Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

Regarding the car accident, I’ll pray for the kids who were injured.  I seriously doubt he had only two to three beers.

As far as the timing, this unfortunately will be a real distraction from what looked to be a good game.  The Chiefs somewhat benefited that the zoom interviews are over so the players which has nothing to do with them won’t be barraged with 1000 questions by reporters.  Please know I’m not condoning despicable behavior.  It horrible and criminal.

I just really hope these kids will be ok.  That son is going to go to jail no matter how much $ the Reid family has to defend him.

16 hours ago, boco357 said:

Soooooooo....is this a distraction for the Chiefs or do they rally up and "Win one for the Walrus" so to speak?

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Soooooooo....is this a distraction for the Chiefs or do they rally up and "Win one for the Walrus" so to speak?

I think it's a hard one to rally around.  Not a psychologist, but this is more of a gut punch - it's not something like deflategate that players can get angry about or turn into a positive emotion.

It definitely impacts the game, imo.

I thought about making a poll but I don't like to clog up these bords.

Anyway....

I kind of like that a team playing is hosting the Super Bowl. How would you all feel if they rotated each Conference and there was a home team every year in the Super Bowl? 

Sell 60 percent of tix go to the home market and 40 percent goes to whoever.

Edited by Beast

I hope the kid is OK, first and foremost. 

As far as the game goes, Dee Ford and now Britt Reid have each cost Mahomes a ring. Instead of a possible 3 peat tomorrow he'll have 1 to show for this run. 

It's amazing how often teams get to this point and just can't keep it together for a few more days. Brady sent his family away for 2 weeks so he could sit in the dark, get kitten blood transfusions and drink avacado milkshakes. 

So we get to hear how he is "super human" simply because he is focused, dialed in and professional while his opponents are idiots who can't focus. 

It is the lock of all locks. KC is going to lose. Brady once again benefits from another team's total stupidity. 

5 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Listening to Pat Mcafee he mentions that many players around the league don’t even tune into the game and just catch the highlights which I found interesting. 

I’d be curious to know how many Nfl fans that choose to not watch the game just because their team isn’t playing. 

I heard that during the McDermott interview.  I liked McD's comment...he will watch as he always learns something.  

• Like (+1) 1

PREDICTION:

The Bucs will win, going away. This will be the only Super Bowl that Brady will have won by more than ten points. Brady won't necessarily have a great game, but the Bucs overall will dominate the Chiefs.

I don't say this because I like the Bucs--I'd much rather see the Chiefs win and Brady humiliated. I say the Bucs will win because:

1) The Chiefs are missing both their starting tackles

2) Reid's son's DUI puts a child in the hospital in critical condition

3) The best game the Chiefs have played in the last three months was against the Bills. They have been living on borrowed time and now their luck runs out. 

Edited by Dr. K

2 hours ago, Dr. K said:

PREDICTION:

The Bucs will win, going away. This will be the only Super Bowl that Brady will have won by more than ten points. Brady won't necessarily have a great game, but the Bucs overall will dominate the Chiefs.

I don't say this because I like the Bucs--I'd much rather see the Chiefs win and Brady humiliated. I say the Bucs will win because:

1) The Chiefs are missing both their starting tackles

2) Reid's son's DUI puts a child in the hospital in critical condition

3) The best game the Chiefs have played in the last three months was against the Bills. They have been living on borrowed time and now their luck runs out. 

Bet the house.

There is no way KC wins this game now. Gut feeling.

9 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hope the kid is OK, first and foremost. 

As far as the game goes, Dee Ford and now Britt Reid have each cost Mahomes a ring. Instead of a possible 3 peat tomorrow he'll have 1 to show for this run. 

It's amazing how often teams get to this point and just can't keep it together for a few more days. Brady sent his family away for 2 weeks so he could sit in the dark, get kitten blood transfusions and drink avacado milkshakes. 

So we get to hear how he is "super human" simply because he is focused, dialed in and professional while his opponents are idiots who can't focus. 

It is the lock of all locks. KC is going to lose. Brady once again benefits from another team's total stupidity.

How did Dee Ford cost Mahomes a ring?

My current list of "silver linings to not making the Super Bowl":

1) We didn't have to hear Brady say robotically all week how we were "always such a tough opponent" despite the record and that he had "so much respect for them & their fans."

2) I'm not spending this weekend with a surreal combination of queasiness, excitement, fear, anticipation, horror and impatience.

That's it. That's all I got.

• Like (+1) 2

As a Bills fan, the issue with getting past the Chiefs is not going away anytime soon. Selfishly I hope the Bucs somehow unlock a formula for slowing down the KC offense. (However unlikely that may be) It would be great if Tampa somehow writes a book on how to attack them Defensively. Anything that can help us going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How did Dee Ford cost Mahomes a ring?

AFC Title Game in Arrowhead 2 years ago. Brady, trailing by a TD throws a game ending pick. Honey Badger and Edelman are exchanging "good games" on the sideline as Edelman walks to the NE sideline defeated. 

BUT WAIT!

Ford LINED UP Offside. He didn't jump; he couldn't even line up right. 

Chiefs would have easily beaten the Rams in that SB.