The more I think about it the more I realize ertz needs to be a Bill

Adamb412

On 2/16/2021 at 10:54 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

4 drops on 44 targets 

22 targets were received

4 were called dropped passes

2 fumbles .. 1 of which he was totally responsible for

But...

the year before he had 10 dropped passes.

he had a few tipped passes that went for int.

but he went from 10 dropped passes to 4. from a year ago.

we should continue to hope he improves with the same hopes we can do better at some point,,, maybe next year,,

This is a thread about Ertz. 

What player are you talking about?  Be polite, use a name.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 17/02/2021 at 5:05 PM, NewEra said:

He’s an upgrade over Dawson Knox.  He’s an upgrade over Sweeney and Gilliam.

if you disagree, I believe that he’s better than you think he is.  Pretty cut and dry.  

Is he an upgrade? Really? He was terrible last season. 

On 17/02/2021 at 5:27 PM, NewEra said:

After reading this thread, I would assume the nfl FOs would realize that Ertz is washed up.  While I disagree with that sentiment, I do think Jonnu will cost around 9-10M aav and will cost more than Ertz. 

I'd rather pay for a clear upgrade, and a long term one at that which Smith is vs Ertz who still leaves you needing to fix the position and sign a starting TE

On 15/02/2021 at 2:04 PM, HeHateMe said:

Ertz is washed, don't really have any interest in him.  

I struggle to see how anyone who watched him last season can disagree. 

7 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Is he an upgrade? Really? He was terrible last season. 

I'd rather pay for a clear upgrade, and a long term one at that which Smith is vs Ertz who still leaves you needing to fix the position and sign a starting TE

I struggle to see how anyone who watched him last season can disagree. 

Yes....IMO.....he’s an upgrade over Dawson Knox.  The guy had one bad season and was clearly hampered by injury.  You said that you watched him.....you don’t think his injury...and having the worst qb and OL in football had something to do with his regression?  Or is he all of a sudden just bad at the age of 30 after a great career. 

Maybe he is done....but just maybe, you’re jumping the gun and overreacting based on one injury plagued season.  Depending on his contract, I’d like to sign him, but I don’t think we will.  

I certainly think he’s better than Knox..... and I like Knox.  Josh likely feels the same as he seemed to avoid throwing Knox the ball several times in the AFCCG while being wide open. Possibly because he doesn’t trust him.  Can’t blame him

Edited by NewEra

It was speculated today Ertz is a likely cap cut from Kirwan on NFLR, MTC.  I don’t know.  Might be worth a look.  I understand his lack of production in 2020, but he was injured most of the year.  Prior years he was rated the third best TE behind, Kittle, and Kelce.  The team docs have to determine whether he is worth it.  It’s not any different than our J. Brown who was a 1000 WR in 19, but had persistent ankle knee injuries in 20.  Is Brown now crap or was he just banged up.  IDK on either guy.  

If Ertz was healthy and can reproduce his previous success, he could be worth it on a Covid cap year on a friendly deal.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1