Did John Feliciano Strike Chris Jones First?

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Looks like he may well have been throwing a punch or something like that, it's not clear; Jones' fat body conceals the punch.  It also looks like Jones is reacting to something and not initiating himself.  

I am not the sort of fan to be disgusted by this sort of thing.  T

I wish they could have gone at it on the 50 yard line for 30-40 seconds without helmets, done their 5 minutes in the box and resumed playing.

The beauty of hockey

• Like (+1) 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not seeing it, but even if I did the NFL claims to care about blows to the head.  So IMHO it should have been at least a 15 yd personal foul.

Glad we are having a deep dive into this game...   No moment in the game will be too small to analyse over the coming 6 months...     

I have never heard of or seen a football Player ever throw a kidney punch. Give me a break. 

Posted Images

Chiefs fans are the worst. Don't even listen to a thing they said.

Maybe Feliciano did pinch him, but that cannot be seen on the broadcast or the video clips. He obviously did something to tick him off. But that doesn't matter. Whatever Feliciano did was well disguised. Jones's punch was clear as day for everyone to see. He should have been ejected. And he should still be fined for it.

30 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Looks like he may well have been throwing a punch or something like that, it's not clear; Jones' fat body conceals the punch.  It also looks like Jones is reacting to something and not initiating himself.  

I am not the sort of fan to be disgusted by this sort of thing.  T

I wish they could have gone at it on the 50 yard line for 30-40 seconds without helmets, done their 5 minutes in the box and resumed playing.

He could easily be retaliating to Feliciano talking smack about his momma. There is nothing clear in that video except Jones throwing a haymaker.

And it was likely a buildup of frustration over many plays and even series.

• Like (+1) 3
3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Chiefs fans are the worst. Don't even listen to a thing they said.

Maybe Feliciano did pinch him, but that cannot be seen on the broadcast or the video clips. He obviously did something to tick him off. But that doesn't matter. Whatever Feliciano did was well disguised. Jones's punch was clear as day for everyone to see. He should have been ejected. And he should still be fined for it.

He could easily be retaliating to Feliciano talking smack about his momma. There is nothing clear in that video except Jones throwing a haymaker.

And it was likely a buildup of frustration over many plays and even series.

Tit pinching hurts

• Haha (+1) 3
12 minutes ago, MJS said:

True, but that's not against the rules, to my knowledge 😉

Feliciano's no dummy

Jones isn't about to tell people dude pinched my nipple

Edited by Figster

If the refs had any balls, he'd have been ejected for that. There isn't any room for judgement in the rules when it comes to punching. It's black and white. But they wimped out as expected. Bill vinovich is the worst referee in pro sports. 

Also, much has been said about mahomes, hill and kelce but Chris Jones was the real mvp on Sunday. Put him on our d line and I think we win that game. 

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

Get another angle, cant tell.  Also, something could have happened on a previous play. 

Anyway, football is a physical game where players try and physically dominate each other.  Emotions and some pushing/shoving/punching are not really surprising or unexpected.  Should this have been a penalty, yes.  I doubt a ref witnessed it as this is kind of obvious.   I think this is made into a much bigger issue than it actually is.

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He should be fined for sure and probably suspend for the 1st half of the SB. KC fans are delusional, they have the most vape shops per sq block in the country so there’s that. KC fans are quickly becoming unbearable.

That would be the first time in history a player gets suspended by the league for half a game, LOL.  This is fineable for sure but not suspendable is kind of extreme.  Unless he has a history of this stuff/is a repeat offender?  Even then, it would have to be an extensive history.

Edited by mattynh
7 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I need people to take off their Bills fan glasses for a second and look at this play as an impartial spectator. Chiefs fans are convinced that John Feliciano punched Chris Jones first in the kidney causing him to retaliate with this punch.

I totally don’t see it but they are convinced it happened.  I’ve watched this probably about 20 times and while I see Feliciano turning him, I’m struggling to see the upper cut or kidney punch that some many Chiefs fans do.

Could it have happened?  I guess but I’m not seeing definitive evidence 

No one could have concluded a punch was thrown by Feliciano, they are trying to defund the dirty play.  It looks to me like he was holding Jones arm and Jones punched him to get him off.

• Like (+1) 1
7 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

Who cares. Feliciano couldn’t block him all game. Only hope was that punch.

He(Jones) should have been ejected.

Then that wouldn`t have been a problem anymore ;)

Edited by JMF2006
7 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Chris Jones was being a chippy punk all game. With that said, I don’t blame him. In that game, season on the line, you have to play right up to the edge. Up to the refs to rein it in. They let a lot go this playoffs, and I actually kinda liked it. Just wished our guys did it too. 

Our team is soft and has been for a long time.  Remember when they defended Aaron Williams after he took what was basically a career ending neck injury from a dolphins cheap shot?  Remember when they defended Tre White after the Gronkowski metal arm brace flying elbow to the back of his head/neck?  Yeah, me neither.

I don't see any punch. I see a background Bill running by which gives the impression of a moving white arm.

I'm pretty sure that Jones was angry with Morse's block to the throat. He just turned and hit Feliciano because he didn't know who was doing it and made an assumption.

1 hour ago, Billzgobowlin said:

No one could have concluded a punch was thrown by Feliciano, they are trying to defund the dirty play.  It looks to me like he was holding Jones arm and Jones punched him to get him off.

I know... but if you read the comments from Chiefs fans that the conclusion they are making 

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

I know... but if you read the comments from Chiefs fans that the conclusion they are making 

It's rationalizing.  There was no strike by Feliciano.

• Like (+1) 1
9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Correct....but did you see a Feliciano punch in the video clip?

It sorta looks like he might have. They were already scrapping before that. Regardless, Jones abused Feliciano.

Anyway, those getting righteously indignant about the failure to eject have to remember that the ref has to see it, and on that play the punch occurred in the scrum and far away from the action. There are 22 players on the field and far fewer refs.

Edited by dave mcbride

i say feliciano struck jones first.....at minimum it was a late shock absorber push, but more likely a clenched fist punch at say 50-75% strength.

i have nfl game pass....i watched it from several angles...none are perfect views. also watched several you tube videos. unfortunately it was one of the few plays NOT shown from the end zone camera on "coaches all 22"

in one view slightly better than the video in this post....you can see feliciano's torso twist in the exact way if a punch was being thrown, you can see a clenched fist heading towards jones, but not impact.  you see jones midriff/jersey  flinch/slightly move,  like he just received a body blow. his reaction back was immediate.