I hope Star and Ford have both been powerlifting

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I doubt either of those guys moves the needle much of at all. 

Ford is a question mark. He was improving at OG. But he had a long way to go. He will be able to focus on OG this offseason which should help him. Jury still out. 

Star is what he is. We were better with him though so maybe he's better than we think. Carolina was similar. When they lost Star their run defense suffered, but when Star played most thought he was replaceable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Remember what McDermott about needing to be physical and the desire to run the ball better.  I think could have implications toward Ford being part of the plan. 

It’s possible that he could make John Feliciano expendable - as much as they love him, I don’t know if they’ll break the bank to keep him.   While he has been decent, it’s clear the middle of the line has been an issue this season.

As far as Star, I think they see a role for him on the roster as a rotational player.  I think they will want to find another option specifically at 1 Tech DT to keep Oliver at 3 Tech.  

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I would love to get rid of Star’s contract

I think they have to wait 1 more year before the cap hit becomes reasonable 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I would love to get rid of Star’s contract

This year was supposed to be the time to get rid of him but him opting out pushed that back a year.

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Having both these players make a difference would be a great start to making a weakness a strength. With Ford, he has come off an offseason surgery both his years so I really hope he can come in a new man and vindicate his draft status.

I really hope Ford is getting stronger. He said before last season started he hit his high weight in bench press at like 305 lbs. The Lineman on my high school team were benching that or more. 

He needs to focus on one position and master the technique. He’s been working out at RG and RT in previous offseason. Then he got moved to LG. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

44 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Remember what McDermott about needing to be physical and the desire to run the ball better.  I think could have implications toward Ford being part of the plan. 

It’s possible that he could make John Feliciano expendable - as much as they love him, I don’t know if they’ll break the bank to keep him.   While he has been decent, it’s clear the middle of the line has been an issue this season.

I think it's more likely that Feliciano comes back is the starting Center. Morse could be a cap casualty, he has been no better than league average overall & is paid like a Pro Bowler. Feliciano is a better OC than OG in my mind.

• Like (+1) 3

Amazing to me that so few people see cause and correlation of the Bills decline in D when Star left......IF he comes back healthy it WILL be an imporvement BUT that is predicated on him coming back in top form......a training camp will really help the Bills define some positions and issues.....imho.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 947 said:

I think it's more likely that Feliciano comes back is the starting Center. Morse could be a cap casualty, he has been no better than league average overall & is paid like a Pro Bowler. Feliciano is a better OC than OG in my mind.

That’s possibly too.  It could also signify a more “physical” OL while saving quite a bit on the cap.  Morse is a good Center in terms of pass blocking but doesn’t move people back

49 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

This year was supposed to be the time to get rid of him but him opting out pushed that back a year.

I really hope Ford is getting stronger. He said before last season started he hit his high weight in bench press at like 305 lbs. The Lineman on my high school team were benching that or more. 

He needs to focus on one position and master the technique. He’s been working out at RG and RT in previous offseason. Then he got moved to LG. 

Yeah, Im hoping that was due to shoulder surgery cause thats pretty bad for an NFL lineman.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You sure about that? Bloated contract for below average player and a healthy scratch after clearing the concussion protocol.

They can bring back Feliciano on the cheap, draft the center of the future, and clear cap space for 2022 and 2023.

The difference between Morse's value and Feliciano's isn't really close.  I know we all like Feliciano because he's a gregarious "tough guy" but the answer is not to lose the 1st or 2nd best player on your line.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Amazing to me that so few people see cause and correlation of the Bills decline in D when Star left......IF he comes back healthy it WILL be an imporvement BUT that is predicated on him coming back in top form......a training camp will really help the Bills define some positions and issues.....imho.

The cause and correlation in the Bills defensive rank regression was a MUCH tougher schedule and a loss of pass rush.

They struggled integrating some new pieces early but ultimately when they wanted to stop the run they did.

They held the 2,000 yard rusher Henry to his lowest output of the regular season and they shut down the NFL's top rushing attack in the divisional round.

The 2019 defense had Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson in contract years and they totaled 16.5 sacks.

Not signing them was the right move.........they basically did nothing with their new teams.........but that pass rush production was not replaced.

Star screwed them by making them use Butler at 1T.........he was supposed to replace Jordan Phillips in the 3T rotation..........but that's about the extent of the impact.

Butler achieved the exact same results from the 1T that Star did.   He absorbed double teams and couldn't get off blocks to make plays just like Star.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1