I have complete confidence that Beane will find a impact player with that 30th pick

On 1/27/2021 at 6:57 PM, DCbillsfan said:

Beane will find a playmaker with speed.  My guess is WR.

Yeah I think WR or CB. The WR Corp is deep this year but I believe we go speed as well. But I also think we under utilized McKenzie his entire career here. He would have been a complement to Diggs Brown N Beasley no knock on Davis at all but I believe we could have got more out of the Joystick then we did.

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Would love this, but i already had a feeling he wouldnt make it to 30, and the Sr bowl seems like its going to gas his stock heavily. Guys going to be this years Henry Ruggs of the draft

He might tho, there this is a deep WR group and they are predicting 4 QBs could go in the first which will help push some down. Waddle, chase, the kid from Purdue and a few others all have higher grades. But you never know what will happen. 

Edited by Rebel101
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2021 at 10:20 AM, ScottLaw said:

I thought he played better as the season went on. He's a solid 2nd option out of the backfield.  That's not really my point though. 

Just dont think you burn a 3rd round pick on a guy who is easily replaceable and wasn't really the complimentary back this team need IMO. They needed a speed back to compliment motor. Moss and Motor are basically the same type of back. 

I would argue that Yeldon is a solid #2, Moss really hasn't shown that yet. He isn't the bruiser they marketed and lacks the speed to be a real evasive guy at the NFL level. 

On 1/28/2021 at 10:21 AM, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Alabama RG Deonte Brown

1) Resign Daryl Williams

2) Let Feliciano walk

3) Draft RG Deonte Brown

2021 Bills OL

LT Dion Dawkins

LG Ike Boettger / Cody Ford

C Mitch Morse

RG Deonte Brown

RT Daryl Williams

Cody Ford is really slow out of his stance and seems to lack power. I don't think he should be on the field, but definitely not at LG. 

On 1/28/2021 at 10:55 PM, Bob in STL said:

Agree.  

Definitely can find a Guard at 30 that could be a dominant player.  Maybe a strong talented gaurd, with Feliciano at Center, and a healthy, improved Ford at the other guard - maybe that and more commitment could break open the running game?  

If they are thinking BPA adding a corner is another possibility.   

Would love to strengthen the DL but the premium on DL, especially pass rushers, tells me better value might be at these other positions.   

RB can be addressed in later picks and in free agency.  I would love to see them add a back that could catch, and run after catch.   

Im not sure about Ford, so far he's a bust, maybe he can better but right now i want somebody else.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Im not sure about Ford, so far he's a bust, maybe he can better but right now i want somebody else.

He will start on the line somewhere next year. There are moving parts their but Beane even states that Ford is one of their best 5 and will be in there somewhere. Boettger is a RFA and Williams is a FA. Is Williams is resigned I think Ford plays RG. If Williams is gone and they can’t find an adequate replacement, Ford goes back to RT. If Ike is gone too, I could see him at LG where he played well before getting hurt. Ford is a raw, unrefined player, but the upside is there. 

18 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He will start on the line somewhere next year. There are moving parts their but Beane even states that Ford is one of their best 5 and will be in there somewhere. Boettger is a RFA and Williams is a FA. Is Williams is resigned I think Ford plays RG. If Williams is gone and they can’t find an adequate replacement, Ford goes back to RT. If Ike is gone too, I could see him at LG where he played well before getting hurt. Ford is a raw, unrefined player, but the upside is there. 

If i see Ford at RT i might puke.

My early guess is that McBeane will do whatever it takes to get Etienne.

He is a faster version of Thurman.

And I think they will have to jump ahead of the Jets to get him.

Or they could shock us all and make a blockbuster trade for Elliott. The Bills have a history of making a big trade for a star RB.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

My early guess is that McBeane will do whatever it takes to get Etienne.

He is a faster version of Thurman.

And I think they will have to jump ahead of the Jets to get him.

Or they could shock us all and make a blockbuster trade for Elliott. The Bills have a history of making a big trade for a star RB.

Gee. they going to give up there 2nd as well to jump the Jets??

Nah... 

• Like (+1) 1

Need speed on offense. We need to compete with the Chiefs via offensive pieces not trying to stop them on D. That doesn't work. You aren't going to beat them by keeping them to 20 points. You are going to beat them by winning 38-35.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

All-Pro guards Zack Martin and Quenton Nelson say hello.

I hear ya, but this draft offers nothing remotely close to those 2 cats.

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

I hear ya, but this draft offers nothing remotely close to those 2 cats.

I'm thinking WR,RB, CB, or LB.....

On 1/27/2021 at 10:22 PM, FireChans said:

An amazing coincidence. Almost like our newly hired HC used to work there

and knew who they may have been targeting.

No Gm was dumb enough to be "targeting" Zay Jones.

The guy caught a zillion passes for a G5 school.  And played mostly slot.

he didnt have elite measurables.

Bills drafted him because one of his college coaches had just been hired as Bills WR coach, and he convinced Waley that Zay was the next coming of Jerry Rice.  Or maybe Jesus Christ.  I forget which.

It was obvious Bills needed a #1 WR at that pick.  I wanted them to draft Chris Godwin, who had the production, measurables, and terrific ball skills.

• Like (+1) 1