It's Officially That Time Of Year Again - Post Your 2021 Mock Drafts

H2o

This one was done on Fanspeak. They only have us with seven total draft picks when I believe we have eight. These things are fun to play around with to pass some time. 

29: R1 P29 G Wyatt Davis - Ohio State

61: R2 P29 TE Pat Freiermuth - Penn State

92: R3 P28 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa

158: R5 P17 EDGE Rashad Weaver - Pittsburgh

170: R5 P29 OT Brenden Jaimes - Nebraska

207: R6 P28 RB Demetric Felton - UCLA

230: R7 P8 WR Trevon Grimes - Florida

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

The boards on the fanspeak mock always seem to be unrealistic. However this is what it gave me:

R1 Micah Parsons

R2 Pat Friermuth

R3 Dillon Radunz

R5 Daivyon Nixon, Jonathan Cooper

R6 Amon-Ra St Brown

R7 Pete Werner

Awesome draft. Great value. Exceptionally unlikely.

Agreed, but there are many to try out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mock+draft+simulator&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS903US903&oq=mock+&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0i131i433l2j69i59j46i131i433j69i60l3.5238j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like (+1) 1

Draft Network mock is preferable because you rarely find better players dropping. It gave me:

R1 Alijah Vera- Tucker LT/G flex

R2 Jackson Carman RT

R3 Jabril Cox LB

R5 Kylin Hill RB

After that there wasn't a name which I recognized so I haven't included beyond R5.

I like this draft because the first 3 are slated to be the biggest FA losses. Williams, Milano, Feliciano. Tucker in particular would-be an amazing fit since he plays LT and guard. 

Edited by Seoulofstone

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

True but I don't like any of their boards. I find the drafttek site interesting because of their blurbs about fit from actual team fans, but perhaps due to the nature of the site first round players still drop to late rounds because the guys doing it 'forget' they are there. Thus the composite spits them out in weird places. Anyway it's fun. Im sort of glad I haven't paid for a feature that allows trades. I would spend my whole life doing mocks.

• Like (+1) 1

I barely watched any college ball this year so i cant make an educated guess but i would like better Oline, which could be had at pick 30.

4 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Draft Network mock is preferable because you rarely find better players dropping. It gave me:

R1 Alijah Vera- Tucker

R2 Jackson Carman

R3 Jabril Cox

R5 Kylin Hill

After that there wasn't a name which I recognized so I haven't included beyond R5.

I like this draft because the first 3 are slated to be the biggest FA losses. Williams, Milano, Feliciano. Tucker in particular would-be an amazing fit since he plays LT and guard. 

Throw some positions next to those guys so we know what they play.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, H2o said:

This one was done on Fanspeak. They only have us with seven total draft picks when I believe we have eight. These things are fun to play around with to pass some time. 

It almost (as far as you know) brings a tear to my eye that this thread wasn’t started back in October!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Here's another I did this morning on the PFN draft simulator. They have trades that are proposed automatically which is pretty cool.

30. Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State

61. Pete Werner LB Ohio State

102. Hunter Long TE Boston College

147. Daelin Hayes EDGE Notre Dame

152. Trevon Grimes WR Florida

160. Keith Taylor CB Washington

190. Tariq Thompson S San Diego State

201. Javian Hawkins RB Louisville

On 1/29/2021 at 5:58 AM, Blokestradamus said:

I was trying to watch Christian Darrisaw against NC State this morning but the Wolfpack's Alim McNeill kept catching my eye. If the Bills end up cutting a few people on the D-line for cap/performance issues, McNeill looks like a really good candidate to rotate in at 1-tech.

@Blokestradamus did you get a chance to watch Daviyon Nixon? If/when you do, please share your thoughts. Also check out Lorenzo Neal Jr. I’d like to see the Bills get younger, faster and more powerful on offensive and defensive lines

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@Blokestradamus did you get a chance to watch Daviyon Nixon? If/when you do, please share your thoughts. Also check out Lorenzo Neal Jr. I’d like to see the Bills get younger, faster and more powerful on offensive and defensive lines

I started with QB and O-line so I've only made a few tentative notes on other positions so far. I'll definitely be dropping my stream of draft consciousness around here.

I'm actually excited to get into pass rushers this year. I caught some of Joseph Ossai today against OK State and he really stood out.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I'd take this draft for sure

29: R1 P29 LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Notre Dame

61: R2 P29 RB Najee Harris - Alabama

92: R3 P28 EDGE Rashad Weaver - Pitt

158: R5 P17 CB Darren Hall - San Diego State

170: R5 P29 OT James Hudson - Cincinnati

207: R6 P28 TE Tommy Tremble - Notre Dame

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, H2o said:

I'd take this draft for sure

29: R1 P29 LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Notre Dame

61: R2 P29 RB Najee Harris - Alabama

92: R3 P28 EDGE Rashad Weaver - Pitt

158: R5 P17 CB Darren Hall - San Diego State

170: R5 P29 OT James Hudson - Cincinnati

207: R6 P28 TE Tommy Tremble - Notre Dame

I think I could settle for that. Not a huge fan of Hudson early but that'd be decent value for him.

I'd love to know if @YoloinOhio has any insight into the whole Grimes/OSU thing. Kid has a lot of talent but I really don't want another Darron Lee situation.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, H2o said:

I really like this mock, I just hope or DTs are shored up by September.  Star next to Oliver would be really impressive.

16 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

49216D6A-391C-48E3-AD5F-BEEADE92AFBD.thumb.png.fafb3513f1e0f295704cd593a1c4fa0c.png

Wow, going back to 2018 for that one! Good find!

Weird, it isnt on any of the draft resources either. Maybe because it was conditional? He barely played for Carolina and was released that year so maybe the conditions were never met? Or maybe theyre just waiting for Carolina to make it official before updating anything?

I always find the wikipedia pages for each draft to be the most up to date and accurate, and they dont have it listed there yet either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_NFL_Draft#Player_selections

Edit: FOUND IT!

On the wikipedia page, under "Unconfirmed Picks" section. So looks like it hasn't been finalized yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_NFL_Draft#Unconfirmed_picks

On 1/27/2021 at 3:03 PM, H2o said:

Zaven's talked about like he's a 1st rounder, I'd love him and Pat in round 2 yet I can't see getting them both falling to us in either round. Felton is intriguing. He could be another Cordelle Patterson aka a guy with no real NFL position minus a kick returner which is still good value in Round 6. 

• Agree 1

Here's a sim I ran this morning. Accepted one trade offer to grab another mid-round pick.

Najee Harris

RB Alabama

Liam Eichenberg

OT Notre Dame

Tyler Shelvin

DT LSU

Tony Fields II

LB West Virginia

Robert Jones

OG Middle Tennessee

Janarius Robinson

EDGE Florida State

Quintin Morris

TE Bowling Green

Landon Young

OT Kentucky

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.