Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea the Bucs just loaded up with talent everywhere.... really hope we take more of this kind of approach rather than prioritizing solid rotational depth guys.

Absolutely, we have our QB. It’s nice to have a bunch of solid players, but this league is about playmakers. There’s no denying what Diggs brought us this year. We need more of that on both sides of the ball. I’d rather have several big time playmakers than a bunch of average guys. The NFL is becoming more like basketball where it’s less about depth, and more about high end talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Absolutely, we have our QB. It’s nice to have a bunch of solid players, but this league is about playmakers. There’s no denying what Diggs brought us this year. We need more of that on both sides of the ball. I’d rather have several big time playmakers than a bunch of average guys. The NFL is becoming more like basketball where it’s less about depth, and more about high end talent. 

Certainly worked for Golden State and the Miami Heat

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

This is where I am. It’s not so much that they beat us as it is the Mahomes is the greatest ever hype. I get it, he’s young and has been amazing. But this is Brady’s 10th SB. Mahomes would need to keep up what he’s done so far for another 12-15 years before he is Brady. While it may seem like that’s what will happen, 12 to 15 years is way too many to project. So I hope Brady destroys them if I were being honest. 

At the same point in Brady's career, he had thrown 78 TDs and 41 INTs.  Mahomes has 120 and 25.  He's better than Brady was by orders of magnitude.  So many things are out of their control when it comes to Superbowl wins that it's not really a fair comparison.  Currently it's 6-1.  An Offside call and a coin flip kept it from being 5-2 with a chance to make it 5-3 next week.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

At the same point in Brady's career, he had thrown 78 TDs and 41 INTs.  Mahomes has 120 and 25.  He's better than Brady was by orders of magnitude.  So many things are out of their control when it comes to Superbowl wins that it's not really a fair comparison.  Currently it's 6-1.  An Offside call and a coin flip kept it from being 5-2 with a chance to make it 5-3 next week.

Who was Brady throwing to early on in his career?   Pretty sure they were mostly replacement level receivers?

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Who was Brady throwing to early on in his career?   Pretty sure they were mostly replacement level receivers?

Terry Glenn, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, and Daniel Graham were all solid players.  I mean he took over a team with a Super Bowl caliber roster that was good enough to win in spite of him.  Tom threw 1 TD and 527 yards total in 3 postseason games.  Mahomes threw 10 TDs and 901 yards last year.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

Terry Glenn, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, and Daniel Graham were all solid players.  I mean he took over a team with a Super Bowl caliber roster that was good enough to win in spite of him.  Tom threw 1 TD and 527 yards total in 3 postseason games.  Mahomes threw 10 TDs and 901 yards last year.  

Yes .  Solid perhaps but none are elite level like a Kelce or a Hill.  Also,  passing game now is totally different from what it was in early 2000s due to all the rule changes to protect qb and reduce mauling of receivers .  So it’s quite a bit of apples and oranges to compare the two qbs based on early career. 

Just now, prissythecat said:

Yes .  Solid perhaps but none are elite level like a Kelce or a Hill.  Also,  passing game now is totally different from what it was in early 2000s due to all the rule changes to protect qb and reduce mauling of receivers .  So it’s quite a bit of apples and oranges to compare the two qbs based on early career. 

Nice job of hand waiving away the difference between 1 TD and 10 (not to mention the 160 rushing yards and 2 TDs).  If you take away every TD pass to Kelce or Hill, Mahomes has still thrown 60 and run for 10.

Mahomes should really have 2 rings at this point, and Brady should have 5.

That Offside in the AFCCG will always bug me.  Didn't effect the play, was in the last couple of minutes - that doesn't get called 95% of the time in that situation. Total bail-out for Brady and the Pats, and we all had to suffer for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I ain't gonna lie, I'm still salty after seeing how the Chiefs played dirty and in my opinion classless football against us.  Yeah, they have a prolific offense and perhaps the best player in the NFL in Mahomes but.....

EFF THE CHIEFS.

First time in my life I'll be cheering for Tom Brady this weekend.  I can't believe I just typed that, and I just threw up in my mouth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

GO TOM BRADY! I HOPE YOU GET YOUR 7TH RING!

I don't think this sentiment is widely shared by your fellow Bills fans, but you have a right to cheer for whomever you wish.

My interest in the SB will be limited to hoping for a hit on, and injury to, Brady.

😳

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I ain't gonna lie, I'm still salty after seeing how the Chiefs played dirty and in my opinion classless football against us.  Yeah, they have a prolific offense and perhaps the best player in the NFL in Mahomes but.....

EFF THE CHIEFS.

First time in my life I'll be cheering for Tom Brady this weekend.  I can't believe I just typed that, and I just threw up in my mouth.

You’re not wrong, I was actually quite disappointed in how classless Reid’s team played. That being said, Brady played on the ultimate classless franchise beating us twice a year for how long ? His good buddy Gronk assaulted Tre White, so there’s that. I think it’s fair to dislike KC, but I’m not going to run off to root for Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

You’re not wrong, I was actually quite disappointed in how classless Reid’s team played. That being said, Brady played on the ultimate classless franchise beating us twice a year for how long ? His good buddy Gronk assaulted Tre White, so there’s that. I think it’s fair to dislike KC, but I’m not going to run off to root for Brady. 

Valid points.  I don't think I can say I'll be rooting for TB necessarily, a fellow poster said it best...between my newly formed hatred for the Chiefs and my adult lifehood disdain for Brady, I guess he's "the lesser of two evils"...  🤐

• Like (+1) 1

This is the most meh I've ever felt about going into a Super Bowl week.  I think it's the combination of being sick of Brady, being sick of the Chiefs already, and for once the sting of being so close to being there this year but ultimately falling short.  This probably would've been the first time in my life I skipped over watching the SB all together but ironically this is the best year I've ever had with Square numbers(on paper at least) so that'll probably be enough to make me watch it.  Absolutely no plans to either host or go to a party for it though.

• Agree 1