Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

7 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

This is the most meh I've ever felt about going into a Super Bowl week.  I think it's the combination of being sick of Brady, being sick of the Chiefs already, and for once the sting of being so close to being there this year but ultimately falling short.  This probably would've been the first time in my life I skipped over watching the SB all together but ironically this is the best year I've ever had with Square numbers(on paper at least) so that'll probably be enough to make me watch it.  Absolutely no plans to either host or go to a party for it though.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I honestly could really care less about it, and my only slither of interest in watching it would be to see the Chiefs get blasted by that Tampa defense....my newly formed hatred for them outweighs my desire to NOT see Brady win another ring, that's how quickly my hatred sprouted for them.  

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs win 7-6, with their lone TD coming on a pick six off Mahomes, and one of their defensive players win the game MVP....that would satiate both of my hatreds 😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I honestly could really care less about it, and my only slither of interest in watching it would be to see the Chiefs get blasted by that Tampa defense....my newly formed hatred for them outweighs my desire to NOT see Brady win another ring, that's how quickly my hatred sprouted for them.  

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs win 7-6, with their lone TD coming on a pick six off Mahomes, and one of their defensive players win the game MVP....that would satiate both of my hatreds 😆

See I have 7-6 as one of my pool numbers so that would be perfect! B-)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Here's an offbeat analytics reason to root for the Chiefs next week.  No team in the Super Bowl era has won three straight championships.  No sure how many have done it in the entire history of the NFL-AFL.  Green Bay won three straight straddling the Super Bowl era ('65 - '67).  If Kansas City wins next week, history will be working against them next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be watching with interest to see if the Bucs defense can find a way to slow down Mahomes and Co.  Many people here saying you can't slow them down, so your only way to beat them is with an offense that can keep up with them.  I'm skeptical of that - it would imply a need to be virtually perfect on offense.  I am still optimistic that a well schemed defense with talent can slow down the high power offenses.  The Bucs defense isn't the highest ranked, by a long shot, but they've been playing pretty damn good in the playoffs.   IF they can bother/affect Mahomes, that will be something to take into consideration as we think about what the Bills highest priority needs are. 

As for the Brady hate - I would much rather see the Chiefs go down in the Super Bowl.  Brady's days are numbered, I really don't care if he gets another ring.

• Like (+1) 1

Should be a great game with the 2 best teams playing.

I can't stand Brady but we would be witnessing history if Brady won his 7th superbowl. 

This would be the greatest accomplishment in all of pro sports history even surpassing Jordans 6 championships with the bulls.

Years from now you could be asked "where were you when history was made ?"

I'm trying to appreciate the little things.  I just watched Brady give his completely insincere "he's a great young player and has a great future in this league" spiel about Mahomes, and I'm glad we don't have to listen to 2 weeks of that, with the added "the Bills were always so tough, and their fans are so amazing."

Like I said - I'm trying.

• Like (+1) 1

I only really see 2 outcomes:

Most likely: a convincing Chiefs win

Also possible: a close Bucs win

If it's close at the end then the refs can play a huge role, and that is where you are in mortal danger vs Brady. You make the big stop on 3rd down to get Mahomes the ball! ................................................................. but wait! a flag comes in 5 seconds later from 40 yards downfield from the back judge and it's victory formation time due to a ticky tack PI that they haven't called all game!

The Bucs are going to give KC their best shot early to try to get out ahead, so if KC weathers that storm and gets to halftime with a lead then they will win by 10+

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DJB said:

I hope Mahomes and Brady crash into each other before the game and both are unable to play. 

That way I can enjoy the game and not have to cheer against both of them. 

If Brady loses, Jim Kelly will no longer be the only QB with 4 SB losses. Go KC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1