Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

28 minutes ago, Steptide said:

My hatred of the cheifs has grown a bit in the last few weeks. Partly because they beat us, but mainly because their fan base has become obnoxious. I don't really want Brady to get another ring, but I do like the idea of a team winning that hasent even been to the playoffs in 13 years. 

Chiefs fans are something else.

They actually remind me of the "da Bears" guys from SNL, talking about how Ditka could beat a hurricane, or whatever.   Just over-the-top pronouncements on how no one in the AFC will ever challenge Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 2

Wish there was a "yeah, sort of agree" button... reflects my agnosticism towards game/winner.

But, once again, I'll go off the board for my rooting Schwerpunkt:

I simply can't handle any more Mahomes ads. Way over-exposed. And, brothers and sisters, it could get worse...way worse.

If, in May of this year, I'm watching another Mahomes-Polamalu commercial, I'm going to Glock-19 my tv.

[and I actually like Polamalu]

I hope Tampa Bay wins. Not because I like Tom Brady, but I don't like the way Chiefs played so dirty in the AFC Championship game. I hope the Chiefs lose bad and get humbled. Hate the Chiefs and their arrogance. Bring them down back to earth Tom. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 31/01/2021 at 3:25 PM, Kangaxx said:

I'll never root for Mahomes. He comes across so arrogant. 

I've never minded arrogance from players who can back it up. I don't really have much of a problem with Mahomes, personally, but he's in Josh's way and must be destroyed.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I've never minded arrogance from players who can back it up. I don't really have much of a problem with Mahomes, personally, but he's in Josh's way and must be destroyed.

All in all I don't think he comes across as arrogant at all, but he must still be destroyed. 

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

All in all I don't think he comes across as arrogant at all, but he must still be destroyed. 

Yeah I agree. I actually kind of like the guy if I'm being honest. No hard feelings, Patrick. Sucks that the one likable player on the Chiefs just happens to be the guy who is central to their success.

• Agree 1

I see everything through a Josh Allen progression/target value lens. If Tom Brady can beat Pat, Andy and the Chiefs it will strengthen my conviction that Josh Allen certainly can and eventually will. Like next year maybe. I don’t hate Brady, just see him as some kind of weird nurd/Goat contender combo. JMO but if I were drafting my all time dream team he would not be my pick for QB.

Now that I'm watching the pregame show, I'm realizing how much I dislike so many of the Bucs' team. Yeah, I don't like Brady*. Who does? But, I also dislike Gronkowsky (ever since that astonishingly dirty hit on Tre White), and I find it offensive that Suh is still allowed in the league, much less participating in the SB. 

16 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Now that I'm watching the pregame show, I'm realizing how much I dislike so many of the Bucs' team. Yeah, I don't like Brady*. Who does? But, I also dislike Gronkowsky (ever since that astonishingly dirty hit on Tre White), and I find it offensive that Suh is still allowed in the league, much less participating in the SB. 

Thanks for the reminder on Gronk.

I was already there, but go Chiefs, 100%.

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

My hatred of the cheifs has grown a bit in the last few weeks. Partly because they beat us, but mainly because their fan base has become obnoxious. I don't really want Brady to get another ring, but I do like the idea of a team winning that hasent even been to the playoffs in 13 years. 

They're becoming the Patriots fans of the 00's and the Cowboys fans of the 90's. Not real fans who jumped on the bandwagon and don't know ***** about the game. 

• Like (+1) 1