Salary Cap Question

IBTG81

Imo, 😁👍, I felt that there was no way the cap would not go up, the league/owners would not benefit in any way from freezing the cap at the current level, the owners are more than happy to “loan” themselves money to keep the gravy train rolling...

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10M extra helps when you are 6M in the hole...Have to save 5M for the draft and 1.5M for the practice squad as well.

I am in cut mode on the DL - we spent the most of any team last season on DL FAs and did not get the payback

Star should return as well, should help the run D and improve Edmunds tackle rate - he and Milano had a lot of missed tackles,

so I cut Butler and Jefferson and have Addison take a pay cut as well as I cut Brown  at WR and Lee Smith.  Zimmer played decent as a backup and we also have Phillips so we got some vet depth already.

That gives us approx 25M of cap space; enough to sign Feliciano - Ford will play RT so I let Williams play the market and see if numbers work or not. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I felt that there was no way the cap would not go up, the league/owners would not benefit in any way from freezing the cap at the current level, the owners are more than happy to “loan” themselves money to keep the gravy train rolling...

$185 million would still be a decrease of $13 million from 2020. It will still be a tough offseason for many teams, the Bills included.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

$185 million would still be a decrease of $13 million from 2020. It will still be a tough offseason for many teams, the Bills included.

It’s gonna go ten million higher, jmo. 

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

Maybe we can have both Feliciano and Williams now.  I still think Morse is a goner and Feliciano plays center.  Ford and rookie/FA at the guard spots.  

Please go watch the Cover1 piece on our run game that just dropped then come back here and let us know if you're still all down with that

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cover1+run

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think it also present the Bills an opportunity to find guys that were released by other teams,  another reason why there is no reason to be overpaying Milano

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

Maybe we can have both Feliciano and Williams now.  I still think Morse is a goner and Feliciano plays center.  Ford and rookie/FA at the guard spots.  

I don't see why you cut Morse and eat half of his salary in dead cap. Not smart financially.

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

That would be cool with me. The draft pick could even be a center who could play guard for a season or 2 until taking over👍

• Like (+1) 1

Teams and agents are going to have to get creative with their deals.  I can see lots of teams signing players to two year deals as opposed to 1 year contracts.  Year 1 has a small hit with more bonus money then year two the hit goes up.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please go watch the Cover1 piece on our run game that just dropped then come back here and let us know if you're still all down with that

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cover1+run

I'm going to trust that Daboll is going to make the moves he needs to make to make our run game more successful.  This was just a prediction on my end.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I have suspected this for a while.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 5