I have complete confidence that Beane will find a impact player with that 30th pick

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I doubt it. At least not with the 30th pick..... he played in two games this season returning from an ACL tear from 2019.... he’s probably a late 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

the only reason he’ll be available at 30 is because he hardly played at all this year. Guaranteed to go Top 50.

• Like (+1) 1

Picking as low as we will, I would like to see us trading down a lot and acquiring more picks.

This is a good draft to do it in with us picking so late anyway in all the rounds.

To the OP: Of course we go for best player available, to a degree, but we better not take a RB with our first pick...or 2nd....

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m not kidding myself.  I don’t know.  I’m

not pretending to know.  I’ll leave that up to everyone else.  

Fine, you don't know.

Thing is, everyone else really does know. It didn't happen that way. Neither guy is the absolute snake in the grass that this move would require.

18 hours ago, FireChans said:

DC’s don’t scout during the season, but they are privy to the entire process. 

Why are we pretending that A. Beane was running the draft illegally for a place he wasn’t hired at yet and B. There is zero chance that the former DC had no insider information?

the silliest argument ever.

Did McDermott maybe get some info, when he was still working at Carolina, about what they thought of some college guys? Sure.

But while you're right that he was privy to it, I'm privy to my wife's shopping list, and yet I find that life is too short and busy to worry about it. Same w/ McDermott and this situation. Could he have found stuff out while still in Carolina? Sure. Would he have spent anything more than the odd minute or two here and there in casual conversation? No. If there's one thing we know about McDermott, it's that he is absolutely buttoned down and ruthless about his time management, that that is an absolute foundation for him of his principles.

I mean, someone on here said something about how all signs point towards him drafting some of the guys the Bills drafted that year.

And that is flat-out nuts.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 1/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, John from Riverside said:

T. White was in that area of the draft.........Beane found him....he can do it again.

The key is to not get boxed in a specific position......ie. if Running Back is the best value.......go with running back......if linebacker is the best player available.....go there

Sounds like a possibility that he might trade down

4 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

We 100% need to affect the quarterback rushing four.  We need pass rushers.

AND a press-man, physical CB

This makes total sense to me. Also wouldn't mind a big nickel or a TE or speed receiver who looks like a gadget guy now but might eventually become far more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Did McDermott maybe get some info, when he was still working at Carolina, about what they thought of some college guys? Sure.

But while you're right that he was privy to it, I'm privy to my wife's shopping list, and yet I find that life is too short and busy to worry about it. Same w/ McDermott and this situation. Could he have found stuff out while still in Carolina? Sure. Would he have spent anything more than the odd minute or two here and there in casual conversation? No. If there's one thing we know about McDermott, it's that he is absolutely buttoned down and ruthless about his time management, that that is an absolute foundation for him of his principles.

I mean, someone on here said something about how all signs point towards him drafting some of the guys the Bills drafted that year.

Yeah no.

Sean McDermott probably pays more attention to the process than you do your shopping list. He was a DC with HC aspirations and entirely detail oriented.

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t have confidence...so far Beane has missed with his last two top draft choices...

Well...I think Oliver is a little better than his numbers show. He was playing out of position a lot this year and missed Star taking on doubles. I’m not ready to write him off yet. 

Epenesa, though?  Wow. Hated the pick on draft night and hate it even worse now. This guy is not a speed rusher and it irritates me that they asked him to drop weight to try to become one. If they wanted a speed rusher why didn’t they just draft one or sign one?  

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Fine, you don't know.

Thing is, everyone else really does know. It didn't happen that way. Neither guy is the absolute snake in the grass that this move would require.

you think you know.  

carry on.

Where is Jarrett Patterson (ub rb) projected to go? Common sense tells me theyd have him scouted better than anyone.  Feels like a guy who could slide down boards simply for being in the MAAC. Not saying we definitely should but could be a sneaky pick if we go OL early or miss on the first tier of rbs @ pick 30

23 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Of course. And as a DC, he sure as hell wasn't scouting Temple OTs and East Carolina wide receivers. 

Moss is a lot better than you're giving him credit for. He looked good for the most part. And he's just a rookie anyway.

Moss was the 44th leading rusher in the nfl last year.   Look at all the rookies who had limited playing time and finished ahead of him.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:43 AM, BadboyBills said:

Read about this kid WR Kadarius Toney from Florida. Being compared to none other then that guy who burned our butts last Sunday. If he's still there at 30, I dont know how we dont as he's already turning heads at the senior bowl, definitely rising fast. Also, check the vid of him absolutely schooling a CB in practice the other day. Pretty awesome! I would be very happy with this pick.

www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/top-2021-nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-reeses-senior-bowl-najee-harris-kadarius-toney-highlight-the-list/amp/

"When reviewing scouting reports, the breakdown does not always match the grade. In the case of Toney, the grade may not be high enough. He is fast, agile and elusive. NFL teams can use him on jet sweeps, wide receiver screens and in a variety of other ways, similar to Tyreek Hill in Kansas City."

Would love this, but i already had a feeling he wouldnt make it to 30, and the Sr bowl seems like its going to gas his stock heavily. Guys going to be this years Henry Ruggs of the draft

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Moss was the 44th leading rusher in the nfl last year.   Look at all the rookies who had limited playing time and finished ahead of him.

I get the numbers; I’m referring to the eyeball test. He regularly breaks tackles and gets positive yardage, is clearly tough, and has good vision. He’s not a speedster, but he’s fast enough. As for his counting stats, he spent most of the season as the number 2, although by late in the season he seemed to be the primary back. 

• Dislike 1

23 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Of course. And as a DC, he sure as hell wasn't scouting Temple OTs and East Carolina wide receivers. 

Moss is a lot better than you're giving him credit for. He looked good for the most part. And he's just a rookie anyway.

No but youd think he was respected enough, as someone moving up the ranks, to be privileged to sit in on some meetings, or have seen the draft board in progress as they built it over the year

I like Demetric Felton as a late day 2, or day 3 option. Has experience at receiver and running back. Adds speed and a dynamic skill set and was at a program that doesn’t seem to know how to use its talent.

Another is Hamsah Nasirildeen. I think they go after hun in the 2nd round. His stock will rise during pro-days and from senior bowl. Again, comes from a program that didn’t know how to utilize their talent 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I get the numbers; I’m referring to the eyeball test. He regularly breaks tackles and gets positive yardage, is clearly tough, and has good vision. He’s not a speedster, but he’s fast enough. As for his counting stats, he spent most of the season as the number 2, although by late in the season he seemed to be the primary back. 

Moss is going to surprise people next year. Alot of missed reps in training camp and playing second fiddle to Devin Prius Singletary.  He started to really show something late in the year, where a rookie in a normal year probable wouldve seen that many reps by end of pre season.  Hes a physical specimen, his body is going to react so strongly to an NFL strength and conditioning offseason.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Beane was hired literally ten days after the draft, which means conversations were well underway beforehand and most likely well before the draft.

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Moss is going to surprise people next year. Alot of missed reps in training camp and playing second fiddle to Devin Prius Singletary.  He started to really show something late in the year, where a rookie in a normal year probable wouldve seen that many reps by end of pre season.  Hes a physical specimen, his body is going to react so strongly to an NFL strength and conditioning offseason.

Agreed. He’s going to surprise the dime-a-dozen folks.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1