Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If Brady loses, Jim Kelly will no longer be the only QB with 4 SB losses. Go KC.

As much as I dislike him, I was looking at some of his stats the other day and they're just stunning to see them written down.

14 championship games and 10 super bowls. Just incredible.

I just did some quick checks on some HOF QBs to see how many seasons they played in their entire careers.

Bradshaw played 14, Kelly 11, Aikman 12, the list goes on.

So Brady has appeared in as many or more championship games as many of these guys played seasons in the league. I mean most players would be happy to have a 10 year career and he's now playing in his 10th Super Bowl. 

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

As much as I dislike him, I was looking at some of his stats the other day and they're just stunning to see them written down.

14 championship games and 10 super bowls. Just incredible.

I just did some quick checks on some HOF QBs to see how many seasons they played in their entire careers.

Bradshaw played 14, Kelly 11, Aikman 12, the list goes on.

So Brady has appeared in as many or more championship games as many of these guys played seasons in the league. I mean most players would be happy to have a 10 year career and he's now playing in his 10th Super Bowl. 

Well, Kelly did have two pretty massive seasons in the USFL, and there were a lot of good players in that league. He threw for 10,000 yards.  

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I only really see 2 outcomes:

Most likely: a convincing Chiefs win

Also possible: a close Bucs win

If it's close at the end then the refs can play a huge role, and that is where you are in mortal danger vs Brady. You make the big stop on 3rd down to get Mahomes the ball! ................................................................. but wait! a flag comes in 5 seconds later from 40 yards downfield from the back judge and it's victory formation time due to a ticky tack PI that they haven't called all game!

The Bucs are going to give KC their best shot early to try to get out ahead, so if KC weathers that storm and gets to halftime with a lead then they will win by 10+

I think this is going to be the Battle of the WR Muggings. 

Tampa Bay was holding and mauling about the Green Bay WR all game. 

Kansas City was holding and mauling about our WR all game

Now they can hold and maul about each other's WR and the team that can run better, wins.  🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now they can hold and maul about each other's WR and the team that can run better, wins.  🤷‍♂️

Hapless, I am a fan of your post, and really one not looking for brownie points...however this post of yours is as i target as your OT COVID posts, (when thread was alive...🙃),

based on this, I would say TBY has the advantage with LF and (maybe?) RJII, thanks for helping me with my pick! ...:beer:

Edited by BuffaLoko
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Kansas City Chiefs place Demarcus Robinson, Daniel Kilgore on reserve/COVID-19 list

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30817171/source-kansas-city-chiefs-place-demarcus-robinson-daniel-kilgore-reserve-covid-19-list

Kilgore seems to be a backup center/ST guy and Robinson (?) didn't have a reception in the AFC championship game (played 65% of the snaps).  Maybe it takes away some blocking or something

I swear, I've gone back & forth every day on who I'd prefer in this game.

It's a tough one.  Just different levels of loathing.  Brady obviously has the years, but he's just one guy on that team. On the other side, it's the whole team & fanbase.

It's a conundrum.

9 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

I question if anyone is actually a bills fan if they say they're rooting for tampa. Did you not see the torture over the last two decades that ***** put us through?

The last two decades the Bills were noncompetitive vs the Pats...with or without Brady.  This Chiefs team, however, totally manhandled this year's Bills team in the playoffs...literally.  I don't want to see another AFC dynasty created that will plague the Bills for another decade.  So...this Bills fan is rooting for TB.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Kansas City Chiefs place Demarcus Robinson, Daniel Kilgore on reserve/COVID-19 list

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30817171/source-kansas-city-chiefs-place-demarcus-robinson-daniel-kilgore-reserve-covid-19-list

Reportedly they did not test positive, they were identified as a close contacts of a barber who tested positive.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2021-a-barbers-positive-covid-19-test-led-to-two-chiefs-going-on-reservecovid-list-per-report

According to Schefter, both players did not test positive for the coronavirus, but they were identified as close contacts. This is notable because if both players register negative tests during their five-day isolation period, they will be cleared in time for the Super Bowl. 

According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, a barber who recently cut the hair of Robinson and Kilgore received a positive test result for COVID-19 on Sunday. Pelissero reports that all parties were masked during the encounters, which lowers the chance of actually transmitting the virus, but since the players were close to the infected barber for more than just a short period of time, they were deemed high-risk close contacts. 

10 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

I question if anyone is actually a bills fan if they say they're rooting for tampa. Did you not see the torture over the last two decades that ***** put us through?

Well, Kansas City did just assault our WR and pillage our secondary.  So there's some recency bias there.

On 2/1/2021 at 3:05 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn't that the truth. And I'm sure the crew has been told to let them play. 

15 hours ago, Irv said:

I could care less about the game.  Hate Brady and could care less about KC.  Will likely find a spot to go fishing. No interest. 

Yeah, at most I may flip to check the score a couple times if I'm watching t.v. Likely take care of whatever business that's needed at that time anyways. Definitely a game I have absolutely no interest what so ever in watching this year.

• Like (+1) 1