Anyone remember when using executive orders mad you a dictator?

Gary M

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Great way to ignore anything about you falling for propaganda on the insulin! You’ll get this reading comprehension yet!

I think the Keystone is a failed project and shouldn’t have been done in the first place. The climate impact greatly outweighs the temporary jobs and part time jobs it creates.

Using EOs is not a dictatorship. It’s something that has been found to be constitutional and done by every President.

Trump issued 69 EOs in 2020 alone and you didn’t complain for a second. I think that alone shows it’s not a dictatorship issue but a partisan issue for you.

Lets wait till the end of the 60 days to see on the insulin, my thinking is the temp stoppage will be permanent with the hope that no one notices, we shall see who fell for propaganda

So hauling oil by truck and train is less of an impact than in a pipe?

Biden said governing by EO is being a dictator, so you disagree with him on that.

I have not complained about Biden using EOs, just his hypocrisy.

Edited by Gary M
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Lets wait till the end of the 60 days to see on the insulin, my thinking is the temp stoppage will be permanent with the hope that no one notices, we shall see who fell for propaganda

So hauling oil by truck and train is less of an impact than in a pipe?

Biden said governing by EO is being a dictator, so you disagree with him on that.

I have not complained about Biden using EOs, just his hypocrisy.

Understanding how the EO is worded is not propaganda, it’s called reading comprehension.

Thinking everyone is going to see huge spikes in insulin prices due to the EO is propaganda.

Not to get back to reading comprehension yet again, but if you read the previous post and understood it, Trumps own run HHS said the impact is going to be minimal. 

Here is for you again: HHS even said this EO would have minimal impact: HHS acknowledged "the economic impact is expected to be minimal" since the vast majority of patients who get insulin from community health centers already get discounted medication. In some cases, those patients receive a one-month supply of insulin for just $7, according to the report published in the Federal Register.

I don’t need to agree with everything Biden says or does. I’m not in a cult. Now this is probably different than we saw the past 4 years with Trump supporters.

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

How was that a failed Trump policy?

community health centers opposed the Trump administration plan. “The executive order was a slap in the face because we were already a low-cost alternative to high prescription drug prices. The executive order just created massive red tape. It’s not a good rule.” 

See my post from yesterday for the rest of your answer.  But I've copied the important part here to hopefully help your reading comprehension.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Understanding how the EO is worded is not propaganda, it’s called reading comprehension.

Thinking everyone is going to see huge spikes in insulin prices due to the EO is propaganda.

Not to get back to reading comprehension yet again, but if you read the previous post and understood it, Trumps own run HHS said the impact is going to be minimal. 

Here is for you again: HHS even said this EO would have minimal impact: HHS acknowledged "the economic impact is expected to be minimal" since the vast majority of patients who get insulin from community health centers already get discounted medication. In some cases, those patients receive a one-month supply of insulin for just $7, according to the report published in the Federal Register.

I don’t need to agree with everything Biden says or does. I’m not in a cult. Now this is probably different than we saw the past 4 years with Trump supporters.

deflection, you still haven't explained a single failed Trump policy that Obiden reversed, even though you claimed a majority of them as failed.

If the price impact was minimal why did Obiden make it such a priority and "pause" it on day 1. Pretty sure there were other things he promised that could have been done.

Will you address the hypocrisy or not?

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

deflection, you still haven't explained a single failed Trump policy that Obiden reversed, even though you claimed a majority of them as failed.

If the price impact was minimal why did Obiden make it such a priority and "pause" it on day 1. Pretty sure there were other things he promised that could have been done.

1. wearing masks in Federal building -overrode the Trump policy of not needing to

2. Rejoining WHO - terrible decision by Trump

3. Rejoining Paris agreement - terrible as well

4. pausing student loan payments - a good Trump policy that is just being extended

5. ending Muslim bam - terrible trump policy 

I can go on and on. Plus it’s not deflection you never asked about it because you had your head wrapped around a headline about insulin.

You keep deflecting about the insulin. Will you just admin you read a headline or a tweet that Biden is making insulin prices go up and didn’t bother to read that that is not actually what is occurring?

I don’t know if you’re just being a parody or what. Biden did not single out insulin. His Executive order you’re referring to halted the implementation of multiple orders and directives. He did not make insulin a priority. It just fell inside the scope of what was frozen.

Plus a great quote from a guy who knows more about this than you because he does more than read a headline, Tom Van Coverden. President and CEO of National Associations of Heath Centers, “We are deeply grateful for the Biden Administration put the brakes on such a harmful rule within hours of taking office. Health Centers, bipartisan members of Congress, and leaders within the Department of Health and Human services have indicated that this rule will do more harm than good at a time when too many people are suffering.” 

Please do us all a favor and become a more informed voter than just a person who reads a quick tweet or a right wing headline.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gary M said:

There is not hypocrisy since he is undoing all the stupid ***** Trump did. You want a dictator to keep his executive orders or the new guy to get rid of them?  

You cannot have both but you knew that and to think otherwise makes you... Well, not smart.

You tried to spin this yet it didn't work.

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

There is not hypocrisy since he is undoing all the stupid ***** Trump did. You want a dictator to keep his executive orders or the new guy to get rid of them?  

You cannot have both but you knew that and to think otherwise makes you... Well, not smart.

You tried to spin this yet it didn't work.

So it's not hypocrisy as long as the ends justifies the means?

amazing.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

1. wearing masks in Federal building -overrode the Trump policy of not needing to

2. Rejoining WHO - terrible decision by Trump

3. Rejoining Paris agreement - terrible as well

4. pausing student loan payments - a good Trump policy that is just being extended

5. ending Muslim bam - terrible trump policy 

I can go on and on. Plus it’s not deflection you never asked about it because you had your head wrapped around a headline about insulin.

You keep deflecting about the insulin. Will you just admin you read a headline or a tweet that Biden is making insulin prices go up and didn’t bother to read that that is not actually what is occurring?

I don’t know if you’re just being a parody or what. Biden did not single out insulin. His Executive order you’re referring to halted the implementation of multiple orders and directives. He did not make insulin a priority. It just fell inside the scope of what was frozen.

Plus a great quote from a guy who knows more about this than you because he does more than read a headline, Tom Van Coverden. President and CEO of National Associations of Heath Centers, “We are deeply grateful for the Biden Administration put the brakes on such a harmful rule within hours of taking office. Health Centers, bipartisan members of Congress, and leaders within the Department of Health and Human services have indicated that this rule will do more harm than good at a time when too many people are suffering.” 

Please do us all a favor and become a more informed voter than just a person who reads a quick tweet or a right wing headline.

Your list = Orangeman bad, thanks for not disappointing

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gary M said:

amazing.

To use a phrase the right used a bit the past four years you’re like an NPC. You just shout out random phrases.

Nowhere in the discussion did you make any point, reference any thing, or demonstrate the least bit of intellectual ability.

You ignored any facts that were the opposite of headlines and tweets that you read. 

You claim Biden is a hypocrite, yet you’re on here mad he’s using executive orders when you started 0 threads the past four years about Trumps use of executive orders. 

Failed is a subjective term. You may think the policies were awesome that are now gone forever. However, a majority of Americans believed they were wrong for the country and Biden is following through on campaign promises and doing what the majority asked him to do.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Gary M said:

amazing.

Wrong it's not hypocrisy when you are undoing what the dictator did. Wow I cannot believe the understanding level of some of you... Trump did a good job on your minds.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

No, definitely not. DEFINITELY not.

As ti the insulin thing... since not everyone will see a big spike in insulin prices, that makes it okay?   Yeesh.

It’s fascinating watching the Bidenites spin this.  Really a study in human psyche

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Wrong it's not hypocrisy when you are undoing what the dictator did. Wow I cannot believe the understanding level of some of you... Trump did a good job on your minds.

sounds like he did a great job on yours.  He still seems to be on your mind.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

lb210129c20210129010626.jpg

Fun that looks like Trump up there.

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

need a tissue ? 

Every time you all post here it's a queue that you are angry. Not a single post after the election but now that the republicans lost everything they feel the need to try and post propaganda here. All it does is make the democratic party stronger.

Trying to get 60 votes in very partisan Senates is a exercise in futility .

Who can override a presidential executive order?

Congress may try to overturn an executive order by passing a bill that blocks it. But the president can veto that bill. Congress would then need to override that veto to pass the bill. Also, the Supreme Court can declare an executive order unconstitutional.

Edited by ALF

On 1/27/2021 at 2:16 PM, Gary M said:

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=LRLypMB2QKmW4qF9d1m-cQ

"Former United States Vice President Joe Biden, who is running against President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election, said that he would not use executive orders to implement his policies because "you can't use executive orders unless you are a dictator.""

He probably doesn't even know what he's signing...thinks it's

the supper menu.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:51 PM, B-Man said:

lb210129c20210129010626.jpg

Trump issued 220 executive orders in 4 years

President Biden signed 25 so far.  Only 195 to go to catch up.  

https://www.federalregister.gov/presidential-documents/executive-orders

Barack Obama issued 276 executive orders between 2009 and 2017

George W. Bush issued 291 executive orders between 2001 and 2009.

You have to wonder how so many "smart" people fell for QAnon and Don's lies 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce