against the Pats thinking it could decide the fate of the AFC East.  

Actually its usually the last two weeks of the season most teams play within their division. Its not 100% of the time though. I dont think there is any predetermined rotation. I suspect it will be Miami week 18