Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wtf? I’d tell the NFL to go ***** themselves.

Agree, but I think it’s indicative of the desperation in the music business today. In the old days, the artists were doing the NFL a favor. Halftime shows gave the league a ratings boost from people who tuned in just for that. In today’s world the NFL is doing the artist a favor by giving them publicity that weren’t getting otherwise. It always worked both ways, and still does, but I think the power is more in the hands of the league now. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

How much publicity does the Weekend need? Give me a break. 

He’s certainly nowhere close to what a guy like Michael Jackson was when he did a halftime show. I doubt that many people are tuning in because The Weeknd is performing. I’m sure millions tuned in just for Jackson. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

He’s certainly nowhere close to what a guy like Michael Jackson was when he did a halftime show. I doubt that many people are tuning in because The Weeknd is performing. I’m sure millions tuned in just for Jackson. 

I’m pretty sure the Bills were just holding out for a better halftime show tbh. And a year where there can a full stadium, fan parties, and a real parade. 5D chess. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m pretty sure the Bills were just holding out for a better halftime show tbh. And a year where there can a full stadium, fan parties, and a real parade. 5D chess. 

If we were really smart, we’d be holding out for the halftime show to be abolished, but that’s another story 😂

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It ain't a party unless you send your afternoon sports talk hosts to do their shtick from the Super Bowl hosting city.  🙄

20 minutes ago, Negan said:

Let's Go Bucs, the Chiefs have become my new hated team.  Dirty players and their fans haven't tasted humble pie ever it would seem.

They have tasted it in the summertime when they watch their POS Royals play. 

This is one of those like the NE Giants couple where I really hate both teams and wont watch with much interest. Both teams have SB, Both teams have QB I hate(used to like mahomes now I hate him) If I didnt see either team win another SB for the next 20 years id be good with that..I think I will have the game on somewhere but its VERY LIKELY I will be playing computer games while its on watching is on a tablet at the same time..this SB holds ZERO interest for me.

19 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Sadly I hate the chiefs more than Brady now.  Go bucs.  

This is where I am. It’s not so much that they beat us as it is the Mahomes is the greatest ever hype. I get it, he’s young and has been amazing. But this is Brady’s 10th SB. Mahomes would need to keep up what he’s done so far for another 12-15 years before he is Brady. While it may seem like that’s what will happen, 12 to 15 years is way too many to project. So I hope Brady destroys them if I were being honest. 

• Agree 1

On 1/28/2021 at 3:02 AM, Chicken Boo said:

Damn good match up!  100% rooting for KC. 

If Brady were to get ring #7 at age 43, we will literally never hear the end of it.  I'm pretty confident that he'll throw multiple picks.

Also would love to see KC go back to back.  Watkins will be in the lineup - they're going to be that much more lethal on offense. They're a great team.  One of the all time great teams, in my opinion. 

Exactly, if the Bucs win we get to hear how Brady is the GOAT for months. A Chiefs win would move the conversation towards Mahomes and their dynasty. I’m ready for the changing of the guard in the NFL, and a Chiefs win would be a symbolic shift. There’s a lot of grumpiness around here about the Chiefs because they beat us. I guess that’s just how being a fan works. I find it difficult to dislike the Chiefs just because we can’t block, our receivers were injured, our coaches were overly conservative, and our defense can’t pressure the QB. KC could be a modern dynasty, it’s up to us to beat them, that doesn’t mean it should be considered normal to root for Tom Brady. Unless you’re a Brady fan, Pats fan, or Bucs fan, there’s no excuse. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Exactly, if the Bucs win we get to hear how Brady is the GOAT for months. A Chiefs win would move the conversation towards Mahomes and their dynasty. I’m ready for the changing of the guard in the NFL, and a Chiefs win would be a symbolic shift. There’s a lot of grumpiness around here about the Chiefs because they beat us. I guess that’s just how being a fan works. I find it difficult to dislike the Chiefs just because we can’t block, our receivers were injured, our coaches were overly conservative, and our defense can’t pressure the QB. KC could be a modern dynasty, it’s up to us to beat them, that doesn’t mean it should be considered normal to root for Tom Brady. Unless you’re a Brady fan, Pats fan, or Bucs fan, there’s no excuse. 

Agreed. It's good for the league for the young guys to build their star power. Enough with Brady. 

Mahomes and the Chiefs beating Brady in this game is huge for the legacy of Mahomes and Reid. That's what I want to see. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Agreed. It's good for the league for the young guys to build their star power. Enough with Brady. 

Mahomes and the Chiefs beating Brady in this game is huge for the legacy of Mahomes and Reid. That's what I want to see. 

Exactly, Mahomes is the future of the league. I love watching the guy play when we’re not on the field. Mahomes is a far better QB than Brady at this point. He deserves another title more, even though I realize that’s not how sports work. Brady’s longevity is impressive, but the current narrative of him as an elite QB isn’t accurate. I don’t want to hear it after another title. I’m not getting into his legacy, but Brady is currently a mediocre QB on a very talented team in a weak conference. Brady might be the GOAT, but bolting to a team setup like the Bucs made him look good.