Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

OK, no more tests now. Last thing we need is a Chiefs outbreak the night before the SB.

It'll go up there with Lynch not getting the ball and and Dee Ford lining up Offside on the game winning INT as things that went the "GOAT's" way.

Would they forfeit? Or play at a later date? 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Would they forfeit? Or play at a later date? 

Oh they would play, and the gushing over how amazing it is that Brady is doing what he is doing when he throws 4 INT, including a pick 6 but still wins 14-10 because the Chiefs have Chad Henne would be nauseating. 

Remember when it comes to GOAT talk: it's all about the rings and nothing else. 

Therefore, Bill Russell, who has 11, is the GOAT of the NBA. The man only played 13 seasons, and won the title in 11 of them. That's even more impressive than Brady. 

The Brady fans on here can only agree that, until Brady wins his 11th ring, it's not a debate. Russell is the GOAT when it comes to major sports leagues in the US. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm pulling for the Bucs and I'm totally fine w it

Chiefs and their fans are that unlikable to me

Agree 100%.  I also have come to grips with the fact that Brady is one of the all-time competitors and respect him for that.  Does he push the boundaries of fair play with crap like the deflated balls and knowing the Pats*** organization is/was cheating?  Sure.  But the dude plays the game as well as or better than anyone has at the most crucial moments.

It’s so funny.  The divorce of Brady and Belichick has actually made me respect each more.  And I now hate the Chefs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

Agree 100%.  I also have come to grips with the fact that Brady is one of the all-time competitors and respect him for that.  Does he push the boundaries of fair play with crap like the deflated balls and knowing the Pats*** organization is/was cheating?  Sure.  But the dude plays the game as well as or better than anyone has at the most crucial moments.

It’s so funny.  The divorce of Brady and Belichick has actually made me respect each more.  And I now hate the Chefs.

Same, my animosity toward Brady is completely deflated

• Haha (+1) 1

I dislike Brady because he consistently beat the Bills but the man is clearly the greatest player of all time. Just one statistic Tom Brady 10 starts in the Super Bowl ... all of the other 31 NFL QBs combined 11 starts.. if Big Ben were to retire it would be 10 to 8 Brady ... just nuts. A goal for Josh :)

• Agree 1

I don’t care who wins the super bowl but I’m coming around to being excited for the game because frankly, I miss football. That said I would like a week one matchup of the Bills at Chiefs to kick off the season and I think that only happens if the chefs win. So I guess I’ll “cheer” for them. I’m still bitter though! Sue me 

Edited by YoloinOhio

If Tampa can keep it a low scoring game,  they have a good shot.  Their front 7 is pretty formidable and could give Mahomes some issues.  They have to keep KC offense off the field.  If they can do that,  TB12 should be able to do just enough on offense to squeak out a win in the end.

If it becomes a track meet,  KC will win going away.

KC needs to start fast this game. They have a tendency to sputter early on in games.

If KC starts quick and puts some 7's up this will get ugly. If Tampa can keep the game close or even get up a bit early they have an excellent chance to win, because then the refs become a factor, and all it takes is one perfectly timed PI call to set Tampa right up to either kill the clock or score a TD. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

On 2/4/2021 at 12:06 PM, GoBills808 said:

I'm pulling for the Bucs and I'm totally fine w it

Chiefs and their fans are that unlikable to me

True. And the Chiefs, not the Bucs, are the main competition (and therefore the enemy) going forward. I’m not normally all that partisan but the loss has left me with a taste for revenge, however its enacted and wherever it comes from. I dont blame them for beating us. I blame a very banged up receiving corps (nobody’s fault) and a bad gameplan on both sides of the ball (coaches” fault) that pretty much guaranteed that the more talented team overall would win.

Regardless of sentiment, I think the Bucs will win unless Brady screws up. He’s still a very good QB but more accident prone than before. But he does, even in decline, bring more to the Bucs than Peyton did the Broncos, and Manning still got his ring.

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

If Tampa can keep it a low scoring game,  they have a good shot.  Their front 7 is pretty formidable and could give Mahomes some issues.  They have to keep KC offense off the field.  If they can do that,  TB12 should be able to do just enough on offense to squeak out a win in the end.

If it becomes a track meet,  KC will win going away.

JMO but I think the Bucs are quite capable of both controlling the ball and also putting up points on KCs defence. I think they could win even a high scoring game. The Bucs D will not be the joke ours was either. PM and Andy will have their hands full.

What the chiefs are doing is even more unbelievable considering their OL-  now without starters Fisher, Osemele, Duvernay-tardif and Schwartz.  Could they finally get taken advantage of?  Jpp, suh, vea, Shaq barrett are good enough to make them pay