Who do I blame? CLEVELAND!!

1 minute ago, Michael1962 said:

It strikes me as odd that if the Bills are the better team then why was Cleveland in the game against the Chiefs? I guess it is any given Sunday and/or a matchup issue?  Why do other teams seem to play their A game against us?  OK, I will stop whining. 

The Browns can run the ball and get QB pressure with their front four better than the Bills. That helped them stay in the game. If that receiver ( I forget who) didn't fumble the ball at the goal line the Bills might have played the Browns.

• Like (+1) 2

We're a better team than Cleveland - but they have a better defense.

I'm old school, so buy into the old adage that defense wins championships.

We were too one-dimensional to win the SB without some real luck. I think the Bucs would have been a bad match-up for us.  Part of me is actually a little relieved - I want the team to have just a little more balance when we finally do make it to the last game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Had they done their job and beaten the Chiefs, we'd all be trying to figure out how to get SB tickets right now!!! I mean, you let Chad "F'ing" Henne beat you?!?!?!? Pathetic! Maybe our game plan was already set to play Cleveland and they had to modify it?? 🤪

On a more serious note, you comments remind that sometimes you do NOT have to beat the best to be the best.

It is entirely possible that Cleveland could have beaten KC given Mahomes' exit from the game in the 3rd quarter...and then we Bills fans would very likely be talking about the SB, and we wouldn't be talking about how we must totally revamp our lineup to be able to take down KC in a head-to-head showdown next year.

It would be great if another team could emerge in the AFC who somehow develops a knack for matching up very well against KC...let them do our dirty business for us...and then we can focus on that team next.

Works for me; as does a season ending injury to Mahomes next year, should he happen to get one.

It's not a given that our road to the SB goes through KC next year.

• Like (+1) 1

I place the blame where it is deserved and has been admitted too.  The Bills had to play a 110% perfect game.  They didn't, hell they couldn't with what the receivers situation was.  Bottom line they got outplayed and outcoached. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’d rather the Bills lose in the AFCCG instead of going to the Super Bowl and losing to Tom Brady. After four consecutive losses in the Super Bowl, I don’t want to see the Bills lose a fifth. 

Losing the way they did, while painful to all of us now, gives McBeane the opportunity to address the Bills weaknesses and hopefully closes the gap on the Chiefs for next season. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Michael1962 said:

It strikes me as odd that if the Bills are the better team then why was Cleveland in the game against the Chiefs? I guess it is any given Sunday and/or a matchup issue?  Why do other teams seem to play their A game against us?  OK, I will stop whining. 

Maybe you missed the part where Mahomes got hurt and Henne came in and immediately threw a bad INT that allowed Cle to get back into the game? 

End of the day, Cleveland couldn't keep moving the chains when it mattered...just like us.  We stalled multiple times in the Redzone, an area we excelled in all year.  We would start moving the ball and then all of a sudden they would lock down all our receivers a couple plays in a row and stall our drive.  

We don't miss the XP and convert in the Redzone for a TD before the half, and this is an entirely different game.  

People look at the final score and yet miss just how close we were to making this game a dog fight to the end.  Honestly, Daboll looked totally unprepared for the defensive looks the Chiefs gave us.  There is a reason he felt the need to apologize to some of our guys because he was out coached Sunday the Chiefs DC.  We all know KC offense is going to score points, to be competitive with them we have to score too when we have our opportunities.  

The missed XP was further compounded when McD mistakenly decides to go for 2 and doesnt get it making it a 3 score game instead of a 2 score game (16) if he had just kicked the XP.  

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

On a more serious note, you comments remind that sometimes you do NOT have to beat the best to be the best.

It is entirely possible that Cleveland could have beaten KC given Mahomes' exit from the game in the 3rd quarter...and then we Bills fans would very likely be talking about the SB, and we wouldn't be talking about how we must totally revamp our lineup to be able to take down KC in a head-to-head showdown next year.

It would be great if another team could emerge in the AFC who somehow develops a knack for matching up very well against KC...let them do our dirty business for us...and then we can focus on that team next.

Works for me; as does a season ending injury to Mahomes next year, should he happen to get one.

Just as the road didn't always go through NE during their Brady led dynasty!

16 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I’d rather the Bills lose in the AFCCG instead of going to the Super Bowl and losing to Tom Brady. After four consecutive losses in the Super Bowl, I don’t want to see the Bills lose a fifth. 

Losing the way they did, while painful to all of us now, gives McBeane the opportunity to address the Bills weaknesses and hopefully closes the gap on the Chiefs for next season. 

My thoughts exactly. Watching both games last Sunday, it's pretty clear that the Bills would have been humiliated in the SB if they were somehow able to pull off a miracle (or play the Browns) in the AFCCG.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The Chargers have a talented roster. Justin Herbert looks like the real at QB. With the good coaching I could see them giving the Chiefs a good battle for the division

It's always somebody else fault, right! 

There was no guarantees the Bills would have beat the Browns. 

By all rights they should have lost to the Colts, the Ravens were a couple yards from tying up the game until Lamars bonehead decision. At 10-10 game, was it a guarantee the Bills beat the Ravens? They really didn't play well in the playoffs, the Bills coaching was very suspect, and if they would have played the Browns and lost, you would have blamed the Chiefs, right! 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Sounds like a great plan.  We should base our offseason on praying that other teams can do our job for us.  👍🏻

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I blame the Steelers.  I still think the Ravens would have given the Chiefs a very tough game. 

I don’t think the Ravens would’ve had a shot vs. the Chiefs, however, the Ravens D may have been able to rough up a few of the Chiefs offensive players(Kelce, Hill) enough to miss the Bills game, or at least play hurt or ineffectively in the game. That would’ve given the Bills a better chance to win.