I have complete confidence that Beane will find a impact player with that 30th pick

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You know McD used to work there too, right?

Of course. And as a DC, he sure as hell wasn't scouting Temple OTs and East Carolina wide receivers. 

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I said dime a dozen backs.

I actually wanted CEH but figured he wouldn't be there in the 2nd. Dobbins was my next choice. Moss is just too slow footed and could be easily replaced by an UDFA or cheap FA.... hell I thought Yeldon was the best overall back on the team. 

Moss is a lot better than you're giving him credit for. He looked good for the most part. And he's just a rookie anyway.

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I have no idea what Beane thinks. I've said repeatedly outside of Josh Allen who was an incredible pick his drafts have been pretty average. 

Never did I say Moss shouldn't have been drafted at all nor do I think drafting Moss sets the franchise back in any way. My opinion is you don't use a 3rd round pick on a back you could easily replace with an UDFA or cheap FA. 

Yes you did.  If you can replace a 3rd round pick EASILY with a UDFA or cheap FA then you are firmly stating he's a wasted pick.  Not only a wasted pick but someone that shouldn't be drafted at all.  

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I thought he played better as the season went on. He's a solid 2nd option out of the backfield.  That's not really my point though. 

Just dont think you burn a 3rd round pick on a guy who is easily replaceable and wasn't really the complimentary back this team need IMO. They needed a speed back to compliment motor. Moss and Motor are basically the same type of back. 

These guys aren't as replaceable as you might think. Look around the league at all of the bad RB situations. Just look at the Rams last year and in the second half of 2018: Gurley gets hurt, and they have no answer. Cam Akers in the second was a great pick for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Correct, I don't know this. It's not just me, it's everybody. Except a few nuts on these boards who love crazy conspiracy theories.

Doing this would be a crime. It would be unethical. And it would be a thing that neither of these guys would do. Much less would McDermott then hire a guy who he knew would be willing to betray him when his back was turned. Hiring Beane after seeing that he was willing to lie and betray his employer would be acting as stupid as the guy who marries the woman who he met by getting her to cheat on her last husband. There are plenty of slowcoaches around who do that kind of thing. But they're addle-pated and you can find a huge majority of them wandering around with their head in their hands a year or two later, saying, "How could I have known she'd cheat on me?"

But again, kid yourself if you have to. But pretty much everyone else is going to look at who these guys are and what they stand for and know to expect behavior from them that's congruent with who they are. But plenty of others don't let common sense hold them back. It's fair enough, though it will contribute to being wrong much more often than not.

I’m not kidding myself.  I don’t know.  I’m

not pretending to know.  I’ll leave that up to everyone else.  

Tre was not Beane. But providing McD with credit there would give you the below draft picks made by the regime in this late 1st to early 2nd rage.

Tre White

Zay Jones

Cody Ford

AJ Epenesa

What does this mean? Who knows. Could be a starter or a guy that barely dresses. 

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Of course. And as a DC, he sure as hell wasn't scouting Temple OTs and East Carolina wide receivers. 

Moss is a lot better than you're giving him credit for. He looked good for the most part. And he's just a rookie anyway.

DC’s don’t scout during the season, but they are privy to the entire process. 

Why are we pretending that A. Beane was running the draft illegally for a place he wasn’t hired at yet and B. There is zero chance that the former DC had no insider information?

the silliest argument ever.

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

Huh that's a worse list than I would have guessed, thanks for putting it together. Been a DB wasteland the last few years. Surprised at the total lack of impactful offensive players outside of Wayne, so really nothing in 20 years. Addai was alright but he only really had a couple good seasons.

Here are all the offense guys:

2012 WR A.J. Jenkins to San Fran

2010 RB Jahvid Best to Detroit

2009 WR Kenny Britt to Tennessee

2008 TE Dustin Keller to NY Jets

2007 WR Craig Davis to San Diego

2006 RB Joseph Addai to Indy

2005 TE Heath Miller to Pitt

2004 RB Kevin Jones to Detroit

2002 OG Kendall Simmons to Pitt

2001 WR Reggie Wayne to Indy

I'd argue Heath Miller  And Dustin Keller probably was too, though career-ending injury didn't leave him with a long career. Kendall Simmons was really good too, till he ruptured his Achilles. Add in Reggie Wayne and that's not too bad a bunch, though injuries hurt them.

19 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

A top guard could be had at that pick, which we definitely need opposite of Feliciano ( who needs to be resigned) . Our line was poor at run and pass blocking until Feliciano came back and went to solid pass blocking and ok run blocking. We really need to improve both lines if we want to take the next step ( better press coverage as well)

I want Boogie Basham with that first pick. If the draft were today and there was one player that I’d wish would slide to us it’d be Basham. Elite athletic skills, lengthy DE with size and power. I think he’ll be an elite DE in the NFL. May go 5-10 picks before us though.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

A top guard could be had at that pick, which we definitely need opposite of Feliciano ( who needs to be resigned) . Our line was poor at run and pass blocking until Feliciano came back and went to solid pass blocking and ok run blocking. We really need to improve both lines if we want to take the next step ( better press coverage as well)

Would love to see OL picks, always. If DWill doesn’t come back RT will be a huge need, and arguably Center would be more of a need than OG unless they eventually plan to slide Mongo to the anchor. Though I’m still not sure who would be had there for the value comparable to other BPAs just yet.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us go defense here, even DB, depending on who is there at 30. KC exploited a lot of weaknesses in our defense, and frankly the entire unit regressed from prior years. Lots of reasons and variables going into that, but would hardly be surprised to see DB/LB (pending Milano’s re-signing)/or DL here in that order of preference.

Edited by ctk232
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I said dime a dozen backs.

I actually wanted CEH but figured he wouldn't be there in the 2nd. Dobbins was my next choice. Moss is just too slow footed and could be easily replaced by an UDFA or cheap FA.... hell I thought Yeldon was the best overall back on the team. 

Yeldon was the best all around back last season. But when you spend two 3rd round picks on slower RB'S you feel obligated to play them. Singletary is awful and Moss is only somewhat better. The Buffalo Bill's will never beat KC and give themselves an opportunity to win a championship without a solid running game. And I don't even suggest a 50/50 balance.  But 30/70 run pass would force a completely different strategy from Andy. If Najee is there at 30 sprint to the podium. 

On 1/27/2021 at 4:13 PM, Thurman#1 said:

That says more about problems with your thinking than it does about McDermott.

Doing that would literally have been stealing from his ownership. It would have been industrial espionage. 

It did not happen. But if you feel the need to believe that, go right ahead. There's plenty of room for completel nuttiness in the world. You might want to look in on the "JFK and Elvis are alive and living together on the moon" thing. I hear they've got a few vacancies over there.

You been watching "Bubba Ho-Tep"?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Nelius said:

Huh that's a worse list than I would have guessed, thanks for putting it together. Been a DB wasteland the last few years. Surprised at the total lack of impactful offensive players outside of Wayne, so really nothing in 20 years. Addai was alright but he only really had a couple good seasons.

TJ Watt is pretty good.  Would be amazing for the Bills to get an impact pass rusher at 30. 

But otherwise, it's a disappointing list. 

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

You been watching "Bubba Ho-Tep"?

No, though I saw it a long time ago. I absolutely revere Joe Lansdale.

26 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

The pick will be Hamsah Nasirildeen. Everybody get acquainted with him now. 

Beane and McDermott were hot on Kyle Dugger and Jeremy Chinn last year. He’s in that mold. 

Come back to this in late April.

Interesting. I'll check him out. 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:06 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If guard is the best player at that spot then we should. Good luck getting a top pass rusher there. Dont need another running back, the guys we have our fine the line just sucks at run blocking.

TE would be nice too at 30.

Agree.  

Definitely can find a Guard at 30 that could be a dominant player.  Maybe a strong talented gaurd, with Feliciano at Center, and a healthy, improved Ford at the other guard - maybe that and more commitment could break open the running game?  

If they are thinking BPA adding a corner is another possibility.   

Would love to strengthen the DL but the premium on DL, especially pass rushers, tells me better value might be at these other positions.   

RB can be addressed in later picks and in free agency.  I would love to see them add a back that could catch, and run after catch.   

• Thank you (+1) 1