Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

45 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

As a Bills fan, the issue with getting past the Chiefs is not going away anytime soon. Selfishly I hope the Bucs somehow unlock a formula for slowing down the KC offense. (However unlikely that may be) It would be great if Tampa somehow writes a book on how to attack them Defensively. Anything that can help us going forward.

I'd bet it's tight.

You need to get pressure on the QB with your front 4.   When it comes to winning championships, having a good pass rush is almost as vital as having a good QB or coach.

We weren't really able to do that all season.  Our top rusher had 5 sacks.  If Beane focuses on that, we'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Success said:

I'd bet it's tight.

You need to get pressure on the QB with your front 4.   When it comes to winning championships, having a good pass rush is almost as vital as having a good QB or coach.

We weren't really able to do that all season.  Our top rusher had 5 sacks.  If Beane focuses on that, we'll be fine.

This is a problem for the Bills. Lack of a pass rush needs to be addressed. I would also add that we need help at the tight end position. Dawson Knox would have to improve greatly or they need to draft one number one, or go out and get one in free agency

• Agree 1

I'm so torn over this one, and just about everything that's inspiring me to root one way, or the other feels petty. To whit:

1. As is the case with most people here, I really don't like Tom Brady*. Advantage: Chiefs.
  2. As much as I dislike Brady*, I dislike Belichick* even more. A Brady* win rubs Belichick*'s nose in the failure of his season. Advantage: Bucs
  3. The Chiefs were punks when they beat us in the AFCCG. I wouldn't feel bad to see them curb-stomped. Advantage: Bucs
  4. However, if the Bucs win, that means we lost to the losers, and that doesn't sit well. Advantage: Chiefs

I guess I just want to watch a good game...

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm so torn over this one, and just about everything that's inspiring me to root one way, or the other feels petty. To whit:

1. As is the case with most people here, I really don't like Tom Brady*. Advantage: Chiefs.
  2. As much as I dislike Brady*, I dislike Belichick* even more. A Brady* win rubs his nose in the failure of Belichick*'s season. Advantage: Bucs
  3. The Chiefs were punks when they beat us in the AFCCG. I wouldn't feel bad to see them curb-stomped. Advantage: Bucs
  4. However, if the Bucs win, that means we lost to the losers, and that doesn't sit well. Advantage: Chiefs

It's like you read my mind!! Love this post !!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Several times this season, I have seen Mahomes on a scramble, run towards the sideline, slow down almost to a jog as he gets close to being out of bounds, then turns up field.  I really hope he tries that today and someone lays a brutal hit on him as he tries to pull that crap.  It would be worth the potential 15 yard penalty.  

Edited by BTB

I’m rooting for the Bucs and it’s honestly easy for me.  Now that Brady is out of the division I think it’s a cool storyline he was able to bring the Bucs to this point. It just kind of feels like of course this was the bound to happen storyline. Home team home Superbowl why not! I find him the lesser of two evils at this point. 

Now why I will not pull for the Chiefs,

Mahomes is becoming increasely whiney in games. I don’t take anything away from his greatness but I get a sense he would be the first in line to tell you how great he is. 

His gf likes to respond to every little criticism thrown his way.

Their fans are annoying because Mahomes and Reid are Gods and as long as they are together they will win the next 10 straight super bowls. 

Unfortunately it is what it is until someone knocks them off their feet. 

Tyreek Hill.

Sammy Watkins- seems to sit about a dozen games in the season yet ready to go for the Super Bowl. 

I actually like Kelce and and Reid.

For whatever reasons though Reid’s has been and is being mightily tested with his family life. 

The Chiefs are now in our path to achieving our ultimate

goal. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

2. As much as I dislike Brady*, I dislike Belichick* even more. A Brady* win rubs his nose in the failure of Belichick*'s season. Advantage: Bucs

Nailed It.

7 minutes ago, BTB said:

Several times this season, I have seen Mahomes on a scramble, run towards the sideline, slow down almost to a jog as he gets close to being out of bounds, then turns up field.  I really hope he tries that today and someone lays a brutal hit on him as he tries to pull that crap.  It would be worth the potential 15 yard penalty.  

I think all the QBs have their little habits.

Josh Allen has a "fake slide" that he taught to his friend Darnold.

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I can't stand either team. But I am pulling for the Chiefs for two reasons. 1. Can't stomach another Tom Brady SB win. 2. Antonio Brown doesn't deserve to be in the NFL, let alone win another SB ring. 

not that I disagree about Brown, but how is this any more true of him than say: 

Tyreek Hill

Frank Clark

Britt Reid (who will get a ring for the game) 

I’m sure there are other miscreants on the chiefs were I to dig. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I can't stand either team. But I am pulling for the Chiefs for two reasons. 1. Can't stomach another Tom Brady SB win. 2. Antonio Brown doesn't deserve to be in the NFL, let alone win another SB ring. 

I feel similarly plus I want us to be the ones to knock the Chiefs off their pedestal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I don't think I've ever been less motivated to root for a team in the Superbowl. My only vested interests will be influenced by gambling. 

My hatred of the cheifs has grown a bit in the last few weeks. Partly because they beat us, but mainly because their fan base has become obnoxious. I don't really want Brady to get another ring, but I do like the idea of a team winning that hasent even been to the playoffs in 13 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

My hatred of the cheifs has grown a bit in the last few weeks. Partly because they beat us, but mainly because their fan base has become obnoxious. I don't really want Brady to get another ring, but I do like the idea of a team winning that hasent even been to the playoffs in 13 years. 

I hear you about the Chiefs. They have some dirty ass players on that team. If Brady wasn't on the Bucs, I'd be 100% on that wagon. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

not that I disagree about Brown, but how is this any more true of him than say: 

Tyreek Hill

Frank Clark

Britt Reid (who will get a ring for the game) 

I’m sure there are other miscreants on the chiefs were I to dig. 

True. It's just the number of times Brown has put himself in bad situations. And I'm sure he's not done. There's shady players on every team. Brown just can't seem to help himself with the negativity.