Brandon Beane end of season press conference 1/27 11am

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It sounds like they really messed Epenesa up with his weight loss. The guy did exactly what they wanted, and then the Bills basically changed their mind. 

I bet you they have him bulk back up to 270-280.  Coming out of college, I thought he was more of a bulky, set the edge, 3-4 type DE-- not a speed guy.  There is a role in this defense for a player like that.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We were 24th in rush attempts per game. TB was 28th, KC was 23rd and Green Bay was 15th. 

KC and GB were 11th and 6th in yards per rush respectively. We were 19th and TB was 26th.

TB is worse than us running the ball. All the teams in the conference championship game live and die by the arm of their QB. 

You gotta factor in QB scrambles on passing plays into these stats. Brady doesn't scramble. 

Lol reading this comment section you’d think we are Miami blowing the big game to get in the playoffs. 
Funny how some of y’all are missing for weeks at a time until we have a loss. Beane knows what he’s doing. We complained all those years for a stable front office who plans ahead and retains players and isn’t afraid to make a big move. Nothing is going to be perfect but they’re building every year and keep getting better. What good is the negative complaining doing? Everyone sees the needs and where we’re short. They’ll fill the spots they can and coach up the rest. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

did you notice that literally every team besides ours in the conference championships have a balanced attack?  you need it.  being balanced does not mean "running 50% of the time," it means being effective when you do.    If you're one dimensional, which we were,  it's much easier to defend.  our inability to score against the WORST red zone D (KC) was very telling.  

And there's your winning answer. KC literally ignored our RB's all night and dropped 7 in coverage. Those that want JA to keep chucking it 90% are delusional. 

• Like (+1) 2

Anyone else wonder if we had a third running back with speed and pass catching ability to mix with the other 2 guys if things wouldn't be better. More like NE always does with multiple backs filling roles. Of course that would mean replacing 33 yr old gunner Taiwan Jones on special teams.👀

For crying out loud, we should be able to have some guys on special teams who contribute to the offense too. I don't know if Antonio Williams and a speed back are the answer, but I'd like to see!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Anyone else wonder if we had a third running back with speed and pass catching ability to mix with the other 2 guys if things wouldn't be better. More like NE always does with multiple backs filling roles. Of course that would mean replacing 33 yr old gunner Taiwan Jones on special teams.👀

For crying out loud, we should be able to have some guys on special teams who contribute to the offense too. I don't know if Antonio Williams and a speed back are the answer, but I'd like to see!

I do find some of the emphasis on special teams only players agitating. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Both James White and Rex Burkhead are free agents.  They need to replace Taiwan with one of those guys. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Exactly what I said the chiefs game they gave Josh throws to Knox cause they didn’t think Knox would do anything after the catch 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Both James White and Rex Burkhead are free agents.  They need to replace Taiwan with one of those guys. 

Burkhead here would be amazing 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tampa also has stars all over the place. WR, defensive line, LBs, CBs. They are stacked. We have Allen, Diggs, and White and a bunch of solid guys and JAGs. 

And yet Tampa Bay was not a dominant team this year.

Oh yes, they are in the Super Bowl, but look at their schedule. They were 1-5 against teams with winning records.

The Buccaneers are a beatable team.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why are people so obsessed with having a more balanced offense? Do you want to take the ball out of Josh’s hands after he had an MVP caliber season and helped us be a top scoring offense?

I don’t want to run it a lot more, just be better when we do. This offense is about throwing the ball.

I think most people mean 'balanced' in that opposing defenses have to defend against the run and can't simply know the Bills aren't going to do it and if they do it's going to pointless

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Again he reiterates support for the defensive line and RBs.... don’t see many moves happening there unfortunately. He’s mismanaged the cap on the defensive line badly, IMO.

are you happy to be back in upset mode?

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

And yet Tampa bay was not a dominant team this year.

Oh yes, they are in the Super Bowl, but look at their schedule. They were 1-5 against teams with winning records.

The Buccaneers are a beatable team.

We, as currently constructed, can beat Green Bay.  

The problem is, of course, Kansas City is, and likely will, stand in the way of that until we can beat them. 

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We won't be hunted. KC is the only team to be hunted and they're doing all the slaughtering. Josh believe it or not will improve more. But we absolutely have to build a strong run game. I'm not saying we have to tell Josh to stop throwing but we have to give him a fighting chance. Brandon will need to find a better RB & DE. Too 2 priorities. 

Hunted might not be the right word to use, but we will not be overlooked anymore either.

42 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This.

KC is built on Mahomes throwing the ball, but he can throw to WR's, a TE (Kelce), a RB and they can run the ball.

Green Bay is built on Rodgers throwing the ball, but he can throw to WR's, a TE (Tonyan), a RB and they can run the ball.

Tampa Bay is built on Brady throwing the ball, but he can throw to WR's, TE's (Gronk/Brate), a RB and they can run the ball.

Buffalo is built on Allen throwing the ball, and he can throw to WR's.  

What a simple, yet effective way of putting this into perspective.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Hunted might not be the right word to use, but we will not be overlooked anymore either.

I didn’t listen just read the tweets but I took it as the East teams hunting us cause we finally took the division. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We, as currently constructed, can beat Green Bay.  

The problem is, of course, Kansas City is, and likely will, stand in the way of that until we can beat them. 

That's why we have more work to do.

Beane & McDermott will do what they can to get us there.