Super Bowl Thread: KC at Tampa Bay

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I would love to see Brady get the smug face wiped clean away, but I would also love to see Mahomes, Kelce, et al get it handed to them by the old farts (Brady and Gronk). 

IOW you're conflicted as well

31 minutes ago, Success said:

I can't root for Brady.  But I will celebrate either outcome.

That's sort of a rarity.  

Wait....confused

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I hope they both lose.  Eff them both

That would indeed be the optimal outcome

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

I'm rooting for each defense. I want to see both QB's harassed all day long. In the end I don't see how Tampa has a shot to win, but if they do, their defense has to crush Mahomes. I'd like to see that happen as much as I'd like to see Brady curl up into the fetal position at the feet of the KC defense. 

Well, Tampa Bay was mugging the GB WR all game just like KC did to ours so...

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I am wondering with a 2 week break will any players break containment and not be able to play in Superbowl.

Imma guess...Yes

Think there's good reason why KC plans to arrive just the day before.  This might be the one year that having home field for the Superbowl is not an advantage

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Damn good match up!  100% rooting for KC. 

If Brady were to get ring #7 at age 43, we will literally never hear the end of it.  I'm pretty confident that he'll throw multiple picks.

Also would love to see KC go back to back.  Watkins will be in the lineup - they're going to be that much more lethal on offense. They're a great team.  One of the all time great teams, in my opinion. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It is a tough matchup to pick a side in. On one side you have Brady, Gronk and Brown, then on the other you have the human scum that is Bell. Not to mention the cheap shot artists on their defense. Plus the KC fans seem like they should all be drinking and watching games in the Star Wars cantina. 

I also see no way Tampa wins this. To me their only hope at all is to have several pieces of incredible luck early on, like the fumbled punt we got, together with some tipped passes for interceptions giving them short fields so they can build a healthy lead and try to maintain it the rest of the way.

I am rooting 100% for Tampa Bay.

Chiefs fans have become insufferable, entitled, arrogant, elitists.

Mahomes is the darling of the NFL media, the perfect QB.

Brady’s legacy as the best QB ever is long established by now. He has every passing record as it is.

So I would like to see the 43-year old beat the Chiefs and stain the Kingdom as 0-2 against the GOAT in the Playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, y2zipper said:

My initial inclination here is that Kansas City wins this one going away. Andy Reid is the best in the league coming off a bye and there's an inconsistency to Tampa that I just don't like for them here.

I think Reid will completely out coach Arians, and I don’t see Brady matching Mahomes output. 

I have this bad feeling that Tampa wins this game.   They have a really good front 7 which I think will get to Mahomes,  which is the key to stopping him.  Add in the fact that they’re playing at “Home” and have the magic of Brady,  I feel like Tampa is going to win this one.

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

I have this bad feeling that Tampa wins this game.   They have a really good front 7 which I think will get to Mahomes,  which is the key to stopping him.  Add in the fact that they’re playing at “Home” and have the magic of Brady,  I feel like Tampa is going to win this one.

That Tampa line is formidable - and as you get deeper in the playoffs, defense and the ability to pressure the QB always seem to be bigger & bigger factors.

I think I also saw that KC now won't have either starting tackle for the game.

Tampa could definitely pull it off.  It's also hard to match a QB who has such a ridiculous amount of SB experience.

Ugh.  I really don't want either team.  I don't even care about Brady that much - but I can't stand that most Patriots fans will see it as a "win" for them if the Bucs are champs.

• Agree 1

My overriding objective going into the game will be to see Tom Brady hit and injured, as it has been every time he has played for the last 15-20 years.

He hardly ever gets touched, which has been frustrating.

I personally want both teams to lose. I don't hate Brady as much as your average Bills fan, so that isn't really driving me. TB will not win, so that makes this a fairly boring superbowl, and the dirtbags playing for KC will be vindicated and their fanbase will somehow become even more insufferable.

I am having a hard time getting excited for this game. I'm more interested to see what Beane can do this offseason.

6 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I am rooting 100% for Tampa Bay.

Chiefs fans have become insufferable, entitled, arrogant, elitists.

Mahomes is the darling of the NFL media, the perfect QB.

Brady’s legacy as the best QB ever is long established by now. He has every passing record as it is.

So I would like to see the 43-year old beat the Chiefs and stain the Kingdom as 0-2 against the GOAT in the Playoffs. 

Agreed. Plus Brady winning this would be wild. I mean, he didn't join the Rams or something, who have a good team outside QB, he joined the Bucs who haven't made the playoffs in a while. First year there, he goes to the Superbowl while going on one of the hottest streaks of his career down the stretch.

He's just the best story in sports history. The Brady Five is a great doc that really outlines all the adversity Brady had to go through. He nearly got cut by the Pats before they decided to keep him as the 4th QB. It's a shame that it's so taboo around here to celebrate one of the greatest players in North American sports history.

• Thank you (+1) 1

From the bottom of my cold, dead heart: both teams can go straight to H-E-double puck slappers. Can they both lose? It's a rule that I must always root for Brady's demise. But Mahomes is also a guy I'm starting to root against because I can't stand his cadence lol. Dude sounds like Kermit. "Balllooooooooo eightyyyyy...balllooooooooo eightyyyyy-ahh-HUT!" Go sit down, Kermit. 

Bitter? Sure. I'm sick of KC already and even though I like Bruce Arians, I need Brady to just go away and never return. 21 years of this BS. Enough's enough. They also employ that walking turdpile known as Antonio Brown. KC has their own walking turdpile in Hill. And then Kelce is like every obnoxious frat boy you've ever met all rolled into one. Cripes. Just replace the game with all of them lining up to get kicked in the nuts.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I posted this in the Culley to Houston thread, but it makes more sense to pose here because it's about what this game means for Andy Reid's legacy.

Colin Cowherd posed a question yesterday that I thought was nuts at first, but now I'm not 100% sure. IF Reid ends up winning 4-5 Super Bowls, including a back to back, is he in the GOAT conversation 10 years from now? Reid is only 62 now, and has said he wants to coach another decade. It's pretty well known that he'll coach the Chiefs until he is 100% totally done with coaching forever. This is what he has worked his entire career for. 

There's a lot in Reid's favor. He's only 62, 6 years younger than Belichick. He's currently 6th all-time in regular season wins, only 5 behind Lambeau, who he will pass next season. Belichick is only 59 wins ahead of Reid in 3rd place all-time. If Reid coaches for 5 years after Belichick retires (and being younger by 6 years and in an amazing spot makes that possible) then Reid could very well end up ahead of Belichick on the all-time wins list, especially with the 2 teams the way they are now. Let's say in 2021 KC wins 5 more games than NE and Belichick calls it quits or is let go there in a "mutual parting" (it's not as crazy as it sounds). Now the margin is 54 games, which means if Reid coaches 5 more years after next and averages 11 wins per year he finishes with 1 more win that Belichick all-time. 

Total wins is going to end up a LOT closer between the 2 than it might seem before looking into it.

Super Bowl wins as a HC is probably always going to be Belichick, because he banked a few when he was much younger. He was only in his late 40's/early 50's when he won his first, second, and third Super Bowls.  

However, if Reid goes back to back here and picks up another 2 over the course of the next 8-10 years, it gets very interesting. 4 in 10 years vs 6 in 20 years. IF that happens, Reid would have a higher winning % in the Super Bowl (4-1) than Belichick (6-3). 

Then there's the coaching trees. Reid's coaching tree is MUCH more impressive than Belichick's. Hopefully by then McDermott will have joined the list of Reid assistants who have won a Super Bowl as a head coach. 

Today, sure, it's not a discussion. Even if Reid and KC go back to back here it's still not. But 5-10 years from now it could get very interesting, especially seeing how Brady keeps winning and Belichick's team is a disaster. 

Reid won (although not the super Bowl but he got there) with McNabb, a lot of games with Alex Smith, and won it all with Mahomes. 2 different teams in 2 different conferences with 3 different QBs. Big Red just keeps racking up the W's. 

Belichick has never won without Brady. 

If KC 3 peats then things get interesting 1 year from now, but for obvious reasons I don't even want to think about that!

• Thank you (+1) 1