Brandon Beane end of season press conference 1/27 11am

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What a weird year for scouting and drafting. There has not really been much ability to watch anybody play. Most college football was cancelled this year. Seems like this would be another good draft to trade for a player you like already in the league rather than college kid. Much like the Diggs move. 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We were 24th in rush attempts per game. TB was 28th, KC was 23rd and Green Bay was 15th. 

KC and GB were 11th and 6th in yards per rush respectively. We were 19th and TB was 26th.

TB is worse than us running the ball. All the teams in the conference championship game live and die by the arm of their QB. 

This is going to surprise some people. Tampa lives on the big turnover setting them up for an easy score. They don't consistently drive the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

it's the ability to do it effectively when needed.  we couldn't.  KC did, Tampa can, Green Bay can.  

To be fair, we were much better at this during the regular season. Patriots game, end of Steelers game, and end of second Miami game.   I don't know what happened in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Showing a lot of support for Moss/Motor.....not surprising, he burned two 3rd rounders on both of them. 😅

Moss is fine as our #2 back, but I really hope the Singletary comments are simply GM speak for a guy who's on the roster.   

We tried to get Le'Veon Bell during the season so I can't imagine Beane is truly thrilled with what he's seen, especially after Singletary's disaster of an AFCCG.

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tampa also has stars all over the place. WR, defensive line, LBs, CBs. They are stacked. We have Allen, Diggs, and White and a bunch of solid guys and JAGs. 

This is the truth. We dont have nearly as much talent as people think we do. 

Allen is the difference between being one of the worst/best teams in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Tbh I'm not loving what I'm hearing

What would you want him to say? He isn't going to reveal his plans going forward. He isn't going to throw anyone under the bus publicly. Beane and McDermott are pros at talking a lot but saying very little. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the Bills will "be hunted."  Na.  The hunted teams are those that make the SB.  We need a running game/balanced offense, and a defense that can pressure the QB.  

We won't be hunted. KC is the only team to be hunted and they're doing all the slaughtering. Josh believe it or not will improve more. But we absolutely have to build a strong run game. I'm not saying we have to tell Josh to stop throwing but we have to give him a fighting chance. Brandon will need to find a better RB & DE. Too 2 priorities. 

20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why are people so obsessed with having a more balanced offense? Do you want to take the ball out of Josh’s hands after he had an MVP caliber season and helped us be a top scoring offense?

I don’t want to run it a lot more, just be better when we do. This offense is about throwing the ball.

You are correct, I agree completely with your last paragraph, it is spot on. 

I truly hope that is what Coach means when he says we need to run the ball better, I hope he concentrates on effective blocking schemes so we can actually run the ball, vs upping the volume of run plays, which would not be the way to go.

26 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why are people so obsessed with having a more balanced offense? Do you want to take the ball out of Josh’s hands after he had an MVP caliber season and helped us be a top scoring offense?

I don’t want to run it a lot more, just be better when we do. This offense is about throwing the ball.

I believe the lack of a running game hurt the Bills in the playoffs especially down in the red zone.  If they ran the ball better, it would pressure the defense more.  

I want the Bills to throw the ball but there are instances in a game where they should run it.

• Agree 3